Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by az45 View Post
If I'm looking at a road book and odometer, I'm not looking out for guys like you on bikes trying to figure out which way to go. What happens when someone makes a wrong turn? The go backwards on the race course.
Dakar and may similar races work quite well with this format (stages, roadbooks, secret course, no GPS tracks).

How are you watching out for others while you're looking at the GPS screen? And how is it the GPS prevents missing turns, but a roadbook doesn't? You generally don't have to look at a roadbook as much as a GPS because the roadbook tells you how far you can go before the next turn (most of that in-between time not having to keep looking at the roadbook). With the GPS, you have to look a lot more often, unless you have the whole course memorized.

Rally racing is DIFFERENT from traditional Baja racing. It's a well proven concept. I know it's hard to learn a new trick, but most who put their heart into it actually like it more. Have an open mind and give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az45 View Post
Dont worry about someone having an advantage by using GPS because you're not treating it as a race anyways.
What???? Please explain this? Where there no real "races" before GPS came along? And in many places, a roadbook gives an advantage over a GPS.
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote