ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #1996
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy1 View Post
ADd to that two marathon stages back to back. That would definitely open things up!
With a big route split between 2 and 4 wheels and the logistics attached to the main bivouac it may be that the bikes will be travelling light into Bolivia for the marathon stages - stick close to Chavo then

I wonder how much that detour cost the Bolivian president
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #1997
chavo_dakar_bolivia
Adventurer
 
chavo_dakar_bolivia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Bolivia
Oddometer: 59
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
With a big route split between 2 and 4 wheels and the logistics attached to the main bivouac it may be that the bikes will be travelling light into Bolivia for the marathon stages - stick close to Chavo then

I wonder how much that detour cost the Bolivian president

HAHAHAH Thats a good one! Funny thing is Ive never been to that area....YET.....
Bluebull, are gonna ride with me there?
They ve said here the government is paying around 2MM..not sure though.
__________________
DAKAR 2014# 40
Speedbrain Rally Team -Bolivia
chavo_dakar_bolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #1998
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Per
Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavo_dakar_bolivia View Post
HAHAHAH Thats a good one! Funny thing is Ive never been to that area....YET.....
Bluebull, are gonna ride with me there?
They ve said here the government is paying around 2MM..not sure though.
Hi Chavo!

South Western Bolivia is seriously awesome riding. I would love to ride with you there, but when depends on when my leg is healed. I still cant walk at the moment.

If the government are paying 2 million then its two stages in Bolivia.

Im betting that the Bivouac will be in Uyuni (3,900m) right next to the ginormous Salar de Uyuni....





Only problem with crossing the Salar at that time of year is that its full of water......makes it very dangerous.

In January 7 german tourists got stuck out there for no less than 5 days. They had to send a plane to go and look for them.
__________________
-
-
RIP Angelo Pandelidis aka Brodovich Team F5 leader and inventor of Brodomath.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #1999
chavo_dakar_bolivia
Adventurer
 
chavo_dakar_bolivia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Bolivia
Oddometer: 59
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Hi Chavo!

South Western Bolivia is seriously awesome riding. I would love to ride with you there, but when depends on when my leg is healed. I still cant walk at the moment.

If the government are paying 2 million then its two stages in Bolivia.

Im betting that the Bivouac will be in Uyuni (3,900m) right next to the ginormous Salar de Uyuni....





Only problem with crossing the Salar at that time of year is that its full of water......makes it very dangerous.

In January 7 german tourists got stuck out there for no less than 5 days. They had to send a plane to go and look for them.

You think you will be healed up by June/July? I ll wait for your leg to be healed up, I need a tour guide there!
Lets keep in touch....
__________________
DAKAR 2014# 40
Speedbrain Rally Team -Bolivia
chavo_dakar_bolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #2000
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
just posted on the FB:

__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #2001
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Per
Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavo_dakar_bolivia View Post
You think you will be healed up by June/July? I ll wait for your leg to be healed up, I need a tour guide there!
Lets keep in touch....
I should be good by then. Its COLD in July

__________________
-
-
RIP Angelo Pandelidis aka Brodovich Team F5 leader and inventor of Brodomath.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #2002
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,327
http://abudhabidesertchallenge.com/c...0MOTO%20v1.pdf

ADDC - rider list promised 24 hrs ago (item 5 page 3/26) - 24 hrs on and nothing

Maybe waiting for Cyril?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #2003
ZequeArgentina
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
http://abudhabidesertchallenge.com/c...0MOTO%20v1.pdf

ADDC - rider list promised 24 hrs ago (item 5 page 3/26) - 24 hrs on and nothing

Maybe waiting for Cyril?
Entry list ONLY FOR CARS was just published.
No mention to Bike ad quads yet.
ZequeArgentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #2004
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina View Post
Entry list ONLY FOR CARS was just published.
No mention to Bike ad quads yet.

Itinerary up also http://abudhabidesertchallenge.com/2...Itinerary.aspx

We are getting close

Still waiting for Cyril?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #2005
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,327
Oh and yes - come on Sam & Helder - Team HRC
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #2006
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku
 
Dread Pendragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 2,178
Nothing we don't already know, but here's an announcement from Eitenne:















En Espanol:




__________________
- Mike -
WABDR
Mesquite Area Ride
Death Valley Ride

Dread Pendragon screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 08:08 AM
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #2007
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku
 
Dread Pendragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 2,178
And the new owner of the Hummers:

"Not content with doing big things in WRC 2, Yazeed Al-Rajhi has revealed plans to contest next years Dakar Rally and hes turned to event regular Robby Gordon for advice, not to mention a brace of Hummer H3s."





"Of his Dakar bid, Al-Rajhi said: Im not in the habit of losing my time or wasting my energy. My objective is to win the Dakar. Im fully aware that it is an ambitious objective, and that to be playing up front in the beginning will not be easy, but it is a project to be built on over the years. During the first year we will be there to learn. But I truly hope the clinch the laurels one day.

"Al-Rajhi will contest four cross-country events in 2013: the Hail Rally in Saudi Arabia, the Sealine Cross Country in Qatar, the Silk Way Rally in Russia and The Rally of Pharaohs in Egypt."

(read the entire article here)



And a couple of images from Planet Robby:







So then is it correct to assume that Gordon's comment at the end of the Dakar that he would be coming back to race in 2014 was an impulsive one, and that he won't be showing up with another type of vehicle?
__________________
- Mike -
WABDR
Mesquite Area Ride
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #2008
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Balkan
Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
"Of his Dakar bid, Al-Rajhi said: Im not in the habit of losing my time or wasting my energy. My objective is to win the Dakar. Im fully aware that it is an ambitious objective, and that to be playing up front in the beginning will not be easy, but it is a project to be built on over the years. During the first year we will be there to learn. But I truly hope the clinch the laurels one day.

So, shall we start taking bets on this.

Good habits are important, you know.
Balkan Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #2009
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
So, shall we start taking bets on this.

Good habits are important, you know.
Can do, but not seen too many Saudi's ride flat out for 2 weeks without crashing (2 hours would be a record) mind you at least he has someone to navigate, all the Hummer needs now is a third seat so someone else can drive also
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #2010
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
but not seen too many Saudi's ride flat out for 2 weeks without crashing (2 hours would be a record)
There are thousands of Saudi drifting videos on Youtube proving this statement.
__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014