Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #526
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer: 353
Laugh RIDING WITH BEAR "Stovepipe" USHUAIA TO PUERTO NATALES

DAY-489-491
3/9-11/2013

THIS WAS THE START OF THE DAY WHILE HEADING TO THE PISSER...
We will call this morning.. a shit show and I don’t know how to ride with others.. kind of morning.. hahahaha

We got on the road we needed to do two things.. fill up gas and send postcards for Bear… We pulled into the first gas station to a massive line so we decided to go up the road a bit to the other.. I took off and went 5 blocks to the other one.. sweet no line.. Filled up.. crap.. No Bear.. where did he go?? I headed back to the other station just in time to see him riding the other way.. But I was stuck going the other way.. so finally rode a side walk and got onto the street I saw him on. Long story short after wasting 45 mintues riding in circles looking for him.. I headed out of town.. maybe he was waiting at the Ushuaia sign.. got there but no Bear asked at the Cop shop if they saw a solo biker they said yes he past 10 mintues ago.. screw it and I headed on.. Worst case scenario I will meet him at the board in 300km… After 30 minutes I caught up to him.. nope not him a chick from Cali on the same color KLR.. I stopped to add oil and what do you know he pulled up behind me. Both laughing saying were not good at riding with others.. haha and off we went..
If you don't know who Bear (stovepipe) is I met him in Santiago when I met Fritz (PorkandBeans) when they shipped their bikes down a few months ago, he also has ridden with Bryce (Ulysses) to Ushuaia... He is a NASA Astro Engineer.. With in the first hour of hanging out in Ushuaia I told him no bigger words then two syllables.. hahahaha

THIS ONE'S FOR BEAR.. HAHAHA

It was so cold all the mountains were topped with fresh snow.. We knew we would not make the ferry to Puenta Arenas, so for some crazy ass reason.. I will take blame for some reason enjoying the long shred days.. We got to the quick ferry just as they were unloading, we loaded and waited.. Once again we were not charged.. two free ferries.. sweet!!! We shredded the long way around into the night and rain 750ish km’s to Puenta Arenas…..We arrived cold, tired, hungry, and needed a beer bad.. We accidentally ended up at the “moto” hostel free parking with 4 other riders already there.. We were not how do I say it nicely "looking to do the whole where u been spiel at the moment".. so… we dropped the bikes and left to find food.. we found steak and Cerviche.. awesome and yup beer beer beer..
Sunday, well everything was closed and we slept till noon a solid 12 hours of well needed sleep. We took it easy I cooked all day just enjoying cooking up some good grub from cheesy, spicy, chicken sandwiches.. Dinner I made some steak Pasta which was awesome as well. A Canadian joined us and as he was eating he said that was the best meal he had eaten in South America I laughed said thanks but that wasn’t really a compliment.. He looked at me and then I said have you tried the food down her.. and we all got a good laugh.. (Just kidding I have found awesome good.. but it is usually the steaks..)

UGH...YEAH..BEAR..WHAT YA DOING OVER THERE WITH THAT POLE.HAHA

We ran around Monday and bought oil… (Duty Free less then half price.. so I got alot....)ugh lots and lots of oil hahahaha some funny looks when you push this shopping cart through the duty free shop…

WHAT THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU BUY WHEN YOUR PLANNING ON DOING 3,600 KM'S.... HAHAHAHA FUCK...

YUP TWO JERRY CAN'S FULL OF OIL.. SHITBALLSHAHA

Bear grabbed a Tire and I grabbed some shoes to hike in because well my shoes were dead….

We loaded up and headed north to Puerto Natales to get our “W” Trek on in Torres Del Paine, Chile. We divided up the mutual gear and went shopping for food.

BEAR

THE "W" TREK WRITE UP IS COMING NEXT.. THANKS FOR SHARING THE RIDE WITH ME... LATERS

crestedbutte-rtw screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 05:54 PM
crestedbutte-rtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #527
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Thanks boys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Good luck with that. Been awhile since CB days of doing that i'm sure.
Been a very ,ong time since I had CB legs, but we made it.. pretty swollen knees at the end but made it with a smile on my face and super stoked... Stories to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Where is your split board to shred? Good luck man. be safe. Great pics as always!
There were tons of badass big boy lines out there FOR SURE!!!!! That place would be a Splitboard mecca.. and I only wish I had it.. I hate hiking down.. what a waste of energy.. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
You might be cursing that bottle yet. Pack as light as you can.
Would not have made it with out my Whiskey and a few beers.. hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolito View Post
45 miles, damn!
I was in that area a few days ago... be ready to be wet and freakin' cold
We were super lucky all 5 days we had perfect BLUE SKIES.. a little cold at night but no rain or wind.. very very Rare from my understanding..
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #528
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh W-trek.....

DAY-492-493
3/12-13/2013
Starting the “W” Hike in Torres Del Paine, Chile:

Alright.. we have to do this with what we got so using my small backpack we packed all of our gear and threw the packs on the bikes and headed out.. It was such a nice ride I am glad we rode out instead of taking the bus.. Just enjoying it so much, we got into the park and made our way to the ferry.. The road was awesome nice dirt road with incredible views as we closed in on true Patagonia!!

SHREDDING IN

BEAR "STOVEPIPE" SHREDDING HIS WAY THROUGH THE PARK

MESSING AROUND WITH MY STICKERS.. HAHA

To our dismay there was not a ferry until 6pm, so we went for a hike, got a great view of what we were in for (I almost ran for the bike and took off) hahahaha.

THATS WHERE WE WILL BE HIKING FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS OR SO..

DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

We parked our bike sin the parking lot and the owner of the refugee came over saying don’t park there winds are gnarly and will blow the bikes over.. So he let us stash them next to the building, so that was rad.

ON THE FERRY

INCREDIBLE VIEWS ON OUR WAY TO OUR CAMP SPOT

We caught the ferry over and set up our tent right away, this was not a free area so we had to pay 9 bucks to camp and use the facility; and they had beer bonus!!!

VIEWS FROM MY TENT....FIRST NIGHT

Woke up and left our tent up, all of our gear, and headed up to the Glacier it is about 11km’s each way. Some people just go one way camp and then come back down, we decided to do it round trip in one day. We raged up the first part (within the first 1km’s my calves were killing and I knew this was going to be a hard few days for this fat kid..). We made it to the first look out.

THE FIRST LOOK OUT

BEAR LOOKING LIKE I PHOTOSHOPED HIM IN.. HAHAHA

BADASS NINJA SPOTTED IN PATAGONIA... HAHA

SICK VIEWS

WE DON'T LOOK OUT OF PLACE AT ALL...........
From there you start dropping down toward the glacier all the time you know your going to have to hoof it back up this to get back to camp. We made it to the Glacier with some sweat and had lunch checking it out and just taking it in. We worked our butts off getting back up to the look out again and then back to camp.

BEAR YELLED AT ME FOR WALKING TWO UP ON THIS SOLID BRIDGE.HAHA

LUNCH SPOT

BLUE ICE

FRESH ICE ANYONE

AWESOME VIEWS ALL DAY!!!!! SUCH AN AMAZING HIKE!!

When we finally got back Bear starts doing Yoga and I literally pass out cold face first in the dirt next too our tent. I can only imagine how funny it looked with Bear doing Yoga and a fat bearded dude past out face first in the dirt…. Hahahaha
That night we were very tiredly made dinner and met a really cool Canadian couple. We had a few beers, water, food, and then passed out by nine… Hahaha
Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #529
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedbutte-rtw View Post
There were tons of badass big boy lines out there FOR SURE!!!!! That place would be a Splitboard mecca.. and I only wish I had it.. I hate hiking down.. what a waste of energy.. hahaha
NOTED! I'll be figuring something out for when i make it down there.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #530
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Wicked Hiking to the francis mirador

DAY-494
3/14/2013
Alright big day, we got up drank coffee and packed our crap up and was off.. the first section was pretty moderate with a few up and downs; but mainly flat hiking.. we kicked through it fast until we made it to free campground Italiano, set up camp…

It was freezing there in the shade.. no sun and it was noon.. Crap it is going to be a cold morning.. Left our gear and headed up to the Francis Mirador which was straight up climb.. Hahaha We climbed our way up to the first mirador which was amazing and you could see a massive glacier just sitting right in front of you.. all I could do is look for some good snowboarding lines off the top.. haha (of course with more snow, but hey a guy can dream) haha We climb into the basin and it was too good of picture opt not to take my mooning picture for my nephews..
Yeah so side story I take mooning shots all over on this trip and send them to my punk nephews (I have six of them 1-8 years old) hahah we huffed and puffed (when I say we I mean me…) We finally made it to the last Mirador and HOLY BALLS!!! WAS IT AMAZING.. Your in this basin and your just surrounded by massive walls of mountains everywhere around you so so amazing.. One of the best views of my trip thus far.. (I LOVE AND MISS MY COLORAOD MOUNTAINS) We sat at the top for about thirty minutes or so and started down.. It is funny on the way down we were laughing because we did not remember a lot of the climb up.. it was really steep and long.. our brains had already deleted the climb from our memory…. Hahahhaa
Got back to camp hung out with some new friends and made dinner while we had some good old whiskey.. actually horrible cheap Argentina Whiskey but hey it gets the job done.. My knee were killing (I tore my MCL a few years back) I ate some IB and was good to go.. we past out at 9PM.. dead to the world…

WERE JUST GOING TO THROW A WHOLE BUNCH OF PICS UP FROM TODAYS HIKE... HOPE U ENJOY...

HAHAHA WHERESFLETCH??

More to come.. slowly.. internet is slow (but at least there is some here) here on the Austral in Southern Patagonia.. Chile.. Making my way to Santiago...
Old 03-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #531
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,738
awesome!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #532
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Sick.

Those pictures are epic.

South America is beautiful when the pictures aren't polluted by a KLR.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #533
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Sorry for the long pauses.

Will try and bang out alot of posts here tonight or tomorrow.. not much internet down here on the Austral and the riding is so good I have been getting me sum and then sum!!!
Fletch
Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #534
Hessian42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
stoked to see your updates dude. I totally gave up on mine. Photography def. getting better! I'm back on the road writing this from Gavin's place in Santa cruz. tks for the hookup!

can't wait to get down south

http://hessianforpatagonia.blogspot.com/

Hessian42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #535
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh No internet makes catching and keeping up hard.. sorry guys haha

Day-495
3/15/2013
This was a gnarly day.
We woke up sore from the past two days of hiking big and packed our gear and headed out. We over slept.. we wanted to be heading out by 9 and did not wake up until 9 we had slept for 12 hours Hahaha we got out by 9:30 or so..

With all our gear we pushed hard to get to where the free camping was.. We took a “shortcut” which not too sure about cuz it was straight up for a couple of hours the sun was crushing us.. But I was glad I was not the only one dying Bear was hurting to and we saw a couple of couples dying alongside the trail.. so I was just glad I was not the only one hurting hahahahha

DYING!!!

THESE SIGNS ARE POSTED ALL OVER NOW SINCE THE PARK WAS BURNT BADLY ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO FROM A HIKER BURNING HIS TOILET PAPER IN THE WINDIEST PLACE EVER.. SMART GUYS..

WIND IS INTENSE HERE, IF IT CAN DO THIS TO TREES

TWISTED TRUNKS

SLOWLY HIKING UP

We got to the last Refugee, still about 1.5 hours from the free camping. We slammed a pricey but delicious beer and kept raging… head down.. sweating.. and made it before dark.. It was supposed to take 9 hours and we slammed it out in less than 7hrs so we where super stoked.
We met a ton of nice people and hung out finishing off our whiskey and the rest of our food..we were out of food.. Hahaha perfect amount..

DAY496
3/16/2013
Woke up at 5:45am by another camper with an alarm.. We woke up to “Hey America!!” hahahaha so we left our gear up grabbed our small bags and water and started raging... So imagine this scenario... your body is tired, all your muscles are locked up, and ur just exhausted.. and it is straight up for 1hr.. So everyone is hiking with headlamps and all I can see is 5-7 little lights ahead of me but they just keep going up and up and up and up. “oh son of a bitch” I am truly pushing myself as hard as I can.. I have not put my body through this kind of constant 4 days of exhaustion over and over.. In a very very long time..

Bear steamed forward and I huffed and puffed my way up, got to the top area and it was still pitch black. So I had to search for Bear. I found him and sat with him on a big ol’ rock waiting for the sun to color up the rocks. We sat peacefully waiting on the sun. I started messing with open shutter shots and my camera died. Oh shitballs.. Hahaha

I was bummed since I did not have my other battery.. oh well..This was amazing.. All of a sudden a loud talkative group of Germans sat near us yelling to another group across the valley. Finally they shut it and we just sat taking pictures. I reached into my snack bag to grab Breakfast and what do ya know my extra battery was in my food bag?? Weird not sure why it was there but oh well... I slammed it in and took a bunch more shots before we headed down to break camp and hike out.

ME AND PAPA

As we did we past a lot of “Gore-Tex” Warriors... Hahaha Meaning 1 week holiday traveler wearing brand new Gore-Tex Hiking gear who slept in a sicK hundred dollar Hotel before they hiked up to check out the scene.. Which really doesn’t matter at least they are out here seeing something different then their home country. I just like the term Gore-Tex Warriors makes me laugh.

ON OUR WAY OUT
We found out that there were no buses till 2pm to get us to our bikes. It was 11am... so we sat and had a great conversation with a few other hikers we had met over the past few days. Of dyeing... shit I mean hiking.
We finally made it to the entrance of the park and needed to catch the “2:30” Bus I say it like that cuz well we got there and there was no bus not till 4:30pm. So I tried hitch hiking as Bear laid past out. We were out of food and were exhausted... finally we talked a small van into taking us who worked for the park but it was not cheaop at all... it was about 20kms and he charged us 20 bucks each.. shitty but it was better than just sitting in the sun and that would mean not getting back to Puerto Natales until 8pm or so and we wanted to meet friends and the pub at 7.. So we got there loaded up the bikes and headed out of the park... I think we were both pretty dang tired from all the hiking and we took our time... we got out to the pavement the last 60km’s till town and when I pulled up I was a bit behind because I stopped to make sure another moto guy on a Weestrom was alright with a flight but he was already done and ready to go.. When I met with Bear he asked please tell me u grabbed your tent poles which fell off of bear’s bike. Shit no.. We asked a car behind us they saw them 40km’s back or so.. so we raged back.. no luck.. Now it is getting late, so Bear said somebody picked them up lets go and I will find you know poles tomorrow or if it comes to it will buy u a new tent to make it the rest of your trip...
We dropped our bikes took quick quick showers and ran to the pub we were about an hour late… They were all there but at different tables nobody had seen each other. Haha so we all sat and got straight plastered drunk. So many beers then some shots for one girl’s birthday. We stumbled home around 1am... exhausted since we been up since the wee hours of the morning.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #536
RoninMoto
Wanderer

so sick. keep shredding. we keep watching.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #537
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Thanks for the support boys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
awesome!
Quote:
Those pictures are epic.

South America is beautiful when the pictures aren't polluted by a KLR.
Quote:
so sick. keep shredding. we keep watching.
Thanks for following homies, lots more to come!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #538
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Riding with bear, the famous 40, glaciers, and beer, oh boy!!!

WARNING THIS POST IS LONG.. BUT WAY TO MANY GOOD STORIES TO SKIP..

DAY-497-498
3/17-18/2012
We took a well needed rest day and worked on tons of pictures at a pizza joint and drank some beer for the day passing out early.
We walked around looking for poles with no luck so Bear taking responsibility to losing my poles, bought me a new tent. We looked for a descent light small ten t and now I have a North Face Flint 1 (one man small 3lb tent” it will work for now.. may change up to something a bit larger for all my gear but we will see how it works never had a small one man tent.

SUNSET AFTER ONE HUNGOVER DAY...

COOL ART ALONG THE WATER

BEST FOOD AD EVER, AND IT WAS ON A FOOD BUS ON BLOCKS..
HAHAHAHHAHA COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING

Alright let’s go deal with the Argentina border I said sarcastically. Bear looked at me and asked what’s up? I laughed and said I always have trouble and headaches with the Argentina border they always make it so much difficult than it needs to be.

We arrived checked out of Chile and then headed over to the Argentina side; the lady working was very very slow at her job. I could have done it quicker... haha She then was so confused that on my CO title do not have my Plate on it, but it is on my Regerstration which I always give both to them. I tried to explain that is normal for Colorado we do not put a plate on the title you only get a new plate and number when u reregister it after you buy it.. She was asking another officer he was concerned that I was trying to pull a fast one I was being calm and explaining them that is how my state does it. Finally after 5 minutes of them kicking around I raised my voice that got their attention quickly... Look like I said before look at the VIN it is the same VIN same bike that’s my Plate number here. this is my owner paper there.. The guy then was like oh oh so it’s the same? Sounds good have a great day. Hahaha looked at the lady as if hey what’s the problem print it out for him. I then walked outside. Bear who has a CA Title with everything on the title; plate and VIN. Still was in there for 20 minutes trying to basically teach this lady the process. Hahaha By now even when I finished there was a huge line behind us. They opened another window and got all the locals through while Bear was stuck dealing with this lady. We finally ready to go and we just laughed I told u the Argentina borders are the worse. Such an unnecessary headache hoops they make u jump through that nobody else does. Haha

We came to a junction, either stay paved and loop around or get onto the the 40 with dirt.. We stopped at the gas station for a drink, picture, and sticker tagging...

NICK'S STICKER.. (I rode with Nick a few times over the past 1.5 years)

We headed off onto the famous 40.. which is sadly sadly mostly paved now adays.. I have met other riders and was warned by a BMW tour Guide to be really careful and he made sure that I knew how to
Ride in dirt…. He was telling us it was super big rocks and he just had two riders break their ankles a few days ago… So that made me super excited to ride the 40.. well it wasn’t like that at all.. it was like Colorado lumber roads with out a massive amount of rocks like back home is.. But is still alot of fun.. Not a soul on it just me and dang ol Bear and we shredded fast through it..There was no one and nothing to see to the right, left, ahead, or behind.. all to ourselves.. heaven.. We pulled back onto the paved part and took a few pictures here and there..

BEAR SHREDDING THE 40

We Past a guy walking down the road with a jogger cart made out of metal. Okay I am interested I gotta ask.. so I flipped around leaving Bear and headed back. We started talking he was from Wyoming and have been walking from Oregon for the past 8 YEARS!!!!! Holy crap wait for real.. He made it to Mexico where he worked for over a year on a farm they could not pay him so they gave him a donkey.. Well he didn’t want to go home so he and his Donkey started walking south.. All of Central America, caught a freight shipper to Colombia was not allowed in due to not correct paper work for his Donkey so he went to Venezuela .. where they were robbed by pirates and finally made it to South America, walked all South America going down the west coast first across Bolivia and finally into Brazil where he walked all the way North through the Amazon.. on his way back to Argentina his donkey one year ago now got bit by a snake and killed with in a few minutes.. he was very sad about his donkey.. but he pushed on and made his way through Argentina and when in Santiago made his cart and started walking south to the end of the world.. to Ushuaia.. We met him about 1000km’s away and he was guessing it would take a month or so.. and then he was done he said he was going home.. He never planned to walk for so long or even walk but it just happened and he had been loving it but was ready to finish it up.. He said he was glad I stopped because nobody stops anymore, they use to stop all the time when he was a white kid walking with a donkey.. Hahaha at this point Bear had joined us and we hung out talking for a bit..

A FEW BIKERS JOINED US..
We left after 30 minutes or so of chatting and made our way North. Awesome ride in with great lighting and clouds..

We made our way into Calafete and found a cheap hostel to crash in since now I only have a one man tent and Bears Bivy sack is not waterproof. Haha so we made dinner and hung out for the evening.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #539
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Glacier moreno

DAY-499
3/19/2013
We rode out to the Glacier Moreno, as we entered the park we had a nice surprise. They wanted 130 Peso’s shit that’s 30 bucks or so. That’s a lot. After a little bartering we ended up paying….. 30 bucks hahahaha we went in it was grey over cast with a bit of mist/rain. The road in was paved but so twisty and fun we rallied the crap out of her. We did the whole walk up and got our pics while listening to the sounds of the glacier crashing into the water. I had been told this was the greatest thing some travelers had ever seen in their life. Now don’t get me wrong it was amazing, just massive. So awesome but I would not say it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen especially on this trip. But it was awesome to see and glad we did. We got back to town and I cooked up a weird beef, potato, stew, concoction. That was actually really good and shared it with a Brit chick who is riding her bicycle around the world.

[/IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd467/wheres-fletch/Argentine/shreddingwithbearpuertonattochilechico43of87.jpg

LOTS OF GLACIER SHOTS, BUT IT WAS PRETTY DAMN COOL TO SEE AND HEAR IT..

BRAZILIAN RALLY...

JUST HANGING OUT WITH ME WHILE I HAVE SOME COFFEE
Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #540
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Laugh Riding the 40 north

DAY-501
3/20/2013
We made it Chalten and found a nice hostel.

Sitting out front was a KLR from Idaho, we met the owner Kevin a nice dude who sold his business and house and just went for a ride.. Both his kids are in College and now he has the time so why not. We went out for beer and food.
So this next story I have never acted like this or felt better than someone else just because I decided to live this life style.. But this guy deserved it he was an ass.. so here is the story..
A week or so ago when we were in Torres Del Paine before starting the trek we were taking a break inside the park and a guy walked up. Ask our story and where we had come from and so on.. He was giving us crap because our bikes looked a little beat up I just laughed it off and ignored him. He then asked how many miles I had ridden I told him around 25,000miles he looked at me and told me that was not much at all… Um okay thanks for that “dickhead” at this point I am done talking to this guy, and don’t want to be a dick so I just start my bike and head off. He heads to his rental car to head back out of the park to his hotel. Now fast forward to tonight at the pub, I am sitting with Kevin, Bear was taking a piss. When this guy walks up behind me and says oh I thought I saw your pieces of rusty crap come into town.. “Shit I know that voice turned around and it was the same Canadian dude form the park.. Kevin looked at me like who is this joker, the guy thought he was Bear.. I told him this was a different guy not Bear he was in the pisser but was also on a KLR. He looked at the guy and asked if his bike was a oil burning piece of crap like mine..
Okay I am over this guy, I looked right at him “So how did you get to South America? Oh by Airplane.. Cool SHUT IT!!!!!” hahahahhaa Kevin and Bear started laughing I turned around and kept drinking my beer he quietly laughed and walked back to his table and let us be for the night.

DAY-502
3/21/2012
Bear went for a hike my knees were killing me specially my beat up left one so I took it easy, it was a gnarly heavy heavy windy day. Kevin decided to stay an extra day due to the weather and so he could ride with us tomorrow. We hung out that night drinking and eating some pretty good grub (the grocery store had nothing to offer so we did our best with can food and spices).

DAY-503
3/22/2013
The ride out was incredible getting back to the 40, the way in two days ago was rainy and cloudy so you could not see much.. But now it was incredible you could see so much it was a true blue bird day. I could not stop stopping and taking a bunch of pics.

KEVIN AND BEAR SHREDDING WITH THE FITZ IN THE BACKGROUND\
We got to the 40 and it soon turned to good ol’ dirt and for most of the day we got to ride dirt.
[IMG] KEVIN SHREDDING THE 40 [/IMG]

There was a section about a 100km’s with dirt road and next to it was the new paved highway getting finished up, we could of gotten on it many times and road but we opted to shred the last of the 40 while it was till dirt. So cool to have this chance a few more years and it will be all paved which will suck a lot. The road was interesting the only difficult/ sketchy part is that there was long sections of hard packed dirt, where the tire tracks were and then the rest was 6-8 inch tall strips of gnarly soft gravel that if you touched it would give you crazy tank slap at 70mph haha.. I got it twice and almost ate *&%$ but instead saved it and just crapped my pants instead Hahaha.. We all kept it up right and slayed it all day.. my bike started acting up sputtering and stalling when I let off the gas.. We were guessing it was a fuel issue something to do with the carb.. It would only stutter and act up at low revs less then 4k then it started doing it anything less the 5k by the end of the day when were were about 30km’s outside of a small town where we hoped to find a place to sleep.. it was doing it for all revs and just riding horrible..

We pressed on found a place in town that was kind of cheap and we could all three cram into a three bedroom and call it good.. The young kid was nice the owner(dad) was a grumpy dick to us considering he had a empty hotel and we were not even trying to get a deal.. So we saw the room and then thye locked it up even after we said we would take it.. Bear wen tot get the key and we unpacked our bikes, he came out saying we had to go all sign in and pay the guy or else he would not let us into the room until we all payed.. haha so we did and got in, went and found food and then watched a soccer game and drank a few pitchers before we past out form an epic day.. If you get the chance to Ride with Kevin or Bear do it, they both are rad dudes to ride with.