User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
boscat OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
one more 950 question

So I just purchased this 04 950 a while ago and with the advice of all that responded to some of my other post I got my parts list together. My parts are all in now and i am ready for re-assy. The bike did qualify for TSB for the head nuts so i figured while i was in there i might as well complete it.
The question i had was that the orig part number from the update for the head nut was 600 36 078 100. What i did not realize was the part number updates again to 600 36 078 200. So that is the nut i recieved with all my parts. That in itself is not a big deal but what I was wondering was that in the orig parts break down of the head it shows no washer under these head nuts yet the TSB shows I should have them. Washer number 600 36 078 050. I did not get these with my orig parts order.
question one-- use the updated nut without washer?
question two-- does the washer update from the 050 number?
question three- order the 050 washers n wait for them n wait another while before i can put it back together?
boscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
Blackalac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
I also upgraded the head nutss on my 2004 950. I ordered the new nuts and realized they did not come with washers. I went to my local hardware store and purchased matching hardened washers and completed the nut replacement, and head retourque.
Blackalac is offline   Reply With Quote