User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #16
Somber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
thanks for offering these in this combo/package/setup - ordered some today

I needed some easy to grab zipper pulls, gonna kill 2 birds with one stone and get my info covered too
Somber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #17
Two Brothers
Tire Guru

Oddometer: 322
Ordered mine the other day. Looks great Randy. Thanks for thinking about this. I can speak from experiance. I wish I had this one with my accident. Great product.
Two Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
PHOTON PHIL
THe REAL poser

Oddometer: 249
Thumb

Really good idea.. Just ordered 2 units. Should be enough for my and my sons jackets.
Thanks.
PHOTON PHIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #19
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 282
Many thanks to all of you riders who have ordered a set. Let's hope that they are never needed but it's always better to dress for the crash in case one happens. Thanks to the world wide web of ADV riders, these have shipped internationally.

Spread the word and let your riding buddies know where your info can be found when you ride in a group. Make sure that your info is found fast in case of need.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
Corbeau de l'orage
Designated Scapegoat

Oddometer: 17
I'm in for 2 sets. I'll use a few and pass on a few to my riding buddies. Thanks for your work on this.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
txwanderer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
FINALLY!!

Some one came up with something easy to see and know what it is, and here is the biggie, It will get used.

I hear of folks using the thumb drive devices, and although they may be fantastic and full of information, they don't get used. Actually around these parts, you better not plug an unknown drive in to a company or hopital computer. Too many out there with trojans and virus', even if it is a lagit device. No one will risk their system to an unknown, they have too much to lose.
txwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #22
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwanderer View Post
FINALLY!!

Some one came up with something easy to see and know what it is, and here is the biggie, It will get used.
Thanks for your positive comments. Sometimes, in today's high tech society, we need to re-think the approach and keep it as basic and simple as possible.

Simplicity, dependability and keeping it cheap were my primary objectives when I set out to build a better product than what I could find available. Update-able was an added benefit. Who wants to pay $20 for 1 piece that is permanently written when you can get 5 for $15 and be able to use them over and over?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,345
Great thing to suggest for people in group rides..... one might know his buddies name, but does he know about his meds, allergies, emergency contact info, etc. It would be handy if someone had an issue.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #24
aaronrkelly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Till-Tuesday View Post
Great thing to suggest for people in group rides..... one might know his buddies name, but does he know about his meds, allergies, emergency contact info, etc. It would be handy if someone had an issue.
Exactly, I belong to an MC and while I know the guys (and girls) well enough.....I sure as hell wouldnt know how to get ahold of their family or what family to contact.

We ordered dog tags as a group with basic info and contact numbers on them.....but I wasnt so sure they would go noticed. Granted, since we all have them we would know to tell EMS to look but I still wanted a bit more.

So me and my GF ordered these things......definitely couldnt hurt.

Also while I take no meds, have no alergies and have no pertinent medical info.....shes has ALOT. The dog tags wouldnt help much in that regard but the ICE device does.....love them little things.

a quick run to the Black Hills
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post14248448
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #25
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Riding season is starting up again. Time to evaluate your emergency contacts and plan your safety protocols.

I have added reflective stickers in the standard 1"x1" size and in the 2"x2" size to the product line up. These reflective stickers are made from a high quality, long life material for years of use.

http://www.aerostich.com/ and http://www.sporttouringgear.com/ are now selling my product as well. Check out their catalogs for details.

Additional mounting idea for theICEdevice - attach to the strap where the D-rings are looped through to keep it in an easy to see location. One of my fellow ADV riders suggested this and it's a great, conspicuous location for the ICE data.

Now, let's get out there and ride as temps warm up. Everyone ride safe but be prepared for the worst with your ICE information close at hand. Whether you use my product or someone else's, let your riding buddies know where to find your info fast in case the worst does happen. Don't look back after the fact and say, "coulda, shoulda, woulda..." when it's too late to help.

treemuncher screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 08:07 AM
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #26
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,668
Ordered. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #27
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Ordered. Thanks!
Thanks for your order. It was shipped out today so you should have it by mid-week. Ride SAFE!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #28
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

FerrySTOC 4 May 16-19, 2013 Paris Landing SP, TN ADV ride loops too!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875597

I will be hosting FerrySTOC again this year for the 4th year in a row. FREE CAMPING at the state park's tent area provided by the Paris Landing Tourism League. We don't care what your ride, just as long as you are friendly and decent to fellow riders.

Planned group rides will be sport touring themed. There is plenty of gravel to be explored in the Land Between The Lakes and surrounding counties for the ADV-tour and DS riders.

Please post on the top thread link if you plan to attend so that I can get a preliminary head count. The main event page is at http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...-Landing-SP-TN

Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #29
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

The Moonshine Lunch Run is this weekend. I will be donating 3 packages of theICEdevice to the door prize list. These will be given away during the Friday night dinner ceremony.

More info on the MLR can be found at http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/

This is a great event to start off the motorcycling season. Monies raised from the event go to help local charities.

I've also arranged for Sjaak Lucassen of the Polar Ice Ride to make an appearance at the event. He is currently in the middle of his extreme ride from Barrow, Alaska to Key West, Florida. He left Alaska first! He's been riding in temps as cold as -40 degrees

Come see Sjaak and hear about his worldwide travels on motorcycles.