ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #34261
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
Last week a friend of mine dropped in off the knifes edge and ski'd 1,300 feet down the chimney.

He and a few others had been up there for almost a week waiting for the right conditions.

This is the same guy that did the 100 mile wilderness in 39 hours.

Everyone's got there own sickness I guess.
awesome!!!

[QUOTE=mikewillsmith;21033527]What's not to like.

Nice riding the last few days. Although it makes me wonder, why the.......did I wait all these years to buy heated gear. Nice and toasty.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #34262
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewillsmith View Post
What's not to like.
'Hoot' was singular.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #34263
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #34264
kobukan
almost gnarly

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromsurfer View Post
Nice riding the last few days. Although it makes me wonder, why the.......did I wait all these years to buy heated gear. Nice and toasty.
With the right gear there is only one riding season . . . and it never ends.
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #34265
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,437
[QUOTE=stromsurfer;21033640] awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewillsmith View Post
What's not to like.

you were not old enough......

nice clearance under that rig...
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #34266
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,152
Dangerously close to page 2.

Deep into map land, wishing I was on my bike and following a colored line.

Nice day today, won't be long now!
Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #34267
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Dangerously close to page 2.

Deep into map land, wishing I was on my bike and following a colored line.

Nice day today, won't be long now!

I was on the road for one reason and another for most of the day yesterday. Unfortunately, had to be in the truck. Saw Many 2 wheeled conveyances! Was more than a little envious.

Maybe later today before those 30% chance of showers come in...

I said something LIKE that yesterday.... 'cept without the rain in the forecast

Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #34268
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

snow gently falling here this morning....
feels like Christmas again....thermo-bob yesterday for KLR, Klim pant on schedule for today.....
LifeSong
Old 03-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #34269
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,421
Yea I just heard there is a chance of light snow here tonight...but with day time temps in the 50's...

Seems to me that it is just the start of a long season of riding...with lots of good days to come I am sure
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:32 AM   #34270
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
snow gently falling here this morning....
feels like Christmas again....thermo-bob yesterday for KLR, Klim pant on schedule for today.....
You had me watching my temp gauge all day Sunday...needle barely hovered above the cold line maybe a needles with of day light between the bottom line and the needle. I may put the thermo-bob on my list for next season. I can't wait to here how all your changes work out.
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #34271
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Looking for some input on a set of blue tooth speaker for my helmet. Not really interested in the communicator side of things, just want to listen to audio books and music while on longer trips. Who is running what? I am kinda on a budget.....
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #34272
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
You had me watching my temp gauge all day Sunday...needle barely hovered above the cold line maybe a needles with of day light between the bottom line and the needle. I may put the thermo-bob on my list for next season. I can't wait to here how all your changes work out.

for those who plan on keeping a KLR around for the long term it seems to be a good idea...

Watt-man has 90k on his KLR with no issues...
LifeSong
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #34273
Chris W
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
Looking for some input on a set of blue tooth speaker for my helmet. Not really interested in the communicator side of things, just want to listen to audio books and music while on longer trips. Who is running what? I am kinda on a budget.....
You sure you want blue tooth? I was always worried about battery life.

I use an autocom. Picked it up used, and it never needs to be charged. Not sure what they are going for these days. Mine is an older active-7 sport I think. It only has one audio in, so I have a mix-it 2 to run my audio devices through. (Radar, GPS, Cell, Satelite radio) The wire doesn't bother me. Seems like my heated jacket is hooked up 90% of the time anyway.

The only comm I have is the cell-phone that blue tooths to the GPS. Never went so far as adding a CB to it.

Sound quality is excellent, even with ear plugs in.

Don't go cheap. I did that a few times before I did it right. Cheap stuff lasts a season, I've been running the autocom for 7 years, and it was used when I got it. I am on my 2nd mix-it.
IBA #393

"I know I'm getting tired when I start ducking for over passes..." ~ Ardys Kellerman
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #34274
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
now, before I answer this, I want to offer that I know that I am not REALLY answering your primary question, so feel free to ignore the response, but I will offer my experiences in case it helps.

Found this on a google search... looks like it, or something like it might work.
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/motorcy...FdOHMgodC3gATw

My Brother had a pair or Scala headsets with him when he was here this fall. WE just used them for the bike to bike feature, but when he rides alone he uses them for phone, music and GPS. They did a pretty good job of letting us talk over reasonable distances, but IIRC it took a while to get them paired properly. I had personal issues with the placement of the boom mic in my helmet. There is very little room between my face and the chinbar of my helmet so I basically had the mic IN my mouth, but I am sure that this is not a common problem for "normal sized" people.

For My needs thus far, whenever I have wanted to have music in my ears I use fairly inexpensive ear-buds. I like the ones with the "over the ear" hooks to help keep them in place as I slide the helmet on. They can get a little uncomfortable over a long day, but that happens so seldom for me, it's not a big deal. For a little more $$ you can get "in helmet" speakers that do the same thing without actually having to fight with "in the ear" issues.

Something like this perhaps
http://www.amazon.com/SharkMotorcycl...es+for+helmets

I like the non-bluetooth options for my needs a) because I'm cheap, b) they don't need to be charged, c) because I'm cheap, d) I don't use them very often, and e) because I'm cheap.

but hey, that's just me.

Good luck, and I am sure that there are others that can give you better answers.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #34275
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Cheap and easy solution is a pair of in ear speakers (skull candy works for me) I have thought about a ram mount for my phone though so it is in front of me where I can access it if needed.

Beyond that I have looked at the Scala units for communicating with Ginger on longer rides, plus all the other features.

I for one am not interested in taking calls while I ride...helmet time is me time