Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #3646
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Cyborg, how much is the exp with the external adjustor? Really liking the Rekluse now that it can be adjusted externally to bump start. I have installed the exp on my crf450r but didn't adjust it right and burnt my clutch out in the first hour of riding. Need to get new plates and clutch basket but keep spending money on the Husaberg. The Honda may up for sale soon though. Took the Berg to Highland Park Resort here in Georgia yesterday. Rode awesome on the trails as expected but really surprised me on their new (tame) MX track. It was kinda cool to keep up with my buddies on their blinged out MX bikes with the headlight on and tag on the back. Jumped all of the smaller jumps without a problem. Tag needed to be unfolded though. Lol. Couple of turns on the compression and it soaked up me coming up short with ease. Starting to fall in love with this bike!

Ready for some moto camping!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #3647
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Cyborg, how much is the exp with the external adjustor? Really liking the Rekluse now that it can be adjusted externally to bump start.
RTF, I bought the Core EXP from Rekluse in 2011. Rekluse didn't have the Adjustable Slave Cylinder at that time.

I bought the Adjustable Slave Cylinder from Slavens in 2013 and retrofitted to the existing Core EXP. Quite simple, just had to change out the center adjustment piece with a solid piece that comes in the kit.

http://www.slavensracing.com/shop/ad...erg-by-rekluse note the Slavens picture is wrong, doesn't show the actual slave cyl in the kit.

You can buy it all as one these days, for example:

http://www.ktm-parts.com/RMS-7727B.html#.UV3AHcrJL74

Bit spendy but IMHO worth it.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #3648
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Awesome. So if i am reading it right it comes with the external adjuster now? No extra charge?
Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #3649
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Awesome. So if i am reading it right it comes with the external adjuster now? No extra charge?
No idea about price differences or if there are kits with and without. I just Googled it quickly to see what was currently offered.

You can call Rekluse direct and ask:

http://www.rekluse.com/offroadproducts.shtml
Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #3650
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok, thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #3651
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
Cool stuff Cyborg. I really want to get a rear hand brake. Please let us know how you like it.
Yea, me too. I have pretty much the same setup and have been thinking about the rear brake setup.

If you didn't have the smaller switch cluster, would you have been able to fit it in?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #3652
Chilipepper
Baja wannabe

Oddometer: 819
With some shipping issues I just ended up with the exp 2 kit. It comes with the adjustable slave cylinder. The new clutch cover, new inner clutch, pressure plate the exp plate of course with 6 red and 6 blue springs and the red main springs. The clutch pull now is just a bit heavier than stock. Being able to adjust the clutch at the slave is great. It's a great set up. Really prefer it to my buddies z-start without clutch lever. Just have to email rekluse and they will send you a template to drill a hole in your stock chain guard to access the bolt on the slave
Old 04-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #3653
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Yea, me too. I have pretty much the same setup and have been thinking about the rear brake setup.

If you didn't have the smaller switch cluster, would you have been able to fit it in?
It's a pretty tight fit to keep both levers but I managed it. Had to modify the switch cluster parts and break them apart and mount them to the Rekluse master cyl clamp and body.

On the top left module:
Light toggle: High/Low/Off
Horn
Kill switch

Below Rekluse master cyl clamp:
Blinkers

Mounted to the mirror base/clutch lever perch is what looks like a KTM Kill or Start switch that I am using for a headlight "Alert" High flash and also for programming the Skene Designs dimmer for my Baja Designs Squadron headlight.

On the far right, the usual KTM tripmeter switches.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #3654
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper View Post
With some shipping issues I just ended up with the exp 2 kit. It comes with the adjustable slave cylinder. The new clutch cover, new inner clutch, pressure plate the exp plate of course with 6 red and 6 blue springs and the red main springs. The clutch pull now is just a bit heavier than stock. Being able to adjust the clutch at the slave is great. It's a great set up. Really prefer it to my buddies z-start without clutch lever. Just have to email rekluse and they will send you a template to drill a hole in your stock chain guard to access the bolt on the slave
The OEM guard drill template came with my Rekluse adjustable slave cylinder kit, on the last page of the paper install instructions.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #3655
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
It's a pretty tight fit to keep both levers but I managed it. Had to modify the switch cluster parts and break them apart and mount them to the Rekluse master cyl clamp and body.

On the top left module:
Light toggle: High/Low/Off
Horn
Kill switch

Below Rekluse master cyl clamp:
Blinkers

Mounted to the mirror base/clutch lever perch is what looks like a KTM Kill or Start switch that I am using for a headlight "Alert" High flash and also for programming the Skene Designs dimmer for my Baja Designs Squadron headlight.

On the far right, the usual KTM tripmeter switches.

Thats a lot of stuff on there matey. I can only assume you have a hook for a right hand
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #3656
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,635
mercy sakes, Cyborg!

Hey...add "gasoline" to your list of things you buy for that bike.

Just sayin.

And, I'm starting to get worried about what you've got planned for us this year.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #3657
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzispete View Post
Thats a lot of stuff on there matey. I can only assume you have a hook for a right hand
Looks like a lot in the zoom-in photo, but the actual parts are small and the cluster is still smaller overall than a typical "Street" switch cluster and everything is quick at hand. It doesn't get in my way. Other side is start button and 3-map switch. I do dual-sport this bike a lot and need the goodies.

And HF, I HAVE been riding it. Plans? What Plans?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #3658
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 247
buy new or used? what to do?

I'm looking at buying an FE570 and I've found a new 2012 and a used 2011 with 50 hours pretty close to home. The used bike is only 60% of the price of a new one.

Where the bikes are located is all big dunes and I would guess it's been flogged from birth and traded in for a 500exc.

what to do? I'm no pro so I'm not sure I will notice the improvements in suspension unless they are pretty dramatic. Any problems with abused bikes?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #3659
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by milzispete View Post
I'm looking at buying an FE570 and I've found a new 2012 and a used 2011 with 50 hours pretty close to home. The used bike is only 60% of the price of a new one.

Where the bikes are located is all big dunes and I would guess it's been flogged from birth and traded in for a 500exc.

what to do? I'm no pro so I'm not sure I will notice the improvements in suspension unless they are pretty dramatic. Any problems with abused bikes?
I think the only changes from 11-12 were a yellow frame and most likely the 12 doesn't have the 'bad' fuel pump.
At 60% of price, it is hard to pass up if the bike runs well and doesn't look beat to heck. The 570s seem to run at least 200hrs before a top end service is needed.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #3660
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Ready for some moto camping!
moto camping huh?