User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #1861
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,696
Wow, what an opportunity

“@texastornado5: Just got word 3 spots opened up at pre-Austin Bootcamp April 13-16
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #1862
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,115
He hasn't lit the world on fire in testing, but I imagine the combined weight rule will help Redding this year. I imagine him being on the podium more than off of it, and winning a few races. But hard to bet against Espargaro this year. I hope he wins it and gets a decent MotoGP ride in 2014.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #1863
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Obviously not saying he's in the same class as MM but Redding has gone toe-toe with MM and come out on top. Same with Espargo. I was the last person to give praise to redding prior to last season but for me at least, he showed he's got some sack battling with MM. (not to be confused with him showing me his sack). The guy definitely seems to suffer at the end of races. Maybe his size has something to do with that?
I don't deny Redding's obvious talent. I like him. The results aren't there, though. May be for the same reasons as Smith?

Krop may have some better insight.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #1864
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I don't deny Redding's obvious talent. I like him. The results aren't there, though. May be for the same reasons as Smith?

Krop may have some better insight.
They--Redding especially--are large (IOW, normal sized) for Moto2.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #1865
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
They--Redding especially--are large (IOW, normal sized) for Moto2.
Redding is tall. He's taller than me. I think last year he was trying too hard. This year, he seems a little more relaxed, and so also a little more focused.
Kropotkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #1866
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,280
Schwantz and COTA ..

newest ...

"Last week, Circuit of the Americas (CotA) issued a statement suggesting I had nothing to do with bringing MotoGP to Austin. Unlike others who have had disputes with CotA, I am free to speak my mind. So let me set the record straight: I am the reason MotoGP is coming to Texas and no one currently associated with CotA had anything to do with the design of the actual race track. There's no shortage of evidence to prove these facts.
On February 2, 2011, Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta sent me a letter confirming that 3FourTexasMGP, my company, is the ‘sole rights holder for MotoGP in the state of Texas for the years 2013-2022.’ On February 3, 2011, Comptroller Susan Combs sent a letter to me and Mr. Ezpeleta confirming that the MotoGP U.S. Grand Prix would be included in the state’s Event Trust Fund beginning in 2013. In that letter, the state comptroller explained that the annual funding would be sent to 3fourTexasMGP, 'the rights holder for all MotoGP events in Texas.' On April 12, 2011, at the request of the state comptroller a press conference was held announcing that MotoGP was on its way to Texas. Finally, on July 22, 2011, Mr. Ezpeleta sent a letter to the state Comptroller saying that 'both Kevin (Schwantz) and I are positive that the measured success of our events in Texas will be fantastic for both the state of Texas and MotoGP.’

I have spent too much time and money the past five years on this project, including helping the Comptroller during the 2011 Legislative session and CotA in raising money, for me to sit by and allow this repeated misinformation to continue. CotA's attempt to downplay my involvement with Austin's MotoGP event is silly, but some of the group's other actions may verge on something far more serious. It is my belief that just like the F1 event, they are attempting to rewrite history in an effort to qualify for one of the Texas Event Trust Funds."

via Shwantzschool.com

yet again the only ones getting rich will be the attorney's
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #1867
mdubya
Right Brigade

Indy needs to get on board and make Schwantz an "official motorsports ambassador" or something.

COTA can only lose face by not coming to some sort of amicable agreement.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #1868
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
"...There's no shortage of evidence to prove these facts.

On February 2, 2011, Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta sent me a letter confirming that 3FourTexasMGP, my company, is the ‘sole rights holder for MotoGP in the state of Texas for the years 2013-2022.’ On February 3, 2011, Comptroller Susan Combs sent a letter to me and Mr. Ezpeleta confirming that the MotoGP U.S. Grand Prix would be included in the state’s Event Trust Fund beginning in 2013. In that letter, the state comptroller explained that the annual funding would be sent to 3fourTexasMGP, 'the rights holder for all MotoGP events in Texas.' On April 12, 2011, at the request of the state comptroller a press conference was held announcing that MotoGP was on its way to Texas. Finally, on July 22, 2011, Mr. Ezpeleta sent a letter to the state Comptroller saying that 'both Kevin (Schwantz) and I are positive that the measured success of our events in Texas will be fantastic for both the state of Texas and MotoGP.’..."
Link to PDFs:

http://schwantzschool.com/images/pdfs/documents.pdf

Seems to me that Dorna should be the target of the lawsuit -- not COTA.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #1869
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,870
My reading of Kevin's statement leads me to think he is right that COTA cut him out of the deal and are now attempting to get hold of the state funding he had access to.
I suspect this will take a while and probably be ugly. The players there at COTA doen't seem like straight shooters.

Quote:
Indy needs to get on board and make Schwantz an "official motorsports ambassador" or something.

COTA can only lose face by not coming to some sort of amicable agreement.
Facebook
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #1870
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 872
On the topic of Redding. I forget who said it, but after he had tested with Ducati one of their fatheads had said that they thought he had a bright future, but was still too young. I also would like to see Redding ride in Moto2 a year or two more, the kid is still a teenager isn't he? Of course Marquez is young, but I also would have liked to see him ride in the feeder classes to mature a bit more, which was apparently needed as seen through the last two seasons.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #1871
mdubya
Right Brigade

Redding and Marquez are both 20.

I am not sure Marquez has much left to prove in the lower classes.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #1872
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,513
Quote:
Redding and Marquez are both 20.

I am not sure Marquez has much left to prove in the lower classes.

Nope, he belongs with the big boys now. I am really looking forward to watching him this year.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #1873
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 872
Either way, I do think Redding has more time to prove himself. I'm not sure he'd be a great, but it'd be fun to see him move up.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #1874
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
Either way, I do think Redding has more time to prove himself. I'm not sure he'd be a great, but it'd be fun to see him move up.
Absolutely. He can mature and that might help him. He is almost always exciting to watch, which is always a good thing.

Keep in mind, 2014 will bring 5 Honda production racers to the grid and probably some Yamaha hybrid bikes too. That will (hopefully) open the door for all sorts of interesting things to happen.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #1875
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,460
Quote:

Keep in mind, 2014 will bring 5 Honda production racers to the grid and probably some Yamaha hybrid bikes too. That will (hopefully) open the door for all sorts of interesting things to happen.
Word is that Yamaha will lease enough engines to equip 4 bikes and the deal is almost done.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote