Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #556
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post
Ferrari had nowhere near the car Red bull had last season and Romain Grosjean at Belgium played a key role in why Alonso did not win the WDC.

So how many F1 victories and world championships do you have? I am pretty certain Alonso has you beat on both counts. In fact, I bet he has more podium finishes this season than you have in your entire "career."

Stupid argument is stupid.

Really you are going there, "Stupid".

"Stupid agument is stupid."

You must realise at some point, that you are asking some random guy on an internet forum how many F1 victories and world championshis he has won...

Also staying with the safe bet that Alonso has more podium finishes this year than me... Some random guy on the internet!

Sir I to you in all your infinit wisdom !

I thought we were here to play nice and have fun...

Ps No F1 victories, no WDC and Alonso has more podium finishes this year than me.... some random guy on the net !

WildAnCrazymtl screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 02:42 PM
WildAnCrazymtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #557
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,424
Say what you will about NASCAR, but those guys are driving the crap out of those cars from flag to flag. And there is no way that any of them would "back off" to let a team mate win the second race of the season! Maybe one of the last chase races, but not this early. And they don't "bite their tongues", they go after the guy that screwed them. Sorry, but I prefer to watch racing and that wasn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Yeah, you're right. The same happens in IndyCar. And in NASCAR. I mean, I guess you could hate on all those series for the same reason. The cars are looking for the best equation, the best balance of fuel, tires and parts, that gets them to the end with the maximum haul of points that is realistically possible.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #558
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAnCrazymtl View Post
Really you are going there, "Stupid".

"Stupid agument is stupid."

You must realise at some point, that you are asking some random guy on an internet forum how many F1 victories and world championshis he has won...

Also staying with the safe bet that Alonso has more podium finishes this year than me... Some random guy on the internet!

Sir I to you in all your infinit wisdom !

I thought we were here to play nice and have fun...

Ps No F1 victories, no WDC and Alonso has more podium finishes this year than me.... some random guy on the net !
Says the guy who claimed to have as many 2012 Championships as Alonso. Nice to see you acknowledge that your argument was monumentally idiotic. It takes a big man to admit to that level of stupidity.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #559
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,143
Quote:
Yeah, you're right. The same happens in IndyCar. And in NASCAR. I mean, I guess you could hate on all those series for the same reason. The cars are looking for the best equation, the best balance of fuel, tires and parts, that gets them to the end with the maximum haul of points that is realistically possible.

You know a lot more about motorsports than I ever will, you certainly know all this better than I do, so I guess I don't understand your beef.
I have never watched a complete NASCAR race and I haven't watched an entire IndyCar race since . . . the late-90's? Maybe I've watched a couple 500's since then. My reasons are varied and not relevant to a F1 discussion. I don't "hate" on those series for a simple reason: I don't care about them. Never have, in the NASCAR case, and haven't in a long time in the case of IndyCar.

My beef with F1 is that it is more business than sport. By a wide margin. The amount of money sloshing around in the series enables the sort of carbon-fiber weave pattern fetishism some like to indulge in, but it also requires team principals to think about making the monthly nut on a 3,000-person payroll and the courting of the kind of people who think Rosberg's competitive instincts pose too great a risk to Daimler AG's investment. The Board didn't spend all that money to go racing, dear boy.

All of those hundreds of millions spent chasing a tenth, just to cruise in formation for half (at least) of the "race." It's absurd. I can't pretend otherwise.

But to those who confuse Vettel's actions for those of a true racer, wronged by the system: Bullshit. He's just a twat.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #560
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Says the guy who claimed to have as many 2012 Championships as Alonso. Nice to see you acknowledge that your argument was monumentally idiotic. It takes a big man to admit to that level of stupidity.
Clearly you don't play well with others......

Where did I claim to have as many 2012 championships as Alonso?

The voices in your head don't count sir!

Your a legend in your own mind sir !

Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #561
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmin C View Post
It says "2010 Formu..." in the bottom right.
Sorry didn't see it without my glasses
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #562
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Say what you will about NASCAR, but those guys are driving the crap out of those cars from flag to flag. And there is no way that any of them would "back off" to let a team mate win the second race of the season! Maybe one of the last chase races, but not this early. And they don't "bite their tongues", they go after the guy that screwed them. Sorry, but I prefer to watch racing and that wasn't!
The NASCAR I see on my TV has plenty of looooong runs where the car aren't fighting for anything. All they're doing is conserving fuel and tires and knocking down laps.

That's one of the things that's killing viewer interest.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #563
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The NASCAR I see on my TV has plenty of looooong runs where the car aren't fighting for anything. All they're doing is conserving fuel and tires and knocking down laps.

That's one of the things that's killing viewer interest.
What killed it for me was the COT. If they want me back they can bring back "stock cars" !

Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #564
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
I have never watched a complete NASCAR race and I haven't watched an entire IndyCar race since . . . the late-90's? Maybe I've watched a couple 500's since then. My reasons are varied and not relevant to a F1 discussion. I don't "hate" on those series for a simple reason: I don't care about them. Never have, in the NASCAR case, and haven't in a long time in the case of IndyCar.

My beef with F1 is that it is more business than sport. By a wide margin. The amount of money sloshing around in the series enables the sort of carbon-fiber weave pattern fetishism some like to indulge in, but it also requires team principals to think about making the monthly nut on a 3,000-person payroll and the courting of the kind of people who think Rosberg's competitive instincts pose too great a risk to Daimler AG's investment. The Board didn't spend all that money to go racing, dear boy.

All of those hundreds of millions spent chasing a tenth, just to cruise in formation for half (at least) of the "race." It's absurd. I can't pretend otherwise.

But to those who confuse Vettel's actions for those of a true racer, wronged by the system: Bullshit. He's just a twat.
I like the last bit. That's the spirit!

Not half the race. Arguably, around lap 39 or 40 (out of 65) when Vettel takes 2nd from Hamilton. Less arguably, lap 44 when Webber emerges with the lead on the last set of pit stops. That's probably when Vettel decided he'd ignore team orders. He took a bite from the apple on lap 44.

Massa made two excellent passes to go from 7th to 5th, his last move coming around lap 52 or 53, I think.

I know you prefer bikes. Are there no bike races where the guy's just holding onto his position with no hope of catching anyone in front of him? Seems to me I've seen a few (admittedly, I only watch in the most casual way.)

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #565
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Clearly you don't play well with others......

Where did I claim to have as many 2012 championships as Alonso?

The voices in your head d on't count sir!

Your a legend in your own mind sir !
Post #496:

"As for what Alonso did last year in the Ferrari... He did not win, even I can do that."

Apparently you can't keep track of the verbal diarrhea you spew.

Paebr332 screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 05:01 PM
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #566
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,143
Quote:
Massa made two excellent passes to go from 7th to 5th, his last move coming around lap 52 or 53, I think.
Massa works for the Italians. They haven't completely lost sight of the sport. Plus, he was the only Ferrari left, fighting for scraps. On a related note, I don't fault Alonso for staying out. He's a racer; he pushes the limit, sometimes too far.

Quote:
I know you prefer bikes. Are there no bike races where the guy's just holding onto his position with no hope of catching anyone in front of him? Seems to me I've seen a few (admittedly, I only watch in the most casual way.)
Motorcycles are self-evidently better. Duh.

One important difference: In motorcycle racing, there is no pit-to-rider radio, so no self-important engineer or principal telling the rider what to do every other lap (bless you, Kimi!). The rider is left to use his own judgement, an essential delegation of authority anathema to the corporate world, and F1.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #567
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,982
Quote:

They soft-pedal it to conserve fuel and or tires just like F1.

I hear Sprint cup drivers talk about "saving it" for the end of the race, and taking it easy for the middle 300 miles.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #568
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Post #496:

"As for what Alonso did last year in the Ferrari... He did not win, even I can do that."

Apparently you can't keep track of the verbal diarrhea you spew.
Come on man, I stated Alonso lost the WDC to Vettel and I could lose to Vettel too! That does not equate to me claiming to has won as many championships as Alonso ! Unless your claim is we both did not win, or we both won zero championships in 2012... If that is the case what would be your point in stating that.

Why based on that do you call me "stupid, idiotic and claim I spew verbal diarrhea" when I have been nothing but polite to you sir ? It is you who has missunderstood plain english and taken some of my posted out of context.

That being said, all is forgiven, clearly you are the better man for insulting me... Again!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!!!

Who believes Webber had this comming to him based on Turkey 2010, Sliverstone 2011 and Brazil 2012 ?

Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #569
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,306
Quote:
First off I would like to thank the OP for starting and keeping the thread current with interessting info and cool linls. I really missed knowing what was going on...

I would also like to know if there are fellow canadians here and where are they watching the coverage. We have tsn that covers qualifing with a bear minimum of time... 1 hour 5 minutes and cuts the driver interviews. We also get some corerage from a french station rds. They try but are clueless to what is going on, to make matters worst, they talk durring the team radios and translate all wrong... I miss speed's coverage. I get my tv from bell express view... Any help would be apreciated!
You know? Your first post in this thread was pretty good (quoted). The rest have pretty much sucked.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #570
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,105
Quote:
Don't these guys in F1 only get a certain number of engines for the season, otherwise they are docked points? I think its 8 engines. That's why the Red Bull drivers were instructed to dial it back and conserve the engines... but I guess Vettel ignored that and went for the win. Conversely the Mercedes drivers, given similar orders, did what the team wanted them to do and held their positions.

Vettel is obviously a great driver, probably will be one of the greatest of all times, but he's clearly not a team guy... he does whatever he wants, and that really pisses Webber off
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote