Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #601
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
I'm not really a Vettel fan or a Webber fan.
I'm a Raikkonen fan above all.
"Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."
" I was having a shit."
isnt he the only NASCAR craftsman truck series driver to win a F1 race
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #602
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Oddometer: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
isnt he the only NASCAR craftsman truck series driver to win a F1 race
Jacques Villeneuve won the indy 500 and an indy championship as well as his WDC in F1. He also raced the trucks I believe, but that did not go well...

Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #603
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post

me too (but everyone here know that)
Win or lose Kimi is ALWAYS interesting.

His navigation at Interlagos last year was epic.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #604
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,230
pretty good gallery from the Malaysian GP

LINK

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #605
okiegtrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:

LINK
Those are some nice photos. But they got some guys name in the middle of every one of them
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #606
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 75,796
Quote:

LINK
Good photog.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #607
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 75,796
We got about 250 posts out of that. It surfaced people who never post in F1 threads. Nice to see them. Thank you, Sebastian.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #608
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
We got about 250 posts out of that. It surfaced people who never post in F1 threads. Nice to see them. Thank you, Sebastian.
that's what I was thinking....

so Seb has gone to Milton Keynes & apologized to the whole team
I guess that was the only way for Horner to save face, and maintain the illusion of "team boss".
Quote:
Vettel apologizes to Red Bull staff

March 28, 2013

Sebastian Vettel has apologized in person to Red Bull staff for ignoring team orders at the Malaysian Grand Prix.
The German traveled to the team's Milton Keynes, UK factory earlier this week for preparation work for the next race in China, but also used the opportunity to try and draw a line under the events in Sepang. Team principal Christian Horner has revealed Vettel said sorry to team personnel for what happened, and vowed that he would never repeat such actions again.
In an interview with Sky Sports News that was broadcast on Thursday, Horner revealed: "He's said he can't turn back the clock but he's accepted what he did was wrong. He's apologised to the team and to every single member of staff for his actions, because he recognises the team is vitally important and being part of the team is a crucial aspect to being able to challenge for those championships."
Vettel had already apologized to teammate Webber for ignoring orders to hold position in the closing stages of last weekend's race. Webber was furious at what had happened, gesticulating to Vettel in the car and then angrily swerving towards him after the pair crossed the finish line.
Although there has been speculation that the incident could be the catalyst for a parting of ways between Webber and Red Bull at the end of the season, Horner said he was hopeful his Australian driver understood the team had not done anything to try and hurt his victory ambitions.
"It was the intent of the team that Mark should win that race," he said. "He's big enough to know that there was no malice, no intent from the team to create any situation like that.
"He's in a car that's capable of winning grands prix and hopefully going for a championship so I've got no doubt that Mark will see out the season with us."

Red Bull is eager to move on from the events in Malaysia, and issued a statement earlier this week stating that it would sort out the matter behind closed doors.
The energy drink's motorsports adviser, Helmut Marko, who is known to favor Vettel, said this week that as far as he was concerned the matter was closed after the World Champion and Webber shook hands in Malaysia on Sunday night.
"They don't have to be completely on the same page, but it must be a solid working partnership," he said. "Sebastian apologized in the press conference and I think that was the first correct step to make.
"There was a debrief afterward with the relevant discussions about the race and then there was a handshake between the two drivers. For us now the issue is settled."

This article originally appeared in Autosport.com

Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #609
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

for the US fans
Quote:
Rossi to replace van der Garde in Bahrain practice

Luke Smith
Mar 28, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT

Leave a comment

Getty Images Caterham reserve driver Alexander Rossi will get another taste of Grand Prix weekend running at the Bahrain Grand Prix, where he will replace Giedo van der Garde during Free Practice 1.
Rossi became the first American driver to compete during a race weekend since Scott Speed in 2007 at last years Spanish Grand Prix, and having been retained by the team for 2013, he will get another chance to impress in Bahrain.
It was also confirmed today that Rossis fellow test driver, Ma Qing Hua, will deputize for Charles Pic at the Chinese Grand Prix, which will undoubtedly act as an extra draw for Huas home crowd in Shanghai.
Although van der Garde was not pleased to be losing the practice session in Bahrain, he told GP Update that he was contractually obliged to make way for Rossi.
I would have rather be driving these sessions myself and get as much track time as possible, van der Garde said. But this is in the contract and Im sure it will be good experience for these guys.
van der Garde also reflected on his own test driver duties for Caterham, believing his Friday running went a long way to securing him the seat with the team.
I had that same role with the team last year and because of the work I did then, I earned this race seat.
This will present a good opportunity for both Hua and Rossi, and as the American F1 market continues to grow, the latter may become a hotly sought-after driver should a seat become vacant.
With both Pic and van der Garde making way so early in the season, it will only fuel rumors that Caterham could be set to drop one of their drivers. Heikki Kovalainen, who drove for the team between 2010 and 2012, was a guest of the team in Malaysia, and sources in the paddock believe that the team could bring the Finnish driver back following a lackluster start to the 2013 season.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #610
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Team orders is not "just a term." It's a contractual obligation, printed on paper and signed by Sebastian Vettel. He is in breach of contract. If they wished, they could fire him.
That is what all the other teams wish for!?!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #611
overlandr
Dystopist

Oddometer: 5,838
Quote:
that's what I was thinking....

so Seb has gone to Milton Keynes & apologized to the whole team
I guess that was the only way for Horner to save face, and maintain the illusion of "team boss".
Apologies are polite and courteous - but the damn points elephant is still in the room! They're obviously just testing the water with the media/fans response and they are lucky to have a fortnight left to do it. I say stand him down 1 race.
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #612
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meek Minded, Christian Horner
Christian Horner says Sebastian Vettel’s defiance of team orders during the Malaysian Grand Prix showed he has the competitive instincts of the F1 elite.

“He’s a very, very driven individual,” said Horner in an interview with Sky. “You don’t win the amount of events he’s won, the amount of grands prix he’s won, the amount of success he’s had in his career by being a driver that is submissive, that sits back.”

“If Fernando Alonso or Lewis Hamilton had been in that position they’d have done the same, if Mark Webber had been in that position we’ve seen him do the same. So let’s not kid ourselves that this is something unique to Sebastian, this is something that’s in any competitive, driven driver’s DNA.”
Link

What a dishrag statement by Horner. He essentially gives Vettel the pass that Webber said he would get, green lights disobeying team orders where they conflict with driver's best interests, and undermines his own management in the team. While he may be right in that their highly competitive nature can cloud their team thinking, what a poor management statement to make.

There you go Mark Webber, your team manager is essentially calling you a submissive douche bag for not having turned the wick back up and fought back to pass Vettel for the remaining laps.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #613
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horner
. . . if Mark Webber had been in that position weve seen him do the same.
Is this true, or just a grammatical train wreck? Has Webber disobeyed orders to pass a cruising Vettel?

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #614
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr View Post
Apologies are polite and courteous - but the damn points elephant is still in the room! They're obviously just testing the water with the media/fans response and they are lucky to have a fortnight left to do it. I say stand him down 1 race.
You, as a fan, may want that. But the team has no intention of doing that, nor do they want to.

The team must be laughing in some way. It has two drivers who want to win and one who is pissed off for not winning. Tough position.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #615
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Is this true, or just a grammatical train wreck? Has Webber disobeyed orders to pass a cruising Vettel?
I don't know that Webber would have done exactly the same, but he has a history of ignoring team orders in the past. And everyone speculates that he won't help Vettel now, team orders or no.

I am wringing my hands.