Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #46
Jody H
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Yet you still haven't cancelled and disputed?
I'd have given them the big middle finger (via a CC dispute) loooong ago.
Life's too short to get emotionally invested in a damn internet parts order.
'09 Aprilia Mana
Jody H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #47
Pismo Joe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
I know this is an old post, but I am also having an issue with KTM-parts.com. One of the two parts I ordered had to go on backorder, and it turned out to be the wrong one anyway. But the real problem is no online way to track order status, and poor communication. It goes like this, I email and ask what's going on, no reply, email again with slightly different content (wanting to cancel one part), then get a reply to first email, never get reply to second, then get a reply to original note dropped in their support link. Then have conversation, the guy did not know the parts or the bikes (Chris), then I email asking why they have someone there who doesn't know the products, and the next guy (Michael) respond that he is a rider and knows the parts. It's all real confusing, I have never really had an online ordering experience like this. I ordered some parts from Touratech, and I got a call from the salesguy making sure I knew that one part was incompatible, and had the right part ready to substitute, and also saved me $100 for something I could do myself. Right now KTM-parts has had my money for a week (charge shows up in my bank account as not just authorized but captured) and I have no clue what is going on. I am tempted to order parts from Touratech and pay the restocking fee of 20% and never go back to KTM-parts.com... I've asked via Support link at KTM-parts.com for a call tomorrow AM or I'd notify my bank that the charge is bogus.

EDIT
OK, I found how to check the status of the order. It seems they sent it to FedEx today. But with the wrong part, even though they said they would substitute the correct one. SIGH. Why don't they send status emails? This is a company with some issues in how they process orders and how they communicate.

EDIT again:
The status checking system said it was shipped FedEx but it was shipped via sequestered USPS. And the order was shipped partial, not complete, and they charged me for both parts, one of which was listed on the order and was the wrong part.

Pismo Joe screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 06:28 PM
Pismo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #48
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,484
I've had multiple orders with KTM-Parts.com they've always arrived undamaged and complete. If you want tracking and other nifty features go with someone else. The parts show up when they do and at a great price. If I need something next day or want tracking updates I have it overnighted to a local dealer$hip if they don't have it in stock, or get it from a different website; but with a bit of planning that's rarely necessary.

Also resurrecting a 4.5 year old thread is quite fail.
TheMuffinMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
geometrician
let's keep going...

Oddometer: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
Also resurrecting a 4.5 year old thread is quite fail.
'87 KLR650 - <200K miles "Like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going & going..."
geometrician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #50
booger1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
I've been getting the same results from them as well. Wasn't going to mention any of this tell I got my parts, but. They've had my money know almost 2 months, they keep apologizing for the delay so I give them the benefit of the doubt, however they told me last night that my parts are going to ship out tomorrow and I will get a tracking number, however at 4:45 today I still have no tracking number. I think I'll dispute with the credit card company in the morning.
Never again ktmparts.
My bad, the people I'm dealing with is cycle hutt.

booger1 screwed with this post 04-03-2013 at 05:27 PM
booger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #51
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,458
i've been having good luck w/KTMPartsHouse..... the chick that does the KTM stuff is real nice, and they're supposed to get parts from Austria every two days, so.... and the prices are the lowest i've seen, 30%+ off.... check it out...
davesupreme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #52
stevodadevo
What happened?

Oddometer: 177
I have a disagree. I have ordered many things from them. They made a mistake on one and another was damaged in shipping. Michael bent over backwards to make everything right. They are one of my favorite places to shop!

I love these guys.
stevodadevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #53
Pismo Joe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
It might be a fail to revive an old thread, but in a forum-formatted-idea-exchange it is difficult to search and find good places to ask questions or to read other experiences. Yes, this is a free service I get it, and I appreciate it is here. But don't fail/flame me if the format does not lend itself to better communication.

In this day, whoever said "if you want a online system go somewhere else", are you serious? You are online now. And you are online all the time with your GPS or cell phone, or iPuppy or whatever, get a reality check please.

My last communique with Michael as a result of them asking me how it went, I gave them a "Bad" rating and said:

"Massive miscommunications plagued my experience with your company. When I ordered over internet, I would have expected contact confirmation of the order which never occurred, and I would have expected a notification if a part was on back-order (which it was), or an update to the order status, neither of which occurred. I had to contact you guys to find why I had not heard anything. The back-ordered part caused an implied delay in shipping, nor did you tell me would ship a partial order even though full price charged. Also, emails were read out of order and replied to out of order, which created more confusion and mistakes. Also, one of your people, Chris stated he did not know the products or the motorcycles well enough to know if I had ordered the right part. So at the end of this experience, I will have to return the one part you did ship due to these issues that caused me to have to order the part from another supplier, which will arrive tomorrow, and was ordered yesterday. I guess I just have to consider the 20% restocking fee the price of learning a lesson on how to check the supply chain better. I am stating this all without rancor or anger, but I am guessing it will be received as such."
Old 04-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #54
Oldebonz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
KTM-parts.com

I have ALWAYS had excellent delivery of parts from the West Virginia dealer.Fast,reliable,good prices,If I was closer,I'd do service there.They even gave me a nice discount on all my race parts(17" wheels,Akropovic exhaust,etc) When I was roadracing my LC4 10 years ago.I think they are top notch.Bob Merkel
Oldebonz is offline   Reply With Quote