ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #121
klc4885
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 6
Do you still have the 100.00 off offer?

Just checking on this I'm buying a 2013 1200 GSA and would like some of these panniers. How long of a wait is there currently?
klc4885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #122
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight
 
F800 Rob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
OK, as long as I'm wishing for stuff is there any plan for a smaller pannier? Width is sometimes more important that capacity and the "width of the handlebars" is too much. I'd rather have a 25L and a 35L (or whatever numbers make the sides match) than a 35L and a 45L.
I had that thought as well. I'll talk to GlobeScout, but nothing smaller is in the cards quite yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
this is my concern as well. I was about two days from pulling the trigger on a set of TT Zega Pros in the 31/38L combo until I saw these. I like them better, kudos..beautiful design! I have a Tiger 800 XC and am worried about the size, 42" seams too big for a bike that is made to be more maneuverable than a GSA!

1. Are there any racks that are slimmer, that would still accept the panniers? can I get the "lock-it" rack standoff spacing from the pillion on both the left and right. Understand Can side is spaced more, but by how much?

2. Is the 35/45 combo the only option, do you think a 35/35 could work?

3. Could I get the test report from the Tiger 800 owner?

4. Can the paniers lock to the rack?

Appreciate the info, I will hold onto this money a little longer now that you are in the game.

Bo
1. You can mount GlobeScouts on anything, pratically. They make puck kits for 15MM, 16MM, and 18MM bars. (that's pretty much any rounded hoop on the market) The racks that we use come in one flavor only. The exhaust side is about an extra 6CM out from where the non-exhaust side is. That's about perfectly the difference between the 35 and 45L pannier.

2. 35 / 35 will work. They will look slight off-balanced though, but not horribly so.

3. Sure. PM me. I'll also put it up on the site later this weekend.

4. Yes, we do offer a kit for that. It's $25, and basically two of these:

__________________
As of September 6th 2013, all Motorcycle Insight sites list above have been sold to and are operated by LM Cycle Supply. Please see the official announcement here.

F800 Rob screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 05:03 PM Reason: 6CM is the correct width difference
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #123
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight
 
F800 Rob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc4885 View Post
Just checking on this I'm buying a 2013 1200 GSA and would like some of these panniers. How long of a wait is there currently?
We're working on getting sets air freighted in, and should have an ETA early this week. As of right now, we've already spoken to GlobeScout about it and expect more after the initial shipment soon. (much before our next scheduled delivery in May)

I'd suggest giving us a call (877-333-9669) or email (customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com) on Monday for the absolute latest status.
__________________
As of September 6th 2013, all Motorcycle Insight sites list above have been sold to and are operated by LM Cycle Supply. Please see the official announcement here.
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:26 AM   #124
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer
 
freefall109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 155
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
2. 35 / 35 will work. They will look slight off-balanced though, but not horribly so.
Any edumacated guesses on how much a difference it would on the left (Non exhaust) side?

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. You have definitely got a quality product on your hands and I like that someone is splitting the difference between TT's market with what seems like a superior product. They'd better get back to the drawing board now that you are in the game. Not to mention you offer a military Discount and some unnamed other does not.....thanks by the way!

I am sold on the Panniers. I am just not completely sold on the HB "lock-it" Rack. I like how they have made it detachable, just don't know how important that is to me. I want to closest fit allowing the back to be as narrow as possible. If the GSA is 39", then 42" on my T800 or your F800 is too much IMHO. Lot's of room for improvement there.

Can you provide us Tiger owners a distance between mounting points on the HB rack as shown below (forgive my use of TT but your website doesn't have a rear view of the HB rack)?


As a rack expert yourself, do you know what the 35/45 Globe trotter Panniers width would be on a TT Rack?

Thanks,

Bo
__________________
---The only time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire!---

freefall109 screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 03:01 AM
freefall109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #125
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight
 
F800 Rob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
Any edumacated guesses on how much a difference it would on the left (Non exhaust) side?

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. You have definitely got a quality product on your hands and I like that someone is splitting the difference between TT's market with what seems like a superior product. They'd better get back to the drawing board now that you are in the game. Not to mention you offer a military Discount and some unnamed other does not.....thanks by the way!

I am sold on the Panniers. I am just not completely sold on the HB "lock-it" Rack. I like how they have made it detachable, just don't know how important that is to me. I want to closest fit allowing the back to be as narrow as possible. If the GSA is 39", then 42" on my T800 or your F800 is too much IMHO. Lot's of room for improvement there.

Can you provide us Tiger owners a distance between mounting points on the HB rack as shown below (forgive my use of TT but your website doesn't have a rear view of the HB rack)?


As a rack expert yourself, do you know what the 35/45 Globe trotter Panniers width would be on a TT Rack?

Thanks,

Bo
Great question, Bo. The widths of each pannier are as follows:

35L - ~8.6 Inches
45L - ~11 Inches

For comparison sake, the Touratech panniers are 8.5, 9.5, and 11.5" for the 31, 38, and 45 respectively, per here. Assuming that the Tiger 800 width is 42", the width of the HB rack is 22.4 inches.

Using the 38/45 TT pannier kit as base (also at 42") we can calculate the width of the TT rack out to be about 21", and the GlobeScout panniers on a TT rack to be about 40.5" You can mount the GlobeScouts on any flat sided rack, such as a TT, Holan, or Happy Trail setup.

Does that help? I hope so! I need a beer after all of that math...
__________________
As of September 6th 2013, all Motorcycle Insight sites list above have been sold to and are operated by LM Cycle Supply. Please see the official announcement here.
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #126
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer
 
freefall109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
Great question, Bo. The widths of each pannier are as follows:

35L - ~8.6 Inches
45L - ~11 Inches

For comparison sake, the Touratech panniers are 8.5, 9.5, and 11.5" for the 31, 38, and 45 respectively, per here. Assuming that the Tiger 800 width is 42", the width of the HB rack is 22.4 inches.

Using the 38/45 TT pannier kit as base (also at 42") we can calculate the width of the TT rack out to be about 21", and the GlobeScout panniers on a TT rack to be about 40.5" You can mount the GlobeScouts on any flat sided rack, such as a TT, Holan, or Happy Trail setup.

Does that help? I hope so! I need a beer after all of that math...
A beer you deserve, Rob! So, bottomline...for an extra 100 dollars you can gain aprox 1.5 inches! *she wishes*

Just got to figure out if I plan to chop and weld these myself or keep them as is. Thanks and I'll be in touch soon.
__________________
---The only time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire!---
freefall109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #127
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer
 
freefall109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
Great looking stuff -- before I get too excited, can you help me with a few questions?

(2) is the overall set-up symmetrical? if different (e.g. how far off - 2" wider on left)?
(3) same as the two above if the kit was using 2 - 35L bags

ttime4four,

I did some math of my own from figures provided to me by TT rack owners. Figured you or maybe others would find it useful. Rob has covered the HB racks, however, a centerline measurement is still needed to find difference from right to left if using 35/35 combo. The below figures should apply to those using TT racks and two GlobeScout panniers on a Tiger800.

From centerline of bike:
TT racks and 2ea 35L GS panniers:
-Left side would hang 17.6"
-Right side would hang 20.35"
= aprox 38" width

TT racks, and 35/45 GS panniers
- Left side 20.02"
- Right side 20.35"
= Aprox 40"+

Plus side, you lose some distance using TT racks, downside, you lose 100 bones and the ability to disconnect racks.
__________________
---The only time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire!---
freefall109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #128
JRose
Studly Adventurer
 
JRose's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Birmingham, 'Murica
Oddometer: 627
Want.


I too don't care for the 45L size, and would prefer either a slightly smaller than 35L for the exhaust side, or either a 35L that's got a notch cut for the exhaust.

I sent you guys a message. I'm loving the boxes, just have to figure how I want to fit them to my new F800.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #129
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight
 
F800 Rob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose View Post
Want.


I too don't care for the 45L size, and would prefer either a slightly smaller than 35L for the exhaust side, or either a 35L that's got a notch cut for the exhaust.

I sent you guys a message. I'm loving the boxes, just have to figure how I want to fit them to my new F800.
We're on it. I actually had a phone conversation with the GlobeScout factory on Friday about it. No promises, but it's something that I've committed to purchase should they develop it.

Also - a quick note on the R1200GS Special kit. We're continuing to work on getting more beyond what was in our initial stocking order. We've very, very optimistic at this point that we're going to be able to bring in a significant quantity of these in the next 30 days or so.

If you're interested in an R1200GS Special kit, and you haven't placed an order because we ran out, I'd suggest putting in an order now to take advantage of the $100 of launch promotion.


Other kits are still available, but they are selling fast! We're expecting to be completely sold through the initial order before it arrives. Don't delay!!
__________________
As of September 6th 2013, all Motorcycle Insight sites list above have been sold to and are operated by LM Cycle Supply. Please see the official announcement here.
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #130
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer
 
freefall109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 155
Rob,

what size mounting pucks do I need if I have TT racks?

Thanks
Bo
__________________
---The only time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire!---
freefall109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #131
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight
 
F800 Rob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
rob,

what size mounting pucks do i need if i have tt racks?

Thanks
bo
18 mm.
__________________
As of September 6th 2013, all Motorcycle Insight sites list above have been sold to and are operated by LM Cycle Supply. Please see the official announcement here.
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #132
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer
 
freefall109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 155
Thanks, Rob. Just ordered a set of 35's. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

Bo
__________________
---The only time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire!---
freefall109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #133
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight
 
F800 Rob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
Thanks, Rob. Just ordered a set of 35's. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

Bo
Awesome!

Thanks!
__________________
As of September 6th 2013, all Motorcycle Insight sites list above have been sold to and are operated by LM Cycle Supply. Please see the official announcement here.
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #134
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
nikoktm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Brisbane (QLD)
Oddometer: 256
Hi Rob,

Just to remind you I'm still waiting for news about the mounting system for the KTM 1190 ADV to make my order
nikoktm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #135
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight
 
F800 Rob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
Hi Rob,

Just to remind you I'm still waiting for news about the mounting system for the KTM 1190 ADV to make my order
Unfortunately, no update on this. For the 1190, we're relying on Hepco and Becker for the frame, and they have not committed on a release date for it, or even when they will start looking at producing one.


A few house keeping updates:
  • We have approximately 1 week before the GlobeScout panniers arrive. There is still time to order a set from the initial shipment, but it's nearly sold out! We have low single digits of both the natural and black sets remaining. If you want a set, I would suggest ordering NOW so you are guaranteed one from the initial shipment, and you get the $100 pre-order discount. Once they arrive, the discount ends. We will not be offering this discount again.
  • We've posted an exhaustive review sent over by one of our beta testers. Nearly 100 pictures of the install, along with everything you could hope to know about GlobeScout panniers is up and ready for your review here: http://advdepot.com/GlobeScout-review
  • DEALERS - We'll be offering special dealer pricing starting with our next shipment, due in June! If you are interested, please contact us. If you want your dealer to stock GlobeScout panniers, please tell them to contact us visit our dealer page here: http://advdepot.com/GlobeScout-dealers
__________________
As of September 6th 2013, all Motorcycle Insight sites list above have been sold to and are operated by LM Cycle Supply. Please see the official announcement here.

F800 Rob screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 06:08 PM
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014