Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #151
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,335
You have any pictures of yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
juames,
Thanks! Was just curious as to if the LED light worked well or not.

I would highly recommend doing what dirty and I did. I,ve had mine in for over a year and not a bit of trouble.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #152
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
^ Go back to page 8 and you will see.
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #153
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,127
I've had one of those running for a while now with no problems. I'm still looking for my final solution as this one is not very bright in both the run and brake circuits. My feeling is the physical size is too small, thereby limiting the number of leds used. Its good for 20% street/80% dirt, but hardly suitable for the dense traffic situations that are my daily rides!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #154
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,335
Parts are ordered!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #155
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 838
Did anyone ever find a straight socket instead of the 90 degree angle socket (see post #135)?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #156
Coho911
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,350
Hey guys, to remove the rear tail light housing from the bike/plastics - is there a way to do it without pulling the seat/fender and everything else off the bike ???

Would save me a lot of time....

----> LC4 Info Thread <----

So many places to go and see, so little time...do it whenever you can, cause too late comes fast. - Coho

The internets BEST Site for Image Hosting ---> Smugmug <--- SAVE $ 5.00 on smugmug membership with this COUPON - hUuJ7EHBKXWDU
Coho911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #157
Coho911
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,350
NVM - got it and learned it - haha. What a ton of screws to pull !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho911 View Post
Hey guys, to remove the rear tail light housing from the bike/plastics - is there a way to do it without pulling the seat/fender and everything else off the bike ???

Would save me a lot of time....

----> LC4 Info Thread <----

So many places to go and see, so little time...do it whenever you can, cause too late comes fast. - Coho

The internets BEST Site for Image Hosting ---> Smugmug <--- SAVE $ 5.00 on smugmug membership with this COUPON - hUuJ7EHBKXWDU
Coho911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #158
drmax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
wiring

Determined the green bike wire carries the running light 7 volts. I think I tried every configuration of wire positions and I can not get a running light. I can squeeze the handle or push pedal and get a light. The running light portion was working prior to dyking the old socket. Really nice of the GM part to not have a diagram on the damn package. Can someone tell me which wires are suppose to go where on this GM part....being it is label A B C on socket and bike wires are green blue and yellow, with the green wire and switch on, there is 7 plus volts.
Also, it appears there is no wrong or right way to install the bulb, as it goes in either way....is this correct? (bulb 3157)

drmax screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 02:35 PM
drmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #159
drmax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
disregard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Determined the green bike wire carries the running light 7 volts. I think I tried every configuration of wire positions and I can not get a running light. I can squeeze the handle or push pedal and get a light. The running light portion was working prior to dyking the old socket. Really nice of the GM part to not have a diagram on the damn package. Can someone tell me which wires are suppose to go where on this GM part....being it is label A B C on socket and bike wires are green blue and yellow, with the green wire and switch on, there is 7 plus volts.
Also, it appears there is no wrong or right way to install the bulb, as it goes in either way....is this correct? (bulb 3157)
Disregard. Blown blue fuse. Also, these wires do not match up in a row, to the old lamp. It is as according....A to Blue...B to yellow...C to green
drmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #160
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,092
Having once found myself on the hood of a Camry, I have always found the little enduro tail light on the 640 a little worrisome. Doubly so given how often it doesn't work at all from bulb and/or wiring vibrating apart back there in the hell of constant rock roost.

So after smearing off a turn signal at the Shenandoah 500 last month I figured it was time to deal with it while that ridiculously complex fender was apart. Having followed this thread, what I liked best was the Baja Designs type tail light in place of the stock license plate light.

So I bought the Tusk equivalent given that it is basically the same and significantly less expensive. The whole Tusk fender assembly and light is the price of just the BD light. So now I have have that inner fender in reserve in case I decide to ditch the abomination on the back of my bike.

Anyway, many thanks to whoever thought this up. It isn't that much different at night. But that LED is WAY better in the daylight. This mod gets two thumbs up. It looks like it was meant to go there, retains my license plate light and the LED brake light is crazy bright when you are right behind it.

This never works right with a sleazy cell phone camera especially with the brake light, but here goes anyway:

Grreatdog screwed with this post 11-17-2013 at 05:06 PM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #161
my6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
This issue reared it's ugly head on my SXC for the first time today. Timely..

my6 screwed with this post 11-17-2013 at 06:03 PM
my6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #162
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 838
Here's my setup - dual hyperlights are very bright in daylight and flash. Hear that? That's the sound of me knocking on wood as I ride in to work tomorrow. :)

Old 11-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #163
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,774
I did the Wheelin TIR3 back when I had the 640A, sold it awhile back and just not got around to installing it on the 690.

Here's a short vid I did of the install:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfLrD6lvnf0

Dirty
Old 11-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #164
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,092
I like the Hyperlites. I rode with a guy running those and they are impressive. But I wanted to try this because I like the BD light on my MXC. Plus this is way less money. If my jury rigged turn signal fails I may yet go that route.