ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #46
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 2,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpifko View Post
We'll have snacks and soft drinks, but nothing meal-grade (i.e. no steak, Vindaloo or bangers ;-) ). Beer/wine not provided, but it's okay to bring some if you so desire.

There's not a huge number of choices for eating near the clubhouse/shop. I ate at and enjoyed Basil Thai a few years ago, but haven't been there in some time: 1175 Folsom St between 7th and 8th - http://www.yelp.com/biz/basil-thai-r...-san-francisco or http://goo.gl/maps/303eN .

It's only a 12 minute walk/short bus ride from the Civic Center BART/MUNI station, so you'll have more options if you look for some place either near Market and 7th/8th/9th or along the final, walking leg.

NOTE for drivers - parking gets easier at 6 p.m.
Perfect! That's just the info we needed. The boys are quite excited to see/meet Lyndon.

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #47
dpifko OP
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 323
Getting the word out

Hi guys,

Ok, the chairs and snacks are happening. Looks like a reasonable crowd.

I have a favor to ask of anyone in the greater Bay Area on behalf of Pyndon. If you frequent a shop, club or group where the riders are into rallies, off-road riding or, of course, the Dakar, could you please be sure to let them know about this event? I'm sure Pyndon would appreciate the extra word-of-mouth.

Anyone can find out more about the event, or buy tix to save a spot, at this URL:

sfpyn.org

That works on mobile phones, too.

Thanks,

Daniel

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive

dpifko screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 02:38 PM
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #48
Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer: 1,313
got ticket. see you there
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #49
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Hi guys,

Ok, the chairs and snacks are happening. Looks like a reasonable crowd.

I have a favor to ask of anyone in the greater Bay Area on behalf of Pyndon. If you frequent a shop, club or group where the riders are into rallies, off-road riding or, of course, the Dakar, could you please be sure to let them know about this event? I'm sure Pyndon would appreciate it.
I don't know JACK up in the Bay Area, but does Scuderia/KTMtwins know?
FYI, I'm riding my KTM 950 up on Thursday from L.A. via dirt w/ campout at Los Gatos Creek if any takers?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #50
dpifko OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
I don't know JACK up in the Bay Area, but does Scuderia/KTMtwins know?
FYI, I'm riding my KTM 950 up on Thursday from L.A. via dirt w/ campout at Los Gatos Creek if any takers?
Yes. I was just over there today speaking to Don and a few people at the counter. I've also let Munroe and Werkstatt know about it.

Have a great trip up. I'm completely jealous .

Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #51
SFMCjohn

Oddometer: 809
Quote:
If you frequent a shop, club or group where the riders are into rallies, off-road riding or, of course, the Dakar, could you please be sure to let them know about this event?
Hi dpifko,

Erica from Piston & Chain just stopped by and dropped off a flyer for your Lyndon Poskitt event here at the SFMC, but she couldn't say if you wanted us to tell people not to show up if they didn't buy a ticket ahead of time ...?

I will tell people they should buy a ticket ahead of time ...

Just want to know how to handle the inevitable "can't I just show up" question.

Erica said to ask you ...

good luck with the event,
-- SFMCjohn
IBA#'98onaEX500
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #52
dpifko OP

Buy your ticket ahead, get a reserved seat

Hi John,

Yes, people can just come by on Friday, but we've just put in place a new incentive:

Buying your ticket ahead will get you a reserved seat.

The evening is going to run about 3 hours, so that's a nice little bonus. Depending on how many people come unannounced, there's a good chance we're going to run out of chairs. Hard to tell with a silent majority ;-).

The ticket site works well on iPhone and Android, if people want to get the tix while they're out and about. The easy to type link is:

sfpyn.org

Thanks for getting the word out. I hope your folks enjoy the show and the workspace.

Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMCjohn View Post
Hi dpifko,

Erica from Piston & Chain just stopped by and dropped off a flyer for your Lyndon Poskitt event here at the SFMC, but she couldn't say if you wanted us to tell people not to show up if they didn't buy a ticket ahead of time ...?

I will tell people they should buy a ticket ahead of time ...

Just want to know how to handle the inevitable "can't I just show up" question.

Erica said to ask you ...

good luck with the event,

-- SFMCjohn

Old 04-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #53
dpifko OP

Visit Pyndon, get 15% off at MX1West

Awesome news / update for the San Francisco presentation evening.

MX1West.com have agreed to help sponsor the evening and encourage attendance by offering a 15% discount on a single purchase on their site for all attendees of the San Francisco presentation. This discount will be active through May 5th. Codes will be provided by email or at the door.

This is awesome news if you were thinking about ordering some new product or items from them in the near future.

Huge thanks to Jason and Amy Powers from MX1West for offering this up. There will also be a raffle on the evening with around $1000 worth of stuff up for grabs so bring a few extra $$$ for raffle tickets.

See you there.....

Old 04-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #54
mrazekan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
I just bought my ticket last night but I wont be going. I got a call this morning and in the spirit of doing vs. watching, wish the our team luck, Mike Shaffer Motorsports @ HDRA 250.

I'm happy to straight donate my ticket, but as I'm currently unemployed, I understand what it is like to have to watch every dollar right now. If you were debating going to this event because of the cost, drop me a PM and tell me about the favorite bike you have owned and why. Since I don't know many people in the bay, I'll pick the best story and transfer the ticket to you.

dpifko,

Thanks for the hard work at getting this together. I definitely need to drop by on a Wednesday.

Have fun guys!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #55
dpifko OP

Well, geez, we're raising funds for Pyndon, not trying to squeeze every last penny out of every inmate .

Unless you want to use this situation as an opportunity to meet another inmate, you're welcome to give Brown Paper Tickets a ring and get a refund. They don't make that feature available to meeting organizers.

Details sent by PM.

For everyone else - come out to Pyndon's spiel. It's going to be really good. And with the MX1West coupon for 15% off for attendees, it's basically free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazekan View Post
I just bought my ticket last night but I wont be going. I got a call this morning and in the spirit of doing vs. watching, wish the our team luck, Mike Shaffer Motorsports @ HDRA 250.

I'm happy to straight donate my ticket, but as I'm currently unemployed, I understand what it is like to have to watch every dollar right now. If you were debating going to this event because of the cost, drop me a PM and tell me about the favorite bike you have owned and why. Since I don't know many people in the bay, I'll pick the best story and transfer the ticket to you.

dpifko,

Thanks for the hard work at getting this together. I definitely need to drop by on a Wednesday.

Have fun guys!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #56
mrazekan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:
Well, geez, we're raising funds for Pyndon, not trying to squeeze every last penny out of every inmate .

Unless you want to use this situation as an opportunity to meet another inmate, you're welcome to give Brown Paper Tickets a ring and get a refund. They don't make that feature available to meeting organizers.

Details sent by PM.

For everyone else - come out to Pyndon's spiel. It's going to be really good. And with the MX1West coupon for 15% off for attendees, it's basically free.

I guess I wasn't clear. I don't want money for the ticket. It is a gift for someone who may not go because of concerns over spending $20. Otherwise, I am not looking for a refund. My money goes to Pyndon regardless. This gives another inmate the opportunity to go if they wern't going to go due to the price of admission.

Make sense?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #57
dpifko OP

Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #58
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,178
Might I suggest "My Name Is" stickers for ADV names and real names.....
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #59
Sundog
boon

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Might I suggest "My Name Is" stickers for ADV names and real names.....

Then they will know I'm not a real dog on the InterWebs. And they swear nobody can tell!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #60
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,221
Finalizing last minute prep for the Pyn Rally...

With the suggestions of several extremely gracious and helpful inmates I've devised a 500 mile mostly dirt and broken pavement route up to this Pyn event leaving early Thursday morning from L.A. ( of course barring a last minute work emergency). I'll be attempting to do a live ride report on my trip. Unfortunately I'll have no Dakar Bivy following me nor is it Pack Mule worthy. But all the same it's in the spirit of Pyn and this crazy world of advriders. Prelog will be posted later today in day trippin. Look forward to seeing you all there (I'll be the old guy dressed in sod).