ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #31
ZequeArgentina
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 157
Quin Cody is joining the Spedbrain team for the Qatar Sealine round (stated in PR report from Speedbrain themselves).


Rgarding Honda, and HRC, not very clear for the moment.

By the way Pizzolito is againg racing for Honda Argentina with this usual co rider Pablo Pizzolito with the locally developed CRF 450 rally. (this weekend, forst round of national cross country championship)
He mentioned to be planing an international race "later in the year".
e is planning surgery as soosn as possible (to remove a "screw" in his forearm, result of his fall in Dakar 2012) and be ready for Dakar Series Desafio Ruta 40 in July.
My understanding is that his international round will be just with the new HRC bikes in Morocco or Egypt this year.
ZequeArgentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
too old OP
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
There are some interesting rumblings. Apparently the HRC representation in Abu Dhabi is very light on Japanese personnel .
Very light = 0

Think they are working on the new bike and learning French
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #33
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Very light = 0

Think they are working on the new bike and learning French
Tell me about it.

__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #34
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,623
Made this a sticky for the duration of the rally. We'll use this thread for the day to day results and all talk regarding the ADDC.
__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #35
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Balkan
Oddometer: 844
That's a very telling image.

Strange behavior by HRC in any case ... Hopefully they are all spinning wrenches on a new bike.
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #36
too old OP
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,378
Race day is here, well the Super Special or Prologue and a chance for the spectators to have a look at the "runners and riders"

Could be a little interest though, as in an effort to stop riders deliberately posting slow times to get a lower start position they have allowed the top 10 to chose their start positions on day 1
Best not be 11th though, unless you want the honour of starting SS1 first.

I'll nip over to Yas and have a look with Mrs. Too Old and Junior (4 legged variety that is) and cheer on Sam before what could be a defining point in his career.

It's been two years now since he burst onto the rally scene at just 22 with 2 stage and 2 top 10 finishes in the 2011 rally, to be scuppered courtesy of an over cooked engined on day 3.

This was followed by him qualifying for the Loretta's in the States on a borrowed bike which let him down in the finals, an Ozzie Safari with 3 stage wins but a second best bout with a Roo, a 7th on the first stage in Dakar 2012, but 2 stator failures on stage 2 and out.
A 13th in Sardinia last year was an achievement after being dumped with a 75th start position and a Rally where overtaking was at times impossible and a top 10 in Morocco 2012 a reasonable effort after a few bike issues.

Dakar 2013 was hit through injury, but he is now fit and raring to go and hopefully what could be turning out to have been a development project will serve him well for the next 6 days - he needs a bloody break at last

Come race time on the first 2 stages I'll be quiet as I am travelling for work, but hopefully for stage 3 I'll be back real time, although a bit wearily having been in the air for 2 nights out of 3.

Go Sam and Helder and all the Honda Rally team.

More Honda's than KTM's in this ones, will be interesting to see the line up on Thursday!
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #37
too old OP
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
That's a very telling image.

Strange behavior by HRC in any case ... Hopefully they are all spinning wrenches on a new bike.
It is an HRC sanctioned participation, but they are saying very little - f**k all in fact
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #38
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Race day is here, well the Super Special or Prologue and a chance for the spectators to have a look at the "runners and riders"

Could be a little interest though, as in an effort to stop riders deliberately posting slow times to get a lower start position they have allowed the top 10 to chose their start positions on day 1
Best not be 11th though, unless you want the honour of starting SS1 first.

I'll nip over to Yas and have a look with Mrs. Too Old and Junior (4 legged variety that is) and cheer on Sam before what could be a defining point in his career.

It's been two years now since he burst onto the rally scene at just 22 with 2 stage and 2 top 10 finishes in the 2011 rally, to be scuppered courtesy of an over cooked engined on day 3.

This was followed by him qualifying for the Loretta's in the States on a borrowed bike which let him down in the finals, an Ozzie Safari with 3 stage wins but a second best bout with a Roo, a 7th on the first stage in Dakar 2012, but 2 stator failures on stage 2 and out.
A 13th in Sardinia last year was an achievement after being dumped with a 75th start position and a Rally where overtaking was at times impossible and a top 10 in Morocco 2012 a reasonable effort after a few bike issues.

Dakar 2013 was hit through injury, but he is now fit and raring to go and hopefully what could be turning out to have been a development project will serve him well for the next 6 days - he needs a bloody break at last

Come race time on the first 2 stages I'll be quiet as I am travelling for work, but hopefully for stage 3 I'll be back real time, although a bit wearily having been in the air for 2 nights out of 3.

Go Sam and Helder and all the Honda Rally team.

More Honda's than KTM's in this ones, will be interesting to see the line up on Thursday!
The Ben Spies of rally with that kind of luck.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #39
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,623


Apr 6, 2013 | Live From The Super Special Stage at #abudhabidesertchallenge #random #mustwach by desertchallenge on Keek.com

__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #40
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,623
Helder's ADDC bike. Time to open a Dakar pic and start comparing mods...

__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #41
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,623
Looks like Abu-Issa won the stage with Sam in 2nd, Helder 3rd, Barreda 5th, Coma in 10th, Goncalves in 12th, and Chavo in 20th.
__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #42
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Balkan
Oddometer: 844
It seems there will be some coverage on Eurosport1:

GMT: 23:30
CET: 22:30
RALLY RAID
Rally Raid: Abu Dhabi - Stage one: Part one (15min)

http://mypremium.tv/
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #43
too old OP
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Looks like Abu-Issa won the stage with Sam in 2nd, Helder 3rd, Barreda 5th, Coma in 10th, Goncalves in 12th, and Chavo in 20th.
They seem have the quads mixed in - were you down there Chris?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #44
too old OP
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,378
Exhaust for 1
Attached Images
 
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #45
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Looks really muggy down there...

__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014