Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #76
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by joon1911 View Post
Hi,

Those packs look great. I'd personally rather ride with a soft pack system more than rigid panniers most times. Question though do you think these would work with the standard OEM GSA pannier racks? I was thinking I could mount a plate on the left hand (asymmetrical) rack and mount my tent and Kermit chair in that area behind the pannier.

Do you know if this would work or would I have to buy the Wolfman rack to use these bags?

Thanks in advance.
Hey joon1911,

We are working on a solution as we speak for this transition. The obvious problem here is the bags resting up against the pipe (thus potentially melting) and not really having a full 4-points to mount to. We have seen some guys fabricate their own plate for that area to allow the bags to mount. We should have a solution in the next few months or so...hope that helps.

Dusty
Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #77
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,158
2 Questions:

1. Any chance of getting them cheaper without the waterproof liners? I have tons of wp roll bags and would rather pack a few smaller bags inside than one big one.

2. Can you post picks of them from behind? I'm thinking about these for an fjr1300. 2 up camping trips with my boy would be better than the egg shaped oem luggage and rolle bags on top would give him arm rests of sorts.

Okay 3 questions. Do you think I could mount them? I have a trailer hitch on the bike that would be easy to add to. I'd just want the bags up high off the pipe?

B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #78
nomad5326
Xventurous

Oddometer: 298
Fit w/Rotopax?

Dusty, how do these fit/work with the rotopax mounts the expedition racks/bags have? Can you show them (if they do) mounted up w/rotopax vertically and horizontally? Thanks mate for yet another great product!
nomad5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #79
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
2 Questions:

1. Any chance of getting them cheaper without the waterproof liners? I have tons of wp roll bags and would rather pack a few smaller bags inside than one big one.

2. Can you post picks of them from behind? I'm thinking about these for an fjr1300. 2 up camping trips with my boy would be better than the egg shaped oem luggage and rolle bags on top would give him arm rests of sorts.

Okay 3 questions. Do you think I could mount them? I have a trailer hitch on the bike that would be easy to add to. I'd just want the bags up high off the pipe?

Good questions I will answer below:

1. We sell them as a set and don't have that as an option at the moment.

2. I will see what I can do about pics from behind but it will be on a different bike... The rolies on top are probably not going to come up high enough for arm rests.

3. These really need a rack or something more stable to mount to. I see that you have some sort of support on your FJR but I really wouldn't know if these would work unless I tried it sorry. You are more than welcome to try them and if they don't work you can return them for a full refund as long as they are in showroom condition and within 30 days.

Hope that helps...
Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #80
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad5326 View Post
Dusty, how do these fit/work with the rotopax mounts the expedition racks/bags have? Can you show them (if they do) mounted up w/rotopax vertically and horizontally? Thanks mate for yet another great product!
I will see what pics I can dig up or take for you...thanks for the compliments
Old 03-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #81
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
Hey joon1911,

We are working on a solution as we speak for this transition. We should have a solution in the next few months or so...hope that helps.

Dusty

This mean a mounting system for R1150Gs is on the way.....................

I hope

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #82
kcc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Love these bags

The Rocky Mountain bags are pretty mind blowing... built like *tanks*. I really like the details, including the tapered opening, the mounting system, and the super heavy duty everything.

Also, Dusty and the crew took extra time to get me set up right at closing time on a Friday and it's really appreciated. In over 15 years of experience with this company, they have never failed to go the extra mile on customer service.

I personally also really like that they have liners and bags - if its wet out, I like being able to lift the liner out and walk away with dry gear inside, leaving the outers on the bike. They fit the big KTM perfectly.

My daughter approves, too!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #83
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,029
good looking bags... are they waterproof?
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #84
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
good looking bags... are they waterproof?
See the first post in this thread.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #85
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
This mean a mounting system for R1150Gs is on the way.....................
I really like the look of these bags. I was wondering if anyone has a pic of them on an 11XXGS with the straps under the seat, cos I usually carry a pillion. It looks like the overhang of the seat at the sides might stop the front strap sitting right. And a dedicated rack would be nice- they made a lot of those old GSs you know- I'm sure you'd sell enough to justify a run of them!

Three Dawg screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 02:04 PM
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #86
DapperDanTheMan
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Question

Does anybody know how these bags behave when they are empty when riding? Are they floppy? Will they have a lower profile?

Thanks
DapperDanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #87
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
I like them. I think I'll stick with my Expedition bags as I think they are the perfect size, and these may be a little too big, but I really like the design.

I wish the Expedition bags had those handy D-Rings for top attachment. That's a nice addition.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #88
kcc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
NoFlop

Dan -

No flop... the pics I posted above are empty. They have a semi-rigid plastic sheet in the bottom as a stiffener. The bags themselves are quite burly fabric. Net result is even empty they are full profile and don't move around or flop in the wind at all (product tested to super-legal speeds).

-Kevin
Old 05-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #89
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 431
Wolfaman Sticker Spotted - Tour Of California

Couldn't find a generic Wolfman thread so this will have to do.

Wolfman sticker conspicuously displayed on the back of the media reporters MC. Saw it several times throughout the coverage.

Way to go.

An example starts at about 1:20 in. I saw some better closeups during the on air NBC/Universal Sports coverage on Sunday, but can't find them easily online just now.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #90
OR400
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
questions

I am about to pull the trigger on these for my 950 Adv but have a couple questons. One reason I would get a bag this big is to ride with my wife. Is there any problem putting the front strap under the seat. Does not look like it would lessen the stability. I dont have my bike in front of me so do you know if there is room under the seat for the buckle.
Also I either have a HB rear box or I have a pelican case with Rotopax that I carry on a HB rear rack. Can I move the large top buckle enough to the side that my box will still attatch to the rack. I dont think there is enough clearance under the box for the buckle.
Thanks in advance and looks like a great product.