Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #5866
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Just had a major oh shit moment.....1/3 of the way through Assassins Creed Revelations and it freezes while saving

Then it wouldn't load my game at all and I was debating just giving up since I didn't want to redo that much of the game. But then I took one of the 2 save files and put it in the cloud and it works!!!! Well until 10 min later and it froze again, but not at a save point at least
Maybe try to change it up a bit. Redo an old mission you messed up. That could get the variables out of the danger zone.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #5867
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Maybe try to change it up a bit. Redo an old mission you messed up. That could get the variables out of the danger zone.
It started crashing right away again, deleted save file A (got a warning that everything might not be in save file B) and got the hell out of Constantinople as fast as I could and played an animus mission I had waiting. I go back in and do a master assassin mission that I hadn't tried before....it works for 5 min then crashes

Now it wont get out of the loading screen again, I saved the file that works to a USB key (post animus mission) so I'll try redoing an old mission again. If that doesn't work screw UBISoft and I'm glad I didn't pay for ACIII.

So if the older mission doesn't work any ideas?

Also I've been watching too much Archer lately, when I read Danger Zone all I could think of was this:

Edit.....and another freeze at a save point.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 11:25 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #5868
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,657
Ok. It's been six months since the last time I looked and decided that my old computer would have to get me by for a bit longer. Time to start shopping again. I'm still thinking about buying some geeks used gaming setup off craigslist, trying to keep costs in the less than $700 range. Anything in particular I should avoid or must have?

couple examples -

Quote:
1) amd phenom II X4 955 processor 3.21ghz

2) pny gtx 550 ti 1 gig ddr5

3) 1200 watt tough power thermaltake

4) 60 gig ssd

5) 1tb sata green drive

6) 8 gig ddr3 muskin gaming ram

7) asus motherboard
Quote:
17Inch dell LCD monitor
keyboard/ProHT mouse
ASRock P67 Pro 3 Motherboard
Intel I7 2600k Unlocked Processor 3.4Ghz
Corsair H100 Water cooler YOU CAN OVERCLOCK THE I7 WITH THIS
Corsair HX750w 750 watt professional modular power supply
G-SKILL 8 gigs of ram
XFX Radeon HD 6870 Double D edition (2 fans heat pipes etc. for cooling can overclock also)
Antec case
80Gig hard drive ( I understand it's small but I use an external for everything and hard drives are cheap so it shouldnt be a problem to add one)
Everything is set up with windows 7 it will be reformatted with nothing on it besides for the operating system when you buy it.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #5869
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Ok. It's been six months since the last time I looked and decided that my old computer would have to get me by for a bit longer. Time to start shopping again. I'm still thinking about buying some geeks used gaming setup off craigslist, trying to keep costs in the less than $700 range. Anything in particular I should avoid or must have?

couple examples -

Why the 1200 W power supply on the first one? Go a good bit Lower and then a GTX 660 or 660 Ti.

Also IIRC green drives are 5,400 RPM so don't go for that. Maybe a little more SSD, and I know this is your AMD box but I'm kinda clueless on their CPU's but I can tell you a i5 quad core is all you need. My Xeon from 2010 is having no problem with games....it seems today a mid range CPU is fine and the GPU will be the big performance gain.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #5870
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post

couple examples -

Your intel quote is off target. Core i5 is the CPU you want for a budget system(or even i3 if you're sqeezing quarters). Also, the SSD should be 120~240GB. The 120s are actually cheaper per GB than the 80s and you'll want the space. Ditch the 17" monitor and go 20~24", easily grep'd for under $200. Also ditch that motherboard; absolutely no reason not to have SATA6 support if you're going to use SSD for your OS drive.

If this is just going to be a gaming rig, wait a little longer and put some more power into it. If it has to be your main PC then ditch the water cooling and overclocking. In every case I can think of, it's cheaper to buy the power you need, stock, than to add it in the aftermarket and more reliable to boot.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #5871
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
Try as I might, I cannot get into Skyrim. I tried it as a loan form the liberry, but after buying acopy, I find it tedious beyond all belief. I think it is the whole Renaissance Faire/ D&D thing. Please, Bethesda, can we haz Fallout 4?

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #5872
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,657
Quote:
Why the 1200 W power supply on the first one? Go a good bit Lower and then a GTX 660 or 660 Ti.

Also IIRC green drives are 5,400 RPM so don't go for that. Maybe a little more SSD, and I know this is your AMD box but I'm kinda clueless on their CPU's but I can tell you a i5 quad core is all you need. My Xeon from 2010 is having no problem with games....it seems today a mid range CPU is fine and the GPU will be the big performance gain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
Your intel quote is off target. Core i5 is the CPU you want for a budget system(or even i3 if you're sqeezing quarters). Also, the SSD should be 120~240GB. The 120s are actually cheaper per GB than the 80s and you'll want the space. Ditch the 17" monitor and go 20~24", easily grep'd for under $200. Also ditch that motherboard; absolutely no reason not to have SATA6 support if you're going to use SSD for your OS drive.

If this is just going to be a gaming rig, wait a little longer and put some more power into it. If it has to be your main PC then ditch the water cooling and overclocking. In every case I can think of, it's cheaper to buy the power you need, stock, than to add it in the aftermarket and more reliable to boot.
That's just two example of what I'm seeing on craigslist in my price range. I understand the guys reasoning on the 80gb hard drive, as my current computer only has 40gb, and I have an external 1tb hard drive, which I still haven't found a need for.
Would I be better off ordering a new one from one of the places that builds them to your specs, or is it really that easy to buy the components and putting them together myself? I'm lost on this, I've always bought the cheapest system on closeout at microcenter in the past, and manage to run them for 5-8 years. Of course, I never have used them for more than email, and web surfing. Heck, this one can't even play you tube videos without serious lockup time, and just about any web site that has stuff that auto loads and plays has to be avoided unless I want to sit here and look at the hourglass thingy spin for five minutes.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #5873
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Old 03-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #5874
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,835
Quote:

Yeah, I may have to upgrade my computer for that one

Wasn't BF3 "made for" the PC then ported to XBox and PS3? If so, I hope they do that for this one as well. I know xbox and PS numbers blow away PC gamers now, but man that gameplay looks good!
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #5875
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Yeah, I may have to upgrade my computer for that one

Wasn't BF3 "made for" the PC then ported to XBox and PS3? If so, I hope they do that for this one as well. I know xbox and PS numbers blow away PC gamers now, but man that gameplay looks good!
It has to be....there's no way the XBox can do those graphics. I know my GTX 660 is at the edge of being able to properly run BF3 so I'm hoping I wont lose much of that with BF4.

I just wish they would do Steam....now I'm going to have Steam, Desura, UPlay, and Origin on any PC. But looking around Origin does do sales so I think I'll pick up BF4 on Black Friday online. I did that for Borderlands 2 on XBox 360 and you wait 2 months and get the game for half off.

There will be PS3/360 versions for sure but the next generation systems will also be out around then and they will likely be able to provide the equivalent of maxed out PC graphics @ 1080P. There's less overhead with a console and they can optimize it for a specific GPU which helps...and is why decade old technology in the 360 is just starting to really show its age in the last year or 2.

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 08:50 AM
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #5876
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,939
Holy shitballs.

That's puuuurty.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #5877
Keyser Soze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Picked up Bioshock Infinite. Have only played 5 minutes of it, but so far it's pretty clean Very colorful like the others. Can't wait to play some more.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #5878
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Oddometer: 5,472
Quote:

Yea, I know what you mean.

I'll be adding that one to my game library when it's released.

http://va16.smugmug.com/

thumperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #5879
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Oddometer: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
Holy shitballs.

That's puuuurty.
And now I know where you got the video.

http://va16.smugmug.com/

thumperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #5880
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
Holy shitballs.

That's puuuurty.

I don't care how pretty it is. After the steaming pile of crap that was the Sim City release, can we really trust EA to do BF4 right? I don't.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: