Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #76
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,310
Glad you guys are enjoying the bike. Still waiting for time / work / weather to allow me a test ride.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #77
Tuonized
n00b

Oddometer: 9
The previous Saturday I did a test-ride and I must say I am a bit confused. I will try explaining myself.

It seems an excellent bike. Very powerful, very comfortable riding position, great brakes, suspension, throttle and its delivery is very good. You could go riding it and stop only for fuel. But... I think the fun factor is hidden behind the traction control and all the electronic stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of technology and evolution and really loved the bike. But I would expect more thrills from 150hp beast. It seems that everyone, even a newbie, can handle the 150hp of the 1190. On the test ride all the electronics were set to street mode. The power was there, the acceleration was there but all these were delivered in a very safe way.

Perhaps it is my background to blame. I do not have a sport-touring-adventure background. My current bike is an aprilia tuono 2004 model.

Of all the people that have test ridden the 1190, does anyone have a similar feeling?
Tuonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #78
Wuffi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
You must worry about this, you can all the electronic stuff, as you call it, switch off, if wanted
Ciao
Wuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #79
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
this is a enduro touring bike, not a race track one. I think that for what it is the power delivery it's great.
Don't forget is one of the most powerfull bike of this kind out there, and with this one you can do off road, with the other (multi) you better not....
Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #80
Wuffi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Thats it. And also would be the question how long to use 150 hp with a 150 rear tire without TC.
Wuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #81
DiasDePlaya
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuonized View Post
The previous Saturday I did a test-ride and I must say I am a bit confused. I will try explaining myself.

It seems an excellent bike. Very powerful, very comfortable riding position, great brakes, suspension, throttle and its delivery is very good. You could go riding it and stop only for fuel. But... I think the fun factor is hidden behind the traction control and all the electronic stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of technology and evolution and really loved the bike. But I would expect more thrills from 150hp beast. It seems that everyone, even a newbie, can handle the 150hp of the 1190. On the test ride all the electronics were set to street mode. The power was there, the acceleration was there but all these were delivered in a very safe way.

Perhaps it is my background to blame. I do not have a sport-touring-adventure background. My current bike is an aprilia tuono 2004 model.

Of all the people that have test ridden the 1190, does anyone have a similar feeling?
Try it again but in Enduro mode. Limited traction control and no rear ABS.

"Ya veras como quieren en Chile al amigo cuando es forastero"
Traditional song
DiasDePlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #82
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
First time tonight engaged the rain mode; still a lot of fun :-)))
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #83
Frog uk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
This mode, that mode ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Knew this forum would be like this as soon as electronics got involved, what have all these modes got to do with ADVENTURE bike riding?

Just saying like.
Frog uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #84
GVWR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
That 's why I bought the R, less electronics you don't use :-)

I wouldn't recommend this bike for non-experienced riders, first time you try to go above 5000 rpm you might hit something in front of you
(regardless of the mode or traction control / abs settings)
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #85
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog uk View Post
This mode, that mode ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Knew this forum would be like this as soon as electronics got involved, what have all these modes got to do with ADVENTURE bike riding?

Just saying like.
we really needed such an intelligent post!
do you have a 950? it's a tipical comment of that type of nostalgic rider.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #86
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

GVWR, have you tried it off road? I think it's great! I'm corious to find the potentials with a pair of knoby tires.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #87
GVWR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Yep, just a small fire-road with pilion :-))) fun for 2

Long enough however to make me consider to quit my job and make a tour around the globe
Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #88
Frog uk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
we really needed such an intelligent post!
do you have a 950? it's a tipical comment of that type of nostalgic rider.
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #89
Frog uk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
this is a enduro touring bike, not a race track one.
So, why, do, I, need, a, load, of complicated, expensive, electronics, to control, an, excess, of, power,I, don't, need, to have, on,an, 'enduro touring bike'? Your words matey.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #90
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog uk View Post
So, why, do, I, need, a, load, of complicated, expensive, electronics, to control, an, excess, of, power,I, don't, need, to have, on,an, 'enduro touring bike'? Your words matey.
Is it hard for you to understand that people actually like this bike? I love my 950 but i'm not gonna be judgemental until i tried it.

And no, i'm not a fan of electronics either. But i'm gonna wait and see how it plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuonized View Post

So basically, it lacks the explosive character you would expect from a fat v-twin? I hope it's the setting that does that.
I like the lc8 engines for their 'partybomb' power delivery.
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R

Katoom72 screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 05:59 PM
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote