Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #1831
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
Yeah, he had all of them until the spelling bee!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #1832
Joe
Debaser

Oddometer: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
Yeah, he had all of them until the spelling bee!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #1833
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Ducati has several different spec bikes at the test including a couple of "lab" bikes that they are all testing. Dovi and Hayden were out on bikes with black fairings yesterday. Pirro is right there with the rest of them too.

My thought is this: what is by some chance Ducati actually makes huge strides? There will be four factory Ducatis suddenly competitive. Maybe trying to get second tier riders on the podium will make the bike even better than it needs to be.
Don't be surprised! The 'lab' bike is a serious development exercise. The main chassis beams have bolt on sections to experiment with flex/rigidity, have moved the electronic package behind the steering head and moved the fuel load back and down. (The tank has actually been oversized in the past, with plastic balls taking up the space to bring it down to the reg. capacity....!). There is also some serious work going on in the rear shock mounting arrangement , trying both the Honda and Yam setups, and various combinations.
They is serious about this, and I have no doubt they will sort it.
Don't know if Audi give a shit about there're Motorcycle racing heritage, but if they do, the money spent on this stuff is really just a drop in the ocean for this mob.
We shall see

The small matter of the Red bike only having one injector per cyl, against two for the opposition will almost definitely be addressed I'm sure.
I'd love to see Ben and Dovi get amongst it seeing as how they have both been somewhat screwed around over the last cupla years.
(Has Ben lost his mum yet? Sheesh!)

BOOTLACE screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 03:44 PM
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #1834
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
Ducati turning things around could be one of the best things to happen. I would love to see it.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #1835
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,198
+1. I think we'd all like to see 8 bikes capable of getting a podium, 17 times per year, regardless of the badge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
Ducati turning things around could be one of the best things to happen. I would love to see it.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #1836
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
I'd love to see it too. But I'll wait and see what happens. I don't want to end up like Alonso Quijano did.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #1837
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
Don't get me wrong, I have little real hope it will happen, but I think it would make the racing that much more exciting.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #1838
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Don't be surprised! The 'lab' bike is a serious development exercise. The main chassis beams have bolt on sections to experiment with flex/rigidity, have moved the electronic package behind the steering head and moved the fuel load back and down. (The tank has actually been oversized in the past, with plastic balls taking up the space to bring it down to the reg. capacity....!). There is also some serious work going on in the rear shock mounting arrangement , trying both the Honda and Yam setups, and various combinations.
They is serious about this, and I have no doubt they will sort it.
Don't know if Audi give a shit about there're Motorcycle racing heritage, but if they do, the money spent on this stuff is really just a drop in the ocean for this mob.
We shall see

The small matter of the Red bike only having one injector per cyl, against two for the opposition will almost definitely be addressed I'm sure.
I'd love to see Ben and Dovi get amongst it seeing as how they have both been somewhat screwed around over the last cupla years.
(Has Ben lost his mum yet? Sheesh!)
I think the matter of two injectors per cylinder is a big one. Ducati have used two injectors on their street bikes in the past. It shouldn't be too difficult for them to get that right.

Ben's mom is still in the picture 100% as far as I know. Ben is pretty involved with a steady girlfriend at the moment, also. An Italian. Ben's personal crew seem to get along fine with his mother from all that I can tell.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:30 AM   #1839
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
That's my take on the Jerez test: Weather was poor, so the numbers are pretty meaningless.

It was nice to see Rossi at the front on day 2, but clearly, this isn't a "normal" situation. Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Marques, Rossi -- that seems to be the fighting order, as shown not by one day of testing, but by every day of testing except for this latest session.

In an interview after today, Rossi said he wasn't too keen on the new chassis. I have to wonder about superstition, versus data and facts.

Specifically, Rossi did well in strange conditions, on the "standard" chassis yesterday. He did not do as well on the new chassis, today. What are the chances he's selecting a chassis based on the idea that the "standard" chassis is "more lucky" because he was at the top of the timing charts yesterday?

Anyway... another week and change, and we can finally be rid of this silly season!
He was faster than Lorenzo, who was also testing new stuff. Not by much for sure, but his times hold promise of some good battles.

Of all of the fast boys, Rossi has shown that he's a racer. Give Lorenzo and Pedrosa some clear air, and they're usually the fastest ones out there, just laying down the perfect laps. Where Rossi has always shone is when there's a scrap on, and it's always been his forte. Now that the field looks to be pretty even, his penchant for mixing it up should play out in some good battles, as opposed to the processionfests that have marked MotoGP the last couple of years.

At least, I sure hope my guess is right in this. With Marquez and Iannone out of Moto2, can't see that series being as interesting as the last couple of years.

And I see that Smith is living up to his hype. Should have kept Dovi...
Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 AM   #1840
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
He was faster than Lorenzo, who was also testing new stuff. Not by much for sure, but his times hold promise of some good battles.

Of all of the fast boys, Rossi has shown that he's a racer. Give Lorenzo and Pedrosa some clear air, and they're usually the fastest ones out there, just laying down the perfect laps. Where Rossi has always shone is when there's a scrap on, and it's always been his forte. Now that the field looks to be pretty even, his penchant for mixing it up should play out in some good battles, as opposed to the processionfests that have marked MotoGP the last couple of years.

At least, I sure hope my guess is right in this. With Marquez and Iannone out of Moto2, can't see that series being as interesting as the last couple of years.

Context. Lorenzo did a long race simulation in which he was deadly fast and consistent. Rossi did a few hail mary fast laps, otherwise, he was generally .7 to 1 sec down.

However, conditions were less than ideal for the entire test.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #1841
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,345
Quote:
Of all of the fast boys, Rossi has shown that he's a racer. Give Lorenzo and Pedrosa some clear air, and they're usually the fastest ones out there, just laying down the perfect laps. Where Rossi has always shone is when there's a scrap on, and it's always been his forte.
Last season Dani put in some pretty determined ´win it or bin it´ moves for victory. But I agree Rossi often used to be at his best, when it gets into a dogfight. I don´t think Rossi can escape from Dani & Jorge, he´ll do good if he hangs on with them until the closing laps. Add Marquez into that cocktail, and I just can´t wait for the actual racing to begin..!!
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #1842
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Context. Lorenzo did a long race simulation in which he was deadly fast and consistent. Rossi did a few hail mary fast laps, otherwise, he was generally .7 to 1 sec down.

However, conditions were less than ideal for the entire test.
To be clear, I'm a Rossi fan! It just seems that this ^^^^ is true.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #1843
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 371
I'm looking forward to some Rossi and Marq dust ups. Hopefully they will find themselves scrapping for the same position now and again. Since they are both so polite about letting others past it should be.... interesting.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #1844
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
I'm looking forward to some Rossi and Marq dust ups. Hopefully they will find themselves scrapping for the same position now and again. Since they are both so polite about letting others past it should be.... interesting.
I think Cal will be keeping them honest too. Should definitely be... interesting.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #1845
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,183
Quote:

I hope the Tech 3 team enjoyed their air time last year. I guess that's what you get when you sign a rider for a motogp seat 18 months in advance. The list is quite long on riders who would have been better for that seat. JMO.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote