Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #61
HBrew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Parts are available for SYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
The other complaint I hear about SYM is that owners are having issues getting common parts from their dealer. It seems the parts are available, but the SYM distributor does not want people working on their own bikes, so they make the parts hard to get.
The complaint was that Alliance Powersports will not sell parts directly to the public. The parts are available through the dealer network.

I posted the following on page 3 of this thread, you can read the complaint for yourself and decide what it was all about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBrew View Post
I have also read the SYM Owners Forum, and come away with a very different picture than JerryH. Here is a sample:

"MMSD

Re: Lance Needs to be the only USA Distributor
Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 02:44:02 PM
Nope...not buying it!!!

It's in April and Lance is obviously Face-booking, Wiki-ing and all that Bullshit adding Sym to their cache of sales items. But where are the (screaming at the TOP of my lungs!!!) God Damn Parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I recommend everyone contribute to an on-line HATE campaign against them if there are not on-line purchasable parts to the general public at the Carter Bros pricing immediately. Start by crapping all over their facebook page until they cry.

DO NOT BUY SYM, Lance or Alliance until then. Trash Lance in every way until they come through!!!!! PASS IT ON............"

If you want wade through very old news you can read it for yourself at: http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=911.15

The beef has been about Alliance not providing discount parts directly to consumers, not that the parts are not available. Seriously the person wanted to start a hate campaign until Alliance sold cheap parts directly. Remember this was all happening as Alliance was trying to startup, they have been progressively improving, as promised.

I can say that I do have first hand experience with Alliance and my experience has been very good. From everything that I have experienced, and have read online Alliance has been helpful to SYM owners. They have been following through with the plan they laid out. I am sure Klxmack will do the same given a fair chance.
HBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #62
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,961
I don't get it. No manufacturer or importer sells parts direct as far as I know of, they are all sold through dealers. You cannot order a Honda part directly from Honda, you have to get it through a dealer, or an online parts place, which is still basically a dealer for Honda parts. They sell retail, they buy from Honda, mark up the price to retail, and sell it to the customer. I would never expect a company to sell me cheap parts direct, and have never bought parts that way.

The complaint I kept hearing on symforum.com was that owners were having problems getting parts from dealers. I'll go back and check again. I remember there was a dealer called Ootscoot that would sell parts, but that was not the case for most other dealers. They could get the parts for themselves to work on the bikes, but the distributor did not want parts sold directly to customers (by the dealers) It's possible this was during the Carter Bros disaster, But I'm pretty sure it was long after that that I was asking about it, when I was considering a Wolf 150. I do all my own work, including service, so being able to get parts from the dealer would be critical.
1980 Puch moped

JerryH screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 07:23 PM
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #63
HBrew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
It may have been after the Carter fire, and before Alliance started as a new distributer. My dealer was set up to order parts, short term in the time between distributers, from the distributer in Canada.
HBrew is offline   Reply With Quote