ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Should retags be allowed in the Hudson Valley Tag O Rama
Never Never ever!!!!!! 10 34.48%
Yes, after 2 years tags can be reused. 10 34.48%
Yes, after 3 years tags can be reused. 1 3.45%
Wow, you guys in the Hudson Valley are Wack Jobs! 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,179
So what happens if "Wack jobs" gets the most votes? I guess we need another vote then?

No thought went into the validity of this pole.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 13,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Maybe just start a new and improved HV TOR, where it is clear in the rules that retags will not be accepted?
Just my .02.
Very good idea. Start a new game that allows retags. Simple. Will eliminate one of the fun parts of the game (finding something new), but if that's what some of you want, just go ahead and do it.

The present game has been going on for almost 5 years now, and has been spectacular. And most of the more-then-once players knew they weren't supposed to repeat the tags. That is why JCCC spent the time to make maps. And everytime a repeat happened in the past, the "dropper" just dropped a new tag.

Changing it to two, three, four years back for re-tags really doesn't help. You would still have to review the maps, and figure out the dates. Harder then the present system.

So, how about you all stop the bullying and just vote? Or start your own game?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
Very good idea. Start a new game that allows retags.

Why, we already have one.

Are you in with the same group of people that thinks "Shall not be infringed" is also open to interpretation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.rd.rnr View Post
why, we already have one.

Are you in with the same group of people that thinks "shall not be infringed" is also open to interpretation?

Because he's a fucking asshole and just likes to throw his 2 cents in where doesn't belong and isn't welcome!!!

Boatman screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 12:45 PM
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

And another thing,,,,, before you get all high and mighty about taking a few minutes to check the tag maps you better check yourself!!!

You retagged a location that had only been used a month earlier.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post19806507

So get off your moral high horse,,,,,, JACKASS!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 13,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
And another thing,,,,, before you get all high and mighty about taking a few minutes to check the tag maps you better check yourself!!!

You retagged a location that had only been used a month earlier!
Perfect example. I checked the map, and didn't see that tag. But upon being informed that it was a re-tag, I immediately posted a different tag, that I had ready as a back-up. The gentlemanly thing to do. Which both Jezza and JCCC enjoyed riding to.

And stop the name calling. It is internet bullying. You're better then that.

docgonzo screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 01:14 PM
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Quote:
Perfect example. I checked the map, and didn't see that tag. But upon being informed that it was a re-tag, I immediately posted a different tag, that I had ready as a back-up. The gentlemanly thing to do. Which both Jezza and JCCC enjoyed riding to.

And stop the name calling. It is internet bullying. You're better then that.

Yup,,, and when it was pointed out that I had a retag I also delted it. Then upon reveiwing the rules saw there wasn't a retag rule, so I put the tag back up. Simple. There was no drama until you injected you bullshit.

Is alzheimers setting in???? If you checked the map, you would have seen it.

Maybe I am better than that,,, but on the same token you should stop stirring the pot just to get a rise out of people. Especially in threads where you know people hate you.

Kiss my ass you fucking moron!!!

Boatman screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 01:52 PM
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,452
Quote:
It is internet bullying.
I think we all can agree that no one wants to see the same tag over and over again. No one who has been around the game is going to do that deliberately. But, on occasion it happens. Is it really that big of a deal? You may have heard the phrase, "It's just a game".

It seems to me that the folks trying to enforce a rule that does not exist are the "Internet Bullies".

If we are just going to use media induced catch phrases, then I think Boats is simply "Taking a stand against tyranny".

...And Boats, please, it's not good for you to keep this stuff bottled up inside. This is an open conversation. Just tell us how you really feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #24
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,456
Can you guys please stop quoting the grey stripe.. I wanna puke everytime I see his bullshit

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #25
rdalland
Dharma Bun

Oddometer: 332
My vote?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #26
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I'm going to post this here so as to not clutter the tor anymore than it already is after extensive research here is what I have come up with from the first tag of 2012 here are the tag stats:

JCCC
STBOB
CPLUS
DANEDG
JEZZA
KENNY61
VONOTTO
TRIUMPTINY
PETEPAN
DEVO
V8
OPINION914
EDFETZ
BA
REDPOWER
EASTBOUNDANDDOWN
PMACB
GIRLRYDER
BOATMAN
BLACKDOG
TENGAIJOHN
WRECKSTER
BKRDRNR
RAINMAKER8
STORMWEE
AJXR
LOPH
SHERPAGUY
BLUEPILL
GREYSTRIPE
28 WHINEY POSTS AND POSSIBLY 3 TAGS

Group tags were given to who ever posted the grab.

I was suprised that I was actually in the top ten and even more surprised at the results I thought more people were more active in the game. But what really suprised me when going through the last year of the game was a repeated policy. RETAGS WERE NOT ALLOWED. Players with the got were given the opportunity to replace the tag and those who wanted to grab a tag and not wait were allowed to tag the retag or the previous tag and move on. I will refer to this as the EDFETZ AJXR Ruling.

My suggestion would be to keep to the spirit of the game as it has been played in the past. While the rules do not outright disallow the use of retags prior practice has and I think we should follow with tradition. I believe in some of the tags it actually enhanced the fun level of the game and the competitive level on some of the busy tag days when people were tripping over each other.

I also havent seen where anybody has had to rescind a tag. The poster either posted a back up or the taggers simply chose which one they wanted to get. A little light hearted rib jabbing was usually included but the game went on with out all teh drama we are currently having. The only thing that changed is that greystripe got involved in this one

Have your votes do what you want but I am going to continue to play the game as it has been played. It gives me a place to ride to and that's what its ultimately all about...

Old 04-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #27
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,978
Quote:
Very good idea. Start a new game that allows retags. Simple. Will eliminate one of the fun parts of the game (finding something new), but if that's what some of you want, just go ahead and do it.
That's just crazy A repeat is new for the tagger, I doubt anyone would repeat a tag on purpose. In another game tags have been posted, found and the game has moved on long before someone called repeat. Just keep it moving!

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #28
pmacb
Junior

Oddometer: 192
I'm with kenny61 in enjoying having a destination and reason to be out goofing off on the bike. I know some like to wander aimlessly, but since my available riding time is limited, I like the game as a quick half day adventure.

FWIW I'm good with no repeats as long as we don't get to the point of using random intersections or people's mailboxes ("I know 128 Maple Ave was already used. I was at 130 Maple. That's a whole different place..."). At that point the game should probably be reset & restarted or killed.

pmacb

"When a carnie looks at you and shakes his toothless tattooed head in disgust, you know you've made some bad choices in life." WaterWheel
pmacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #29
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Tag this

Old 04-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #30
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Why, we already have one.

Are you in with the same group of people that thinks "Shall not be infringed" is also open to interpretation?
Dear god man, asking for background checks does not infringe on be right to own a gun...stop being a troll.