User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #151
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Holy crap Chris Samba is terrible... Just GAVE two goals to Fulham...
Old 04-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #152
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshelton View Post
Holy crap Chris Samba is terrible... Just GAVE two goals to Fulham...
QPR fan?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #153
wxwax
Excited Member

Dimitar Berbatov is one of my favorite players to watch. He finds time when there is no time, space where there is no space. When the ball is at his feet, the rules that govern the universe seemingly cease to exist.

Writing about today's match, the Telegraph captured some of his spirit.

Quote:

There is barely sufficient space to list all the ridiculous things Berbatov did. His goals were simply window-dressing to a sublime individual display. His touch was exquisite, his vision unparalleled, his audacity breathtaking.

At times, it was if he was playing a different, simpler game. Then, as his team-mates floundered and flagged in the second half, Berbatov prowled impatiently in search of the ball, the conductor waiting for someone to hand him a baton.

The Bulgarian has been in fine form for some games now, but this was where he truly cast off his earthly cares and drifted away...

While Berbatov floated around the pitch in an untroubled, Zen-like state of calm, Samba played like a man who was suddenly beginning to question everything.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #154
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Its true, he is one of my favorite strikers. I loved how poorly he was treated at United and how the fans called him "lazy". The touch he had when he brought that cross from over his shoulder and one touched it over the defender the other way was insane.
Not a QPR fan, just a EPL fan. I support Liverpool, but love watching everyone, who ever is playing.
I also really like Bryan Ruiz, and Schwarzer had an amazing save as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #155
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Dimitar Berbatov is one of my favorite players to watch.
one of the many reasons that I dislike this Man U. is Ferguson's dour pragmatism and that he tried to fit Berba with feet of clay. He's as cool as fuck and a bit of an artist with the pencil too. Do a search for his drawings - lots of talent.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #156
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 5,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
one of the many reasons that I dislike this Man U. is Ferguson's dour pragmatism and that he tried to fit Berba with feet of clay. He's as cool as fuck and a bit of an artist with the pencil too. Do a search for his drawings - lots of talent.
When i moved to my current location, FoxSoccer was the only game in town. I had always watched the Bundesliga but now had to learn my way around the EPL. I "settled" on Tottenham due to Berbatov. Liked how he moved and his control. Really pissed me off that he moved to Man-how-I-hate-them U-freaking-nited. He deserved the money though.

I swear Fergie buys players just to keep others from having them!!!!

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #157
wxwax
Excited Member

Bayern looked the part yesterday. But Juve are still within reach. A goal in Turin and things will get very interesting.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #158
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Bayern looked the part yesterday. But Juve are still within reach. A goal in Turin and things will get very interesting.
Vidal and Lichtsteiner are both suspended. Their biggest threat.

Dortmund were rather bad today.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #159
ThePikeman
German n00b

Dortmund nearly botched it. Two goals in injury time...

Balotelli is back! A 3 game ban...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/cha...three-game-ban
Old 04-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #160
wxwax
Excited Member

What a finish to the Malaga game. Typical Europe officiating, two offside goals given. Dortmund were offside twice on the final goal, no whistle. It balanced out. But UEFA does a terrible job of finding officials.

A colossally stupid red card by Arbeloa. He's vital to Madrid. I assume it's just a one match ban?

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #161
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
What a finish to the Malaga game. Typical Europe officiating, two offside goals given. Dortmund were offside twice on the final goal, no whistle. It balanced out. But UEFA does a terrible job of finding officials.

A colossally stupid red card by Arbeloa. He's vital to Madrid. I assume it's just a one match ban?
It's nearly impossible not to be racist at this level.... aaaahhmmm... I mean, officiating at this level is nearly impossible. Counters are much too fast and deciding offsides in the huddles of the final seconds?
Pleeeaaaaseeee... the red card will be overturned. Just look at Ibrahimovic. Why the hell do they give automatic bans?

Bayern Munich is boring.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #162
wxwax
Excited Member

For Malaga to complain after they themselves benefited from an offside goal is profoundly stupid. I hate that kind of stupid.

Arbeloa's red card won't be overturned. The cameras did a nice job of catching his disrespectful behavior. Do they still have the Respect banners at the arenas?

Barcelona won't win the Champions League. They're just not the same.

Bayern probably will. They look better than anyone else. Very impressive in Turin. Solid all the way through their lineup. Feels like their year.

Madrid look too vulnerable at the back and losing Arbeloa won't help. Hard to believe that a Mourinho team defends this poorly.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #163
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
For Malaga to complain after they themselves benefited from an offside goal is profoundly stupid. I hate that kind of stupid.

Arbeloa's red card won't be overturned. The cameras did a nice job of catching his disrespectful behavior. Do they still have the Respect banners at the arenas?

Barcelona won't win the Champions League. They're just not the same.

Bayern probably will. They look better than anyone else. Very impressive in Turin. Solid all the way through their lineup. Feels like their year.

Madrid look too vulnerable at the back and losing Arbeloa won't help. Hard to believe that a Mourinho team defends this poorly.
Bayern really missed Kroos yesterday. In Munich they could cope without him, because Juventus was tame, but there is some tactical brilliance in him few players have. He falls back to midfield if necessary and keeps the attack knit together. Ribery, Robben and Müller are lets say "free spirits" that work better if on a leash named Kroos.

Both, Madrid and Barcelona look very vulnerable at the back. I would guess, they'd both prefer to face the "known" enemy than the fast countering ones with good defense.
Best champions league semi final combination for quite some time.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #164
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Best champions league semi final combination for quite some time.
Yeah, no upsets. I thought Barcelona might lose, but Messi saved them. Honestly, though, only Bayern really look the part right now.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #165
wxwax
Excited Member

Bayern vs Barcelona
Dortmund vs Madrid

Easy predictions, I think. Bayern-Madrid final should be a glamour match-up. with Bayern winning the trophy they thought they had last season. *snigger*

Dortmund really were off their game against Malaga.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: