ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #181
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer
 
stk0308's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: St Charles, MO
Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Sure. I don't understand the interest in 9th place battles when they are taking place a timezone or three behind the leader.
When the leader laps everyone up to 6th place. Everyone is taking place in a timezone behind And a top 10 finish in your first Daytona 200, isn't a bad thing.
__________________
Steven
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #182
jktpa
X-Troller
 
jktpa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Fla. Left Coast
Oddometer: 758
In 78 King Kenny lapped the field of 73 bikes!
__________________
Knick
Low Tech-Hi Fun
F800GS
M696
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #183
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence
 
HarveyMushman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 16,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
When the leader laps everyone up to 6th place. Everyone is taking place in a timezone behind
I didn't say Elena was unique in her lack of performance.
__________________
Tim

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #184
Pantah
Red Sox Nation
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 9,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
I didn't say Elena was unique in her lack of performance.
She ran decent lap times, just not factory ride lap times. She was faster than I thought she'd be.

Three hour races are strange animals, particularly onn the long track. It doesn't take much to go a lap down after the first pit and end up pushing your own wind the rest of the day.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #185
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence
 
HarveyMushman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 16,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
She ran decent lap times, just not factory ride lap times. She was faster than I thought she'd be.

Three hour races are strange animals, particularly onn the long track. It doesn't take much to go a lap down after the first pit and end up pushing your own wind the rest of the day.
All very true. Daytona is always an aberration.
__________________
Tim

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #186
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,903
Not sure how relevant this is, but it is interesting considering the trouble AMA/DMG Road Racing is having right now.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...les-mike-kidd/
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #187
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,261
said it before, time to say it again, fuck the ama, dmg, whatever the fuck they call themselves now.
He probably gave them a bit of reality, and they didn't like it.
assholes.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #188
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!
 
Motorcyclist's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Madison, CT
Oddometer: 3,256
That is a loss for DMG. Kidd was very effective managing the flat track series, and I'm sure his departure will hurt the series both from a credibility standpoint as well as the effectiveness he brought to the job.

It seems the countdown clock is ticking.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #189
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence
 
HarveyMushman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 16,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Not sure how relevant this is, but it is interesting considering the trouble AMA/DMG Road Racing is having right now.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...les-mike-kidd/
How's he supposed to attract sponsors with no television exposure and a thin schedule?

Now I'm wondering if there will be a Round 2.
__________________
Tim

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:05 AM   #190
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,261
the racers, teams, sponsers, etc, ALL deserve better than what they are getting from these assholes. THEY are the ones who will need to change things. Obviously the ama/dmg thing is failing miserably.
ya know, if you didn't know better, you would swear that dmg bought the rights to ama pro for the sole reason to kill it and bury it. maybe they saw it as a threat to their precious nascar.
the ama/dmg deal has simply lead to even more backdeal chicanery and tomfoolery, and even more people scamming money out of a series that had little to start with.

bikerfish screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 04:20 AM
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #191
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer
 
DogBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
the racers, teams, sponsers, etc, ALL deserve better than what they are getting from these assholes. THEY are the ones who will need to change things. Obviously the ama/dmg thing is failing miserably.
ya know, if you didn't know better, you would swear that dmg bought the rights to ama pro for the sole reason to kill it and bury it. maybe they saw it as a threat to their precious nascar.
the ama/dmg deal has simply lead to even more backdeal chicanery and tomfoolery, and even more people scamming money out of a series that had little to start with.
Yes, I'm sure motorcycle road racing is a serious threat to NASCAR.
__________________
"I were riding so fast, I were sucking rabbits out of the hedges" IOM TT racer Guy Martin - Thanks to rallybug
DogBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #192
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Yes, I'm sure motorcycle road racing is a serious threat to NASCAR.
it's not, that was tongue in cheek. Honestly though, they have failed miserably, the series is in much worse shape then when they bought it, now, what, 5 years after the fact, they have failed to do any of the things that the ama said would be done.
I would have hoped that DMG, with the vast resources(not just money) available, would have been able to turn things around. Maybe the higher-ups at Daytona won't let them? Maybe they have no budget? maybe they are just a bunch of corrupt office idiots. I don't know. I do know they have taken the pinnacle of roadracing in this country and turned it into a joke.
I mean, why buy it if they weren't willing to work on it?
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #193
misanthropic
Gnarly Adventurer
 
misanthropic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Keller TX
Oddometer: 496
The question is who cares enough about roadracing in the US to do something about this? Shwantz is pissed about getting screwed by COTA and not getting credit for for bringing MOTOGP to TX but if we have no series to develop talent and put riders in MOTOGP there isn't much future for the sport here anyway.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #194
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthropic View Post
The question is who cares enough about roadracing in the US to do something about this? Shwantz is pissed about getting screwed by COTA and not getting credit for for bringing MOTOGP to TX but if we have no series to develop talent and put riders in MOTOGP there isn't much future for the sport here anyway.
there's a certain dairy farmer in Alabama, I hear he's kinda rich and likes motorcycles, someone told me he built a little race track. maybe we should call him!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #195
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 5,946
the year Mladin left when DMG got the series the final race at Laguna was a complete joke and the series has been pretty much in the shitter since then.. AMA needs to take back the name and series..
on the racer side of things Josh Herin succesfully had surgrery to relive arm pump yesterday or the day before..
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014