User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Disco Dean OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,181
Thumb Garmin Support / GPSCity.ca rule!!!

Just a note to share how great an experience I have had with Garmin and also GPS city.

My Montana 650 (bought in 2011) has just pooched itself.

I have had the sporadic battery issues and have done the fix of putting a little tape inside for it to stop moving.

This all but solved the issue but sometimes it would cut out on a particularly bumpy road - screen would go dead - I would pull over, pop out the battery - back in and it would be fine.

I have loved this unit so very much...

Anyway, last weekend it did it again but this time nothing... no start up nothing. Not even a glimmer of anything.

After I got home - into the computer, the wall socket overnight, out with the battery and some AA's... nothing at all. Card in and out nothing... Done!

Called Garmin and asked what I should do.

He said - sounds like two issues but either way we have to get you a unit because of the battery. Refurb unit no problem - done. No charge but shipping.

So that is cool after two years.

Then I remembered I got it at GPScity and thought I would throw that business their way and they said - wait a second you got the $40 extended warranty.

We'll send you a brand new unit no questions - put it in a box send it back - the new unit is waiting here to go out.

1 - Garmin was super cool and asked for nothing - one call - one extension - first guy I spoke to - took care of it.

2 - GPS city reminded me that if you service your clients well - they will come back and the tech also reminded me - that I had the extended warranty and took care of it all - no questions. Not - we have to see the unit... but, here take a new one.

Perfect. Highly recommended.

D

As your attorney, I advise you to buy a motorcycle. How else can we cover a thing like this righteously?
Disco Dean is offline   Reply With Quote