Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #106
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
What does it mean for the black 40L top cases - "More coming soon" (all the others say "Pre-Order")? Are they all gone for the pre-Order already?
We've sold through the stock that we ordered. We're working on getting a few via air now. We certainly didn't expect this to be the best selling thing that we can get from Globescout.

Also - Please note:

The coupon code, as stated before, is for a pannier kit only. We are not offering any discounts on the top cases at this time. It's only good while pre-ordering is open, so when the panniers arrive, the $100 off coupon is no longer valid. It's also limited to 1 per person and per address.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #107
Happycamper
Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer: 551
Ordered

Rob,

Ordered. Also sent you a couple of questions via your website. Looking forward to getting them

2007 G650 Xchallenge
2009 F800GS
Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #108
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,574
Rob,

Are the lid nets sold in packs of one or two?
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #109
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycamper View Post
Rob,

Ordered. Also sent you a couple of questions via your website. Looking forward to getting them
Awesome - thanks!! I would try to answer them here, but there are a TON of questions that were asked today. I haven't the foggiest which one is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Rob,

Are the lid nets sold in packs of one or two?
They're sold in packs of 1. If you want two, you should give Bill a call - he'll get you two for $40 as you already have a set of panniers. If you're really, really nice to him, he will even ship them to you first class for free. (actually, just tell him I said so)
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #110
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,574
Quote:
They're sold in packs of 1. If you want two, you should give Bill a call - he'll get you two for $40 as you already have a set of panniers. If you're really, really nice to him, he will even ship them to you first class for free. (actually, just tell him I said so)
Thanks, You guys rock! I'll give him a call tomorrow.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #111
marchyman
Cam Killer

Oddometer: 6,825
nothing for the wethead
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #112
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
I picked up my new GSW today. Tell them to hurry up with mounts and such for a full set of bags including topcase.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #113
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,505
OK, stupid questions of the day:

1) Is there a liner bag for the 27L Top Case?

2) With the Pre-Order, we wouldn't get charged until the items ship, correct?
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #114
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
nothing for the wethead
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I picked up my new GSW today. Tell them to hurry up with mounts and such for a full set of bags including topcase.
We've told them! We've told them! As of about 2 weeks ago, we're on track for an April arrival of the standard pannier mounts. A notched set is still TBD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
OK, stupid questions of the day:

1) Is there a liner bag for the 27L Top Case?

2) With the Pre-Order, we wouldn't get charged until the items ship, correct?
Unfortunately, no 27L liner yet. You will be billed when placing the order - if that isn't ok, please wait until the product arrives before placing your order.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #115
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
We've told them! We've told them! As of about 2 weeks ago, we're on track for an April arrival of the standard pannier mounts. A notched set is still TBD.

Unfortunately, no 27L liner yet. You will be billed when placing the order - if that isn't ok, please wait until the product arrives before placing your order.
Any word on a top case mount?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #116
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Any word on a top case mount?
Not yet. I'll follow up with GlobeScout on Monday to see if there is an update on their end.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #117
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Can you clarify your shipping policy?

I went to enter my pre-order and it gave me choices for shipping -- all had a cost. On the front page of your website -- there is a notice that any order over $150 ships for free. Does that not apply to the pannier order?
ttime4four is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #118
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
Can you clarify your shipping policy?

I went to enter my pre-order and it gave me choices for shipping -- all had a cost. On the front page of your website -- there is a notice that any order over $150 ships for free. Does that not apply to the pannier order?
The free shipping policy is here: http://advdepot.com/freeship/ The pannier kits are both oversize and overweight and do not qualify for free shipping. I'll update the policy shortly to make that more clear.

Shipping on the pannier kits range between $30 on the east coast to a bit over $50 on the west coast. Even factoring in shipping, we strongly believe that the GlobeScouts are an awesome deal. We've put together a comparison chart, with pictures here: http://advdepot.com/globescout-compare

Additionally, the equivalent Touratech kit costs nearly $80 to ship to us, in addition to costing $200 more by themselves. Just sayin...
Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #119
marchyman
Cam Killer

Oddometer: 6,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
OK, as long as I'm wishing for stuff is there any plan for a smaller pannier? Width is sometimes more important that capacity and the "width of the handlebars" is too much. I'd rather have a 25L and a 35L (or whatever numbers make the sides match) than a 35L and a 45L.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #120
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
OK, as long as I'm wishing for stuff is there any plan for a smaller pannier? Width is sometimes more important that capacity and the "width of the handlebars" is too much. I'd rather have a 25L and a 35L (or whatever numbers make the sides match) than a 35L and a 45L.
this is my concern as well. I was about two days from pulling the trigger on a set of TT Zega Pros in the 31/38L combo until I saw these. I like them better, kudos..beautiful design! I have a Tiger 800 XC and am worried about the size, 42" seams too big for a bike that is made to be more maneuverable than a GSA!

1. Are there any racks that are slimmer, that would still accept the panniers? can I get the "lock-it" rack standoff spacing from the pillion on both the left and right. Understand Can side is spaced more, but by how much?

2. Is the 35/45 combo the only option, do you think a 35/35 could work?

3. Could I get the test report from the Tiger 800 owner?

4. Can the paniers lock to the rack?

Appreciate the info, I will hold onto this money a little longer now that you are in the game.

Bo