Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
quasi_inrem OP
And then suddenly....

Oddometer: 414
Question Outland Moto Magazine Reader Survey: Please Help

Hello all,

At Outland Moto Magazine, we are always looking at the best ways to provide you content. Currently, our magazine is available for the iPad and iPhone in quarterly issues. And, for those of you that do not know, it is free to all.

We offer rich media and original content in our magazine. For that reason, the file size of the magazine can get large, especially for the iPad. For example, our current iPad issue is 200+ megabytes. The iPhone version is manageable due to the smaller screen.

Our question is this. Would you rather have a longer magazine to download each quarter, or would you like a shorter magazine more frequently throughout the year?

Delivering content over this platform is different than print and we want to be sure that we are providing it in a way that is useful to you. So please reply here if you can. We really do appreciate it, and we appreciate you downloading the magazine.

Jim Vota - Editor
quasi_inrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,366
I can't comment on anything Apple related, since I don't (and won't) own any. How about providing your mag on Android? It seems that you are missing out on a huge market.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 7,426
I would vote for more content, delivered monthly . . . . . but I am, er, "experienced" enough that I am very used to that model from print publications . . .

my kid, late 20s,, would likely vote for greater frequency, perhaps even an RSS feed . . . . . .

I guess it boils down to what you CAN do, and who your market looks like ;-}
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
quasi_inrem OP
And then suddenly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
I can't comment on anything Apple related, since I don't (and won't) own any. How about providing your mag on Android? It seems that you are missing out on a huge market.
We are working on just that. We are delivering the magazine in phases. Out first phase was the iPad. Then this month we released the iPhone version. We hope to have our next issue available for Android and Kindle. That will be in June. So you comments are well received! Thanks for commenting!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
quasi_inrem OP
And then suddenly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
I would vote for more content, delivered monthly . . . . . but I am, er, "experienced" enough that I am very used to that model from print publications . . .

my kid, late 20s,, would likely vote for greater frequency, perhaps even an RSS feed . . . . . .

I guess it boils down to what you CAN do, and who your market looks like ;-}
In the long term, we hope to be doing just what you stated, more content, more frequently. Since we are just starting out, we want to be sure that the magazine is fed regularly. Once we find enough people wanting to contribute articles (hint hint), we will definitely increase frequency.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi_inrem View Post
We are working on just that. We are delivering the magazine in phases. Out first phase was the iPad. Then this month we released the iPhone version. We hope to have our next issue available for Android and Kindle. That will be in June. So you comments are well received! Thanks for commenting!
Great! I'll watch for the release.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
Clay Spinner
Woodfire or Bust

Oddometer: 578
I'd be inclined to go for more content... less frequent at the moment then once things pick up publish as content dictates. The problem with frequent and less content is that I would get quickly bored as there would be nothing to read and as such may not as eagerly look forward to the next one... it would become a bit like a commercial instead of an hour long documentary!
Clay Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
quasi_inrem OP
And then suddenly....

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Spinner View Post
I'd be inclined to go for more content... less frequent at the moment then once things pick up publish as content dictates. The problem with frequent and less content is that I would get quickly bored as there would be nothing to read and as such may not as eagerly look forward to the next one... it would become a bit like a commercial instead of an hour long documentary!
Great point!! That's what we we thinking when we started this. But we figured it would be good to poll the people that might be reading the content. Thanks for the excellent feedback. We really appreciate this.