User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
max924 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
3 day Phoenix-Death Valley loop advice?

Hi all, i have 3 full days in mid april to ride starting from Phoenix AZ. I will be renting and most likely renting an HD Street Glide. I have read alot of good tips on the area in the forum here but thought I would post my trip plan for any more advice.

The big hitters I planned on doing was seeing some of rte 66, driving through Mojave park, driving through Death Valley, driving through Valley of Fire, and heading back to Phoenix.

I will be leaving Phoenix in the early morning taking 93 up toward 40 and then hitting old 66 via Kingman or Hackberry rd. From Kingman I will be heading through oatman to Topoch back to 40 and heading West. Off of 40 I will take Kelbaker road across Mojave to Baker. From Baker go up Death Valley road to Badwater road up to Furnace Creek. From there I will head out starting on 190 to Valley of Fire park. From Valley of Fire I will get back down to 93 and either take that all the way back to Phoenix or take a detour through Prescott Valley depending on time, ending in Phoenix on my third night.

When I work out the rough mileage it equates to approx. 350 miles a day which seems certainly doable, although I hope to do some small detouring along the way and frequent stops. Let me know what you think of this plan and any neat places I should try to hit. I haven't figured out where to stay for the 2 nights but I was thinking of Possibly Baker or Furnace creek, and somewhere around Valley of Fire.

This will be my first real 'bike trip'. I have ridden regularly from when I could walk till my early 20's but at 29 I have not ridden much in the last 7-8 years. Hopefully this will give me a good enough kick in the a$$ to go buy a bike.

Let me know what you think, good or bad, I'll take it all.

Thanks, Max
max924 is offline   Reply With Quote