Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
AltRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Husqvarna TR650 Terra / Strada Crash Bars by AltRider - PREVIEW!!

OK TR650 owners, you have been patient long enough and now it’s time for you to see how our crash bar development has been coming along for the TR650 Terra and Strada. Here is a sneak peak at our 1st version prototype bars.

• The finish is not final and all bars get a premium looking bead blast and some get a second treatment of powder coat. These bars will be available in silver or black. And we are considering a matte black finish with pictures coming soon!
  • Welds around coping will always be complete. These prototype bars were just tacked up to check fitment and does not reflect the welds of our final product.

OK now for the nitty-gritty details on these awesome new bars. Like the majority of AltRider bars we take full advantage of using the bikes frame to support these bars as it is the strongest component on your motorcycle. The TR650 bars will fully engage with the frame on the upper mounts. The upper mounts will actually insert into the frame and the lower mount wraps around the frame. Here is a quick breakdown of the full features we included with this bar design.

• 1” diameter stainless steel with a wall thickness of 0.082!
  • All hand TIG welds
  • All coping is cut on 5 axis laser for perfect fit which means coping does not need to be filled with excessive welding.
  • All bends are made on a CNC mandrel bender which retains the most bar strength compared to other bending methods available for precision and the mandrel prevent the tube from crushing
  • Hardware is stainless steel
  • Full frame engagement for maximum support
  • Shape of the bars provides full coverage to the radiator, fairings, and tank in the event of a side impact.

The current status of these bars in final development and we anticipate them being complete in about 4 weeks. They are currently available for pre-order through AltRider or your dealer. Information about our skid plate design is coming soon. Here is a complete list of the current modifications to this bike.

Any Questions?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
wolftrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
OK Jeremy when can I plop my money down? Looks really good and it follows the lines of the bike perfectly. Will it be available in black? Price?
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
AltRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrax View Post
OK Jeremy when can I plop my money down? Looks really good and it follows the lines of the bike perfectly. Will it be available in black? Price?
Hey there,

This is actually Erik here. I will have the pricing posted in about 15 minutes and they you can pay us. They will be available in black and we are considering a matte black which we think is fitting for this model.

Yes we tried to match the lines of the bike perfectly. You might notice that in the photos one side is higher than the other but this is not permanent. That was our bad on the first mock up of the proto and both side will match with the production pieces.

Stand by for pricing!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
AltRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Pricing is now available and the parts can be pre-ordered!
http://www.altrider.com/altrider-cra...trada/pid/1085
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,682
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
kjackbrown
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltRider View Post
Hey there,

This is actually Erik here.
Yes we tried to match the lines of the bike perfectly. You might notice that in the photos one side is higher than the other but this is not permanent. That was our bad on the first mock up of the proto and both side will match with the production pieces.

Stand by for pricing!
Cool E...just to be clear, will they both be high up like the right side (better matching the "gas tank" lines) or will they be lower like the left side? I am hoping they are higher
kjackbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,396
Any word on the skid plate and radiator guard? I would love to order them all now and have them waiting when I reunite with my TR in a couple months.

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
AltRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Any word on the skid plate and radiator guard? I would love to order them all now and have them waiting when I reunite with my TR in a couple months.
Nothing to report with regards to the Rad guard but we have lots happening with the skid plate! I just uploaded some killer shots of the design rendering on the website, check them out. The skid plate will not take much longer and we are accepting pre-orders if you would like to get in line for that.

Here is a link to the website and the product page, http://www.altrider.com/en/product/detail/pid/1088

This skid plate will be available in silver and black. The construction is 1/8" thick anodized aluminum with a killer grain finish. All hardware is top-notch and included, install is a cinch and an easy bolt on job.

This skid plate looks great on the bike and is a bomber setup. Tell all of your Terra friends. I will try and get some good photos of the prototype installed soon.

- ERIK @ AltRider
Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
Chazbo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Nothing to report with regards to the Rad guard but we have lots happening with the skid plate! I just uploaded some killer shots of the design rendering on the website, check them out. The skid plate will not take much longer and we are accepting pre-orders if you would like to get in line for that.

Here is a link to the website and the product page, http://www.altrider.com/en/product/detail/pid/1088

This skid plate will be available in silver and black. The construction is 1/8" thick anodized aluminum with a killer grain finish. All hardware is top-notch and included, install is a cinch and an easy bolt on job.

This skid plate looks great on the bike and is a bomber setup. Tell all of your Terra friends. I will try and get some good photos of the prototype installed soon.

- ERIK @ AltRider
Will the skid plate be strong enough to support the bike on a stand for routine maintenance, tire change, etc?
Chazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
AltRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbo View Post
Will the skid plate be strong enough to support the bike on a stand for routine maintenance, tire change, etc?
It was not specifically designed for this however I do not foresee any problems with this. The skid plate is stronger than your average dirt bike skid plate.

Good question though and thank you because we will keep this in consideration for the future.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
Nev..
wannabe advrider

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Are the 2" ROX risers a straight fit? Are all of the cables long enough to cope or was some replacement/rerouting required?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #12
NextAdventre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev.. View Post
Are the 2" ROX risers a straight fit? Are all of the cables long enough to cope or was some replacement/rerouting required?
Yep! You just need to cut the cable ties loose and re-reoute the throttle cable. Takes all of 15-20 minutes. I LOVE 'em.
NextAdventre is offline   Reply With Quote