ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #586
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerduro View Post
I swapped to the LED ones like on the 450 RR. You can buy them for 15 Euro and they have two connections a) Rear Light and b) Brake Light. If you connect the brake light as dust light nobody will miss you in the dust.

The Acerbis are very poor and dont add much more safety. I still have a old set somewhere if you really want them ....


I like this one you posted. I am using it on my 690E. I ran some of the Safari with it and I had a huge bright LED trailer light on there that exploded somewhere along the way and disappeared off the back of the bike.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #587
oossie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
oossie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: dutch mountains
Oddometer: 118
WOW nice bike, the colours are alos very very
__________________
Visit dirttrack.nl for all your testimonials
dirttrack.nl
: Rally - Offroad - Allroad e-zine

owner of tha beast KTM 660 Rally
oossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #588
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Spain
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally View Post
Sorry, it's not for the 690 R it's for the famous 690 RR !!!

Oops...
Johnnyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #589
Pete640
I hate sand.......
 
Pete640's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Sanding something in the shed...
Oddometer: 1,437
Bigger 690!!!

Ok so its a very busy night at work tonight so I thought what better way to constructively use my time than do a little research. Knowing the 690RFR motors are actually 654 (IIRC) and knowing that KTM has made the 690 Enduro a true 690 cc motor I thought - is it possible???

Onto the Boltons KTM parts fisch I go.....
1st - the base gaskets for the RFR bikes and the 2012 Enduro are the same PN (75030035000),
2nd - the head gaskets are the same PN (75030036000),
3rd - timing chains are the same PN (75036013000) B2, 104 links, 07
4th - wrist pins are different PN's but they are both 20mm,
5th - timing pullys are the same PN (75036014000).

Obviously the cylinders are different as are the pistons/rings. Cylinder heads are different as well but I expected that, the RFRs being a higher performance possibly? (But they use the same valves, both intake and exh - same PN's). My reasoning is that if the gaskets are the same PN the water galleries, chain and guide caverties and oil passages should all line up???

This leads me to think that it would be possible to use the 690R "big bore" cylinder and piston on the RFR bikes. Can anyone shoot a big fat hole in my logic? More CC's = more kapow right???
__________________
Pete
For those who sit at home and dream - let them... Meoni
03 950 Adventure RR - aux tanks and other bling
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611461
Email. Turtleshell5@icloud.com

Pete640 screwed with this post 03-24-2013 at 07:30 AM Reason: cos I can....
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #590
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 5,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete640 View Post
Ok so its a very busy night at work tonight so I thought what better way to constructively use my time than do a little research. Knowing the 690RFR motors are actually 654 (IIRC) and knowing that KTM has made the 690 Enduro a true 690 cc motor I thought - is it possible???

Onto the Boltons KTM parts fisch I go.....
1st - the base gaskets for the RFR bikes and the 2012 Enduro are the same PN (75030035000),
2nd - the head gaskets are the same PN (75030036000),
3rd - timing chains are the same PN (75036013000) B2, 104 links, 07
4th - wrist pins are different PN's but they are both 20mm,
5th - timing pullys are the same PN (75036014000).

Obviously the cylinders are different as are the pistons/rings. Cylinder heads are different as well but I expected that, the RFRs being a higher performance possibly? (But they use the same valves, both intake and exh - same PN's). My reasoning is that if the gaskets are the same PN the water galleries, chain and guide caverties and oil passages should all line up???

This leads me to think that it would be possible to use the 690R "big bore" cylinder and piston on the RFR bikes. Can anyone shoot a big fat hole in my logic? More CC's = more kapow right???
The 2012 690 models get their increase in CCs from a crank with 84.5mm stroke instead of 80mm, the bore is still the same 102mm as the 654cc models have. The long stroke crank should come with a shorter rod, so it could probably be put into the Rally engine with the rest of the parts staying the same. However you'd have to do some head work to keep compression with same with the increased stroke.
__________________
Proud member of the HUSABERG ADVENTURE TEAM!
12 690 Enduro-R, 12 Husaberg FE570, 09 KTM XC-F/ 450 RFS hybrid, 07 KTM 450 SMR, 09 BMW F650GS twin/F800GS hybrid, 03+05 YZF-R6
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #591
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT
 
Mudguts's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Some were in , lostralia
Oddometer: 1,882
Why not go 730cc if your going to split the cases ,you may as well go big

Increase 40cc Or 80cc I know what I'd do
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 AM   #592
Pete640
I hate sand.......
 
Pete640's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Sanding something in the shed...
Oddometer: 1,437
I was thinking it might only be the cylinder bore, there is no way Im going to split a perfectly good bottom end. It was a theoretical excercise - here's hoping I'll be busier tonight!!!
Having said that - I'll report back after I have the standard motor refreshed with a little tinker here and there....
__________________
Pete
For those who sit at home and dream - let them... Meoni
03 950 Adventure RR - aux tanks and other bling
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611461
Email. Turtleshell5@icloud.com
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #593
Gerduro
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
I like this one you posted. I am using it on my 690E. I ran some of the Safari with it and I had a huge bright LED trailer light on there that exploded somewhere along the way and disappeared off the back of the bike.


Acerbis Zusatzrücklicht
passend für: Universal



http://www.africanqueens.de/html/KTM...rkleidung.html
Gerduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #594
Pete640
I hate sand.......
 
Pete640's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Sanding something in the shed...
Oddometer: 1,437
Ok - so I wasnt that busy again which got me thinking about gearing which is totally different on the 690 r and 690 RFR.
Whilst I like all of the gears 1-5 on the rfr the 6th is another extention of 5th, (if you havent ridden one they dont have an OD 6th, more like 4th 4.5 and 5th instead of 4th, 5th + 6th).
Given the Counter shaft (76233010000) and main shafts (76222001000) are the same parts then am I right in guessing the 6th gears from the r would slide right into the rfr? It would be nice to drop the hwy revs - making the perfect outback ride!!!

Back to work!!!
__________________
Pete
For those who sit at home and dream - let them... Meoni
03 950 Adventure RR - aux tanks and other bling
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611461
Email. Turtleshell5@icloud.com
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #595
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT
 
Mudguts's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Some were in , lostralia
Oddometer: 1,882
I don't think there is that much difference between them even the R needs a taller 6th

I price out a custom gear when my brother work at Hardman Engineering
Whom specialise in make gears & it was $$$$
Now the 6th out of an RFS motor could be another alternative
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #596
daGeri
Adventurer
 
daGeri's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 33
Guys I need a new Sensor Kit for my ICO. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the original KTM spare part or the Sensor Kit RallyRaid UK or others are offering? I'm wondering because the price of RallyRaid UK is half of KTM...

daGeri screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 02:54 PM
daGeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #597
Panne
n00b
 
Panne's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Limpopo, South Africa
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeri View Post
Guys I need a new Sensor Kit for my ICO. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the original KTM spare part or the Sensor Kit RallyRaid UK or others are offering? I'm wondering because the price of RallyRaid UK is have of KTM...
No difference. KTM doesn't manufacture it, they buy in from ICO Racing, as do Rally Raid.
Panne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 AM   #598
daGeri
Adventurer
 
daGeri's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panne View Post
No difference. KTM doesn't manufacture it, they buy in from ICO Racing, as do Rally Raid.
Thank you!
daGeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #599
johnno950
Studly Adventurer
 
johnno950's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: central qld australia
Oddometer: 759
Anyone got/or know of a complete engine for sale for a 690rr?,if so pm
thanks,want a spare engine to rebuild without current bike being down.

johnno950 screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 05:38 AM Reason: more info
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #600
Pete640
I hate sand.......
 
Pete640's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Sanding something in the shed...
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
Anyone got/or know of a complete engine for sale for a 690rr?,if so pm
thanks,want a spare engine to rebuild without current bike being down.
Given the 690 and 690 rfr motors are so similar why not look for a 690 that is a stat write off or repairable write off and use that one in the rfr while your funking with yours? Look here....

http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged/it...ycle/502259456
__________________
Pete
For those who sit at home and dream - let them... Meoni
03 950 Adventure RR - aux tanks and other bling
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611461
Email. Turtleshell5@icloud.com
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014