ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #1801
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over

Oddometer: 722
Heaven forbid people not have the time/interest/disregard of safety to go riding in the snow, freezing rain, dark, huh? If you want it back, go get it.

Who are these non participants you speak of? I don't see any arm chair QBs. Several folks have gotten Bruce'd lately which leads me to believe folks are out riding. Also not everyone who pops in a plays does that exclusively for their riding. Several folks were down at the March Moto Madness this weekend. I'm all for Hail Mary rides, but Tellico to Johnson city and back in sub 35 sucks. If that's your idea of fun, have at it!

It's really quite simple. If you enjoy the game play it. If you don't enjoy the game, ride your own ride. It's really that simple. Expecting others to have the same drive, enjoyment, and/or availability as yourself is an example of poor expectation management. It's up to that person, not everyone else, to make adjustments.

The tag is both well known and easily searchable. At this point there's only one person who can't grab the tag. It's fair game for any and everyone. If you don't like where it's at or the speed in which it's moving, get out there and get it.
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #1802
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy_Crk View Post
Heaven forbid people not have the time/interest/disregard of safety to go riding in the snow, freezing rain, dark, huh? If you want it back, go get it.

Who are these non participants you speak of? I don't see any arm chair QBs. Several folks have gotten Bruce'd lately which leads me to believe folks are out riding. Also not everyone who pops in a plays does that exclusively for their riding. Several folks were down at the March Moto Madness this weekend. I'm all for Hail Mary rides, but Tellico to Johnson city and back in sub 35 sucks. If that's your idea of fun, have at it!

It's really quite simple. If you enjoy the game play it. If you don't enjoy the game, ride your own ride. It's really that simple. Expecting others to have the same drive, enjoyment, and/or availability as yourself is an example of poor expectation management. It's up to that person, not everyone else, to make adjustments.

The tag is both well known and easily searchable. At this point there's only one person who can't grab the tag. It's fair game for any and everyone. If you don't like where it's at or the speed in which it's moving, get out there and get it.
Yeah!
The_Commander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #1803
CDHMotorsports
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxd253 View Post
Has everyone quit playing? Weather the culprit?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
No.....I didn't want the tag to set anywhere for a long time, I was just giving it a rest since it seemed like it bothered others when I wouldnt let it sit long. I can come get it and visit some family and friends in the area. I will send you a message and we will meet up and chat over lunch. thanks

Dont mind what people say on this forum.... they seem to be very defensive sometimes. I have invited some others who play the tag game just to meet up and ride and they dont respond to my invitations. Oh well, we ride alot more miles just riding thoughout the year and the tag thing is just fun in my piddle time. See ya soon. Chris
Old 03-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #1804
CDHMotorsports
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheil View Post
Isn't this what the non participants wanted, to get it farther east so it can set!

dwheil.....you shouldnt speak out loud, the only thing I ever heard was Sevier county was done. it's sit long enough now.....its time to play again.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #1805
The_Commander
The Man.

Watch out, y'all. The Sevier County contingent is loading up to get the tag.

I just hope they have enough tie downs.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #1806
ETrider
Gawker

Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Commander View Post

No offense to anyone but that was kinda funny.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #1807
CDHMotorsports
Gnarly Adventurer

Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Commander View Post

I hope you have the same attitude when we meet out somewhere.....it will be interesting to see if what your personality is when your not chatting from behind an internet forum.

I do have some tie downs. Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #1808
The_Commander
The Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHMotorsports View Post
I hope you have the same attitude when we meet out somewhere.....it will be interesting to see if what your personality is when your not chatting from behind an internet forum.

I do have some tie downs. Thanks
Out. Of. Your. Depth.

Seriously? That's just about beyond bizarre.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #1809
mxd253
Oh Bob Saget!!

Oddometer: 41
Lol, so much cabin fever amongst everyone! I can't wait for spring to show back up.

mxd253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #1810
strongmendieyoung
KLR Lover

Oddometer: 500
when did this game become such a serious thing??

I've been Bruced so many times I can't count. I play the NC tag a lot and you're almost guaranteed to get Bruced every time unless you're out the door as soon as a new tag is placed. Those guys never seem to complain too much about tags staying in the same locale for a long time, and there have been so many tags placed that it is getting hard to find an original place to tag. If someone doesn't get the tag, there will always be another chance. I make the best of it when I get out, find a new road, go try a new diner out etc. That's kind of the point if you ask me, not just snapping a photo and posting it from my smartphone.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #1811
machinebuilder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHMotorsports View Post
No.....I didn't want the tag to set anywhere for a long time, I was just giving it a rest since it seemed like it bothered others when I wouldnt let it sit long. I can come get it and visit some family and friends in the area. I will send you a message and we will meet up and chat over lunch. thanks

Dont mind what people say on this forum.... they seem to be very defensive sometimes. I have invited some others who play the tag game just to meet up and ride and they dont respond to my invitations. Oh well, we ride alot more miles just riding thoughout the year and the tag thing is just fun in my piddle time. See ya soon. Chris
Lighten up Francis

I could write more but nobody wants to hear my crying.

Just play the game, get out and ride, and don't worry about it moving or sitting.

Enjoy the ride
Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #1812
mxd253
Oh Bob Saget!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmendieyoung View Post
when did this game become such a serious thing??

I've been Bruced so many times I can't count. I play the NC tag a lot and you're almost guaranteed to get Bruced every time unless you're out the door as soon as a new tag is placed. Those guys never seem to complain too much about tags staying in the same locale for a long time, and there have been so many tags placed that it is getting hard to find an original place to tag. If someone doesn't get the tag, there will always be another chance. I make the best of it when I get out, find a new road, go try a new diner out etc. That's kind of the point if you ask me, not just snapping a photo and posting it from my smartphone.

Word! I'm new to it and just wanna have fun. Let's keep'er drama free.

BTW: Jason did ya get some new tars yet?

Old 03-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #1813
strongmendieyoung
KLR Lover

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Word! I'm new to it and just wanna have fun. Let's keep'er drama free.

BTW: Jason did ya get some new tars yet?

Nope I'm calling you up as soon as the nasty weather breaks. Definitely getting the IRC's
Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #1814
mxd253
Oh Bob Saget!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmendieyoung View Post
Nope I'm calling you up as soon as the nasty weather breaks. Definitely getting the IRC's
Slick! I'm pumped to see ya on those.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #1815
DragonNester
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Lol, so much cabin fever amongst everyone! I can't wait for spring to show back up.

I'm with you...for now, I kinda like sitting on my couch taking armchair adventures...did so when the tag was in the Choo-Choo area.

I've seen some very interesting places in the Far East (TN) also, thanks to y'all.

Got my new Tiger 800 so watch out ETTOR world! Well, at least when the weather breaks.