Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > EMEA
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
desideep OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Indians to Scotland: (Some old photos added)

Hi Friends,

This is my first ever post to the Forum,

i have ridden around in India on my good old Royal Enfiled 350 and a Karizma that is based out of a CRF 250.

I am in UK for a year on deputation near London Gatwick.

I have lived in Glasgow back in 2004-2005 but at that time i did not explore much.

I would need help with planing a 4-6 days trip around Scotland,

I would need some suggestions with kind of bike that i can pick cause my Mrs. will be riding with me.

I am adding a few photos

This is me and my Mrs. heading back home after a 500 Kms small practice ride before we went for a ride that had no road for half of the trip

this is a 225 CC bike derived from Honda CRF 250, it is called Hero Honda Krizma. i have had some good fun on it.

This is a Bajaj Pulsar 220 good bike, the engine is derived from a Kawasaki Eliminator 180

This is the pride and joy the Big daddy Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R

desideep screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 02:38 PM
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,598
Welcome to the UK and to ADV. You need to give a bit more info regarding budget for the bike to get useful input.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 7,233
4 to 6 days is gonna fly by, especially with the wife on board (they tend to want to ride less and see more )

My folks live in the Mull of Kintyre so I tend to bimble up there once every few years or so and make a trip of it. Up the east and down the west.

Plenty of stately homes and distilleries to visit, some stunning countryside to ride in, great walks in the highlands and, if it's your first time some "must see" places - Edinburgh (half a day to a day) John O'Groats (you'll be disappointed but hey! it's fun), Ben Nevis (if you walk it, plan 2 days - 1 to go up and down, and 1 to recover), Balmoral to doff cap t' Queen, the Highlands, the Harry Potter viaduct , Loch Lomand, Isle of Skye, Mull of Kintyre and the list goes on and on.

Grab a map, google tourist attractions Scotland, and then get depressed 'cos 4 to 6 days is no where near enough time, recover, find your focus, start making a list - and have a great time.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
Mortis (the Brit)
Seeker of the truth

Oddometer: 90
I did Scotland last year with a friend and it was great. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it as I usually prefer to head to Europe. I would definitely recommend the Isle of Skye. Here's our bikes looking towards the Cuillin hills.

I think this is the reason my friend suggested Scotland as she likes her whiskys.

This place is where a lot of bikes stop to fill up and grab some refreshments.

http://www.thegreenwellystop.co.uk/

And this is my all time favourite pub of all time.

http://www.clachaig.com/

Any bike will do the trip but, as I'm a Triumph man, I'd suggest a Triumph
Mortis (the Brit) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
ScotchBonnet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
You might need Google Earth to help you here but - If you head from Edinburgh (or Glasgow) to Perth, then through Pitlochry, then up to 'Glenshee ski centre', then through Braemar to Ballater, then over the 'Lecht ski centre' road through Tomintoul and go to Aviemore you wont be disapointed with the scenery, riding (or whiskey distillerys). Aviemore is a nice place to stop for food and relaxation. If you can tie in the Isle of Skye that would be amazing as its fantastic over there. Applecross is also a wonderful place to go on that side of the country over some spectacular roads. Hope that helps.
ScotchBonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
desideep OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Welcome to the UK and to ADV. You need to give a bit more info regarding budget for the bike to get useful input.
Thanks a ton. Regarding Budget i am not sure what i am looking at or what are my options.

I am adding a link to a Bike rentals that i talked to for a Suzuki bandit 650

Bandit 650
http://www.westsussexmotorcyclehire....-grand-tourer/

V Strom
http://www.westsussexmotorcyclehire....-grand-tourer/

Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
4 to 6 days is gonna fly by, especially with the wife on board (they tend to want to ride less and see more )

My folks live in the Mull of Kintyre so I tend to bimble up there once every few years or so and make a trip of it. Up the east and down the west.

Plenty of stately homes and distilleries to visit, some stunning countryside to ride in, great walks in the highlands and, if it's your first time some "must see" places - Edinburgh (half a day to a day) John O'Groats (you'll be disappointed but hey! it's fun), Ben Nevis (if you walk it, plan 2 days - 1 to go up and down, and 1 to recover), Balmoral to doff cap t' Queen, the Highlands, the Harry Potter viaduct , Loch Lomand, Isle of Skye, Mull of Kintyre and the list goes on and on.

Grab a map, google tourist attractions Scotland, and then get depressed 'cos 4 to 6 days is no where near enough time, recover, find your focus, start making a list - and have a great time.
I have lived in glasgow for two years but that was 8 years ago, but for sure i can say that i am not going to be new to the place. My wife she is into riding or see as i like to do, but this is her first time in UK so rather than me planing a trip to Paris or something else i wanted to show her Scotland, its been 10 years now but still people some times ask me if i am from some scotland area lol.

I have Edinburg on list,
But i would like to show her Loch Lomand, Argyle forest, in and around glasgow.
Then i personally want to go to Loch ness, i hope that i would be the lucky one to Nessy.

i am going to put up a rough drwaing soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis (the Brit) View Post
I did Scotland last year with a friend and it was great. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it as I usually prefer to head to Europe. I would definitely recommend the Isle of Skye. Here's our bikes looking towards the Cuillin hills.

Any bike will do the trip but, as I'm a Triumph man, I'd suggest a Triumph
I love Triumphs back home i ride a Cherished and well kept 1981 RE Bullet 350, i know they are no match for Bonnies but i would like to own a BOnnie back home when they are launched.

desideep screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 02:43 PM
Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
desideep OP
n00b

In the Above post i have posted the one dealer that is renting bike and he has fixed pricing no discounts what so ever, he also has riding gear for rental.

i am planing to do Up east and down west or the other way around. this long weekend is just for planing.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
bikerjon
n00b

Oddometer: 1
London Motorbike hire

Hi,
Just thought i'd add my bit.

If you're looking to hire a bike in the UK talk to Mark at www.superbikerental.co.uk. He's a top bloke and he's got a great range of bikes

Here's his London page link - http://www.superbikerental.co.uk/mot...ire-london.php

Have a great trip :)
bikerjon is offline   Reply With Quote