Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbeen View Post
Ok here's what I think, still not to a real computer... On vacation in Hawaii so posting from the phone.

Turning radius is determined solely by steering angle and lean angle of the bike. If you are at max steering lock and max lean angle, you will turn in a certain radius. If you are counter leaning and doing this max lean and max lock at 7mph. That means if you try it at 12mph you will not be able to counterlean because you need more weight on the inside of the bike to maintain the force from gravity to balance against inertia wanting to throw the bike out of the turn. Therefore you may sit straight in the saddle to provide enough force from gravity to counteract the increased lateral force. Given this increased speed, we have increased lateral load on the tire, making you more likely to slide out. I don't think this changes your turning radius or am I wrong? Turning radius is determined by lean angle and steering lock. A specific riding position, steering angle, and lean angle fixes your speed and turning radius. Yes?
mmm, that's math. I have no idea. we can try stuff on the bike though, its more fun anyway. :)

ohgood screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 05:39 AM
ohgood is offline   Reply With Quote