ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #6211
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 07:56 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #6212
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,223
I have NO PROBLEM with those that think my proposal is a waste of time. You think one phone call and one email is a waste... fine. Think Rowher sucks... fine. Think working with the man is cowardly or giving up your freedom or civil liberties... fine. Don't help !

But shoving a stick in my spokes trying to sabotage my efforts... and turning on me personally is ridiculous. Fact is whether your paying attention or not the US Gov catalogued every trail in the nation and has been minimizing us for several years. Adding trails to the official system hurts NO ONE.

It's funny how others are entitled to their opinions to sit on their ass and bitch about how it once was and still should be... but I am NOT entitled to my opinion to go try and get some miles of trail added to Rowher.

If any of you RFBK / RFTK guys wanna make one call and one email per year to get more miles of trails... PM me.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #6213
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,744
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
I have NO PROBLEM with those that think my proposal is a waste of time. You think one phone call and one email is a waste... fine. Think Rowher sucks... fine. Think working with the man is cowardly or giving up your freedom or civil liberties... fine. Don't help !

But shoving a stick in my spokes trying to sabotage my efforts... and turning on me personally is ridiculous. Fact is whether your paying attention or not the US Gov catalogued every trail in the nation and has been minimizing us for several years. Adding trails to the official system hurts NO ONE.

It's funny how others are entitled to their opinions to sit on their ass and bitch about how it once was and still should be... but I am NOT entitled to my opinion to go try and get some miles of trail added to Rowher.

If any of you RFBK / RFTK guys wanna make one call and one email per year to get more miles of trails... PM me.

Hey Jeff,
Keep up the good work, I'm glad you wear the nerd hat so I don't have to.
I will put in a word when needed, but mostly I will just ride and help keep clear my favorite trails....Rowher is a fun place to ride if you don't have the time to travel farther, just like any other local place. The Clevland NF crew make jokes about how that place sucks but thy keep riding there because it's close to home.
It makes me feel lucky to live so close to some really bitchen trails.

See you fucks on the mountain if you dare to drive past Rowher.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #6214
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,492
Curious, seaing that the RFBK has been together for some time now, over 3 years im sure, why is that NONE of them (mostly rich) had NEVER been told about this upcoming closure if this was to be public knowledge. Seems this closure came out of the blue even to klammer (our founding father of RFBK) telling me terry must have known but kept his mouth shut about this upcoming closure? (shame on him if so) Seems he would have made this #1 priority & gave the heads up 3 years ago & told us to fight about then. Just amazing that (OUR) MONEY & there resources go into closing an OLD EDISON road which actually makes the riding area more dangerous for the people who do use it. Bottom line is, its all phucking political BS, someone has a job & gets paid to enforce the closures, PERIOD!

RIDE ON!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #6215
Burmshot
Born to ride

Oddometer: 170
I wounder if Terry was the one that actually put up the fencing . I guess calling everybody for a work party to shut down trails would not be cool, so they did it them selfs.
I personally don't think Terry new anything about the closure he is just an employee and the head people do not always tell the employee's what is going on. Now that the off shoots are closed on the top beware of the fire road many accidents will happen. They will have to spend alot of money on emergency response to help the injured now.
Burmshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #6216
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burmshot View Post
I wounder if Terry was the one that actually put up the fencing . I guess calling everybody for a work party to shut down trails would not be cool, so they did it them selfs.
I personally don't think Terry new anything about the closure he is just an employee and the head people do not always tell the employee's what is going on. Now that the off shoots are closed on the top beware of the fire road many accidents will happen. They will have to spend alot of money on emergency response to help the injured now.
No, they had a bunch of prisoners do it. RAZR, Jimmy and I were up ther that day and caught them in the act.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #6217
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,178
Who want to ride F$cked up Rowher tomorrow ? We can go to the oaks and cry on each others shoulders and stuff .

9 o cock bitches
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #6218
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Who want to ride F$cked up Rowher tomorrow ? We can go to the oaks and cry on each others shoulders and stuff .

9 o cock bitches
Will you be riding the tricycle again?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #6219
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Will you be riding the tricycle again?
YZ funny guy
Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #6220
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
YZ funny guy
Old 04-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #6221
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

District Ranger Bob Blount says he did recieve a couple calls. Thought both were productive and positive. He will meet with his people on the ground this week to discuss specifics. He understands the concerns for safety with the cut outs gone.

Bob sure could use a few more calls of support. He wants to help us and will call me back this week when his guy is in the office with him to discuss specific solutions/ideas with what might be some short term relief. No promises yet but he is trying to be positive and helpful. And then we will look at what long term NEW miles of trails might be added to the park in next years green sticker grant cycle.

Two calls from you guys and two calls from me has them moving.

Please consider a call of support to help us find a solution to a safe bypass for dirt bikers from the forest road.

661-269-2808 (Dial 9 and spell BLOUNT)

Guests are encouraged.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #6222
mrchristian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Please consider a call of support to help us find a solution to a safe bypass for dirt bikers from the forest road.

Awesome, will call tomorrow. As with anything, you have to play the game/work the system to get things done.

Everyone is saying that once things close, they never open up again. The entire Rowher Flats OHV area was closed off and was opened up again after user groups petitioned it to open again.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #6223
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,492
Quote:
District Ranger Bob Blount says he did recieve a couple calls. Thought both were productive and positive. He will meet with his people on the ground this week to discuss specifics. He understands the concerns for safety with the cut outs gone.

Bob sure could use a few more calls of support. He wants to help us and will call me back this week when his guy is in the office with him to discuss specific solutions/ideas with what might be some short term relief. No promises yet but he is trying to be positive and helpful. And then we will look at what long term NEW miles of trails might be added to the park in next years green sticker grant cycle.

Two calls from you guys and two calls from me has them moving.

Can you please clarify or do YOU know that this was a NON public/closed to open discussion from us the people about the upcoming (now closed) closures @ rowher. I know that you mentioned in prior post it was 3 years in the making if im correct. Now all the sudden there listening with 2 phone calls? This whole thing stinks like shit to me
Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #6224
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Can you please clarify or do YOU know that this was a NON public/closed to open discussion from us the people about the upcoming (now closed) closures @ rowher. I know that you mentioned in prior post it was 3 years in the making if im correct. Now all the sudden there listening with 2 phone calls? This whole thing stinks like shit to me
So few OHVers get involved on a regular basis that it really doesn't take many folks to get something done.

But because you ask it kinda shows how little we all know whats been going on. What you describe as unknown actions to me is common knowledge. I came into awareness about 3.5 years ago... the first time I called my local forest to complain about trail closures and was educated about the process.

Bottomline the feds have a responsibility to manage the lands they are assigned. We have ridden anywhere we want for 50 years. User groups against us have sued and sued. Directives were given for the Fed land managers, USFS, BLM, US Parks to identify what are legal trails versus non legal trails. Additionally, OHV user groups like Stewards of the Sequoia worked to have as many of the user created trails declared LEGAL.

This process has been ongoing for several years. It has concluded. Now non legal trails are being restored back to natural habitat. This means blocking, fencing, churning soil, covering, planting.

To be surprised now is a little late. But a few of us have been working to get the agencies to start ADDING trails when safety or lack of fairness in trail allocation exists. The guys that run Rowher seem to be listening.

Make the call. Learn more from the Rangers directly. A few minutes of your time will help Rowher become a better trail system.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #6225
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 956
Quote:
I am going to spend the next year trying to get green sticker money to add dirt bike only trails to the Rowher OHV area. It can be done. But we need some user involvement in the way of a phone call and an email when the time is right.

If everyone pissed about shrinking trails at Rowher:

1) - Makes one phone call now asking to get dirt bike only trails put back where the cut outs were for SAFETY and simple fairness as dirt bikers have lost almost all trails in these OHV areas to wider and flatter trails for ATVs, SXSs and full size vehicles....

2) - And then sends one email supporting the grant application that gets submitted next year in March....

...you have a great chance of seeing new dirt bike only trails in 2015/2016.

I know the SSS crowd has no interest in working with the man... or even riding Rowher for that matter. They get half their thrill from riding outlaw and flipping the man the bird ! I get it. After 30+ years in OC I moved wife, home & business to the high desert to live in an area where I can ride rouge from my driveway any day of the week. I see no one... I share no trail. I rarely hear another dirt bike. It's a 50s thing. You've had enough... and you don't give a shit anymore... and you are gonna be a little rebelious for a few years before you can't any more. It's call midlife whether you wanna admit it or not. I GET IT.

That said... for you Rowher lovers... that want your local riding area to grow in trail miles rather than shrink there is a way ! We've done it in SBNF... and Angeles (Rowher) is willing to listen.

Start the process by giving Ranger Bob Blount a call at (661) 269-2808 and let him know you want to "Add back dirt bike only trail to Rowher where they took away the cut outs along the forest road forcing you to share a high speed dirt road with ATVs, SXS and full size vehicles. It is a huge safety issue... and it is also a fairness issue as dirt bikers have lost so much trail to ATVs, SXS & full size vehicles."

The number of calls he gets right now gives him a reason to help you. Nobody calls ? He'll go work on mountain bike or equestrian trails. Those people are calling.

Sierra Club Operative signing out !

and i thought all this was an april fools joke on u guys by BOLT

guess he's serious about this

but he's stepping up to help u out, he knows all the secret handshakes that can get things done

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote