Old 03-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #2851
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by chammyman View Post
I saw you with the camera.

I was waving at you.

Tatty red cbx, black helmet red jacket. You may have a pic of me.

Hi mate, sorry just looked through the rest of the pics and can't see a CBX in them....and sorry if I wasn't waving back, everyone was waving and I was trying to concentrate on catching decent pics by panning with the passing bikes to stop blurring.
Looks like it was a good run today and although it was cold at least it stayed dry for you all.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #2852
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Looking good.......

...btw are you a Die Antwoord fan ? They have a pretty 'unique' style.
Cheers, mate.
That was on Maui last December. We rented Fat Boys for 2 days and rode across the island. Amazing roads and secenery there. Can't turn these monsters, though. I scratched the footrests in EVERY corner and got lots of bewildered looks for that. They're not used to that kinda riding.
Although I gotta say that Maui has a proper sports bike scene. I was there for the Toy Run. Gotta post some pics once I find them!

And aye, I love them! Didn't think anyone would recognise the quote. Hope you also know what it means!
I'm TOTALLY in love with Yo-Landi Vi$$er. She's so incredibly gorgeous.

BTW, I had my first ride this year yesterday! Second one today. Almost no snow anymore and roads are clean and dry. There was even plenty of sun today, so it must have been around 7°C. Just great.

Cheers!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #2853
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Cheers, mate.
That was on Maui last December. We rented Fat Boys for 2 days and rode across the island. Amazing roads and secenery there. Can't turn these monsters, though. I scratched the footrests in EVERY corner and got lots of bewildered looks for that. They're not used to that kinda riding.
Although I gotta say that Maui has a proper sports bike scene. I was there for the Toy Run. Gotta post some pics once I find them!

And aye, I love them! Didn't think anyone would recognise the quote. Hope you also know what it means!
I'm TOTALLY in love with Yo-Landi Vi$$er. She's so incredibly gorgeous.

BTW, I had my first ride this year yesterday! Second one today. Almost no snow anymore and roads are clean and dry. There was even plenty of sun today, so it must have been around 7°C. Just great.

Cheers!

Lol! - Recognise the 'quote'...yeah it's something close to 'FYYFF'
I do like their distinctive 'Zef style' and I really liked 'Enter the Ninja' which brought them to my attention a few years ago...as for Yo-Landi being gorgeous? ...hmmm she is one of those women you can't make your mind up about ...not traditionally 'good looking' but there is something about her.....probably her 'spirited' attitude?

Sounds like a great holiday riding Fat Boys on Maui ! I know what you mean about the 'scraping footpegs' problem, I had it when I rode the V-Rod here...... was still a 'hoot' though - plenty of 'grunt'.

Good to hear your riding season has started... still waiting here ...but should be any Sunday soon....
Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 AM   #2854
Rodder066
Gotta Ride

Oddometer: 12
Just another Aussie

Hey Kamchat,

Been following your awesome thread for awhile now and thought i better get of my behind and thank you for the great photography and sharing your world. Your threads almost become bedtime reading. I've driven some of your roads and now I just want to get back over and get on two wheels this time. Been exploring Scotland through your camera lens and taking many notes. Keep up the great work when it warms up and don't ever put that camera down.

Cheers.

Ps. Not sure what's going on with that Die Antword. Strangely alluring and worrying. Especially from a metal head like me.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #2855
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodder066 View Post
Hey Kamchat,

Been following your awesome thread for awhile now and thought i better get of my behind and thank you for the great photography and sharing your world. Your threads almost become bedtime reading. I've driven some of your roads and now I just want to get back over and get on two wheels this time. Been exploring Scotland through your camera lens and taking many notes. Keep up the great work when it warms up and don't ever put that camera down.

Cheers.

Ps. Not sure what's going on with that Die Antword. Strangely alluring and worrying. Especially from a metal head like me.

Thanks for posting it's great to know you have enjoyed the thread...and yes, I can't wait to get out riding and snapping pics again...this winter seems to have gone on forever (over 5 month's now). But it must be 'game on' again anytime soon.

Hope to see you back on these roads some day....and if you want any help or info for your trip just let me know.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #2856
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
agree Kam!!!

This winter is horribly long!!! so hard and we are waiting snow here again...

need to ride too.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #2857
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Quote:
Lol! - Recognise the 'quote'...yeah it's something close to 'FYYFF'
I do like their distinctive 'Zef style' and I really liked 'Enter the Ninja' which brought them to my attention a few years ago...as for Yo-Landi being gorgeous? ...hmmm she is one of those women you can't make your mind up about ...not traditionally 'good looking' but there is something about her.....probably her 'spirited' attitude?
Agreed. I also love the Zef style and their whole attitude. And Yo-Landi, well, she's a "love it or hate it" type. I love her. I think she's beautiful and extremely "cool". And her voice just gives me the creeps... in a positive way.
Yep, the translation is pretty correct. That's why I like it. Fits the ADV spirit.

Quote:
Sounds like a great holiday riding Fat Boys on Maui ! I know what you mean about the 'scraping footpegs' problem, I had it when I rode the V-Rod here...... was still a 'hoot' though - plenty of 'grunt'.
Maui is just AMAZING. Best thing I've ever done. Breathtaking landscapes and the most realxed atmosphere you can imagine. Great climate as well. I'll definitely go back one day. And yeah, the 1600cc V-Twin has "some" grunt.. Traffic lights become fun.

Quote:
Good to hear your riding season has started... still waiting here ...but should be any Sunday soon....
I decided to ignore the winter from now on and started taking the bike to work again. 0 °C in the morning is not exactly warm, but with proper clothes no problem. At least the snow is really gone. I enjoy my viffer!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:37 AM   #2858
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Quote:
Mind you, I'm a fricken metalhead as well. As metalhead as it can be.
I usually HATE hip-hop, rap and all kinds of electronic music, but Die Antwoord is just SO great. DJ Hi-Tek's beats just blow you away. And as I said, their style and attitude is unique. Like it.

Anyway, stay metal, mate!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #2859
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Mind you, I'm a fricken metalhead as well. As metalhead as it can be.
I usually HATE hip-hop, rap and all kinds of electronic music, but Die Antwoord is just SO great. DJ Hi-Tek's beats just blow you away. And as I said, their style and attitude is unique. Like it.

Anyway, stay metal, mate!
will go to see Maiden and Rammstein soon
Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #2860
Rodder066
Gotta Ride

Oddometer: 12
Metal and bikes good combo

Now Bubu you are just making me jealous. Long time since Rammstein hit Aussie shores.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #2861
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Now Bubu you are just making me jealous. Long time since Rammstein hit Aussie shores.
just saw them in 2010, 2011, 2012, and ... will see them in june 2013
Old 04-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #2862
wyno
guzzi 750

Oddometer: 98
Now you're making me jealous too. Seeing them live every year is just not fair. I have to rely on cd and you tube.
wyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #2863
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyno View Post
Now you're making me jealous too. Seeing them live every year is just not fair. I have to rely on cd and you tube.
2012 saw them at Paris Bercy with Dark stars in first part!!! SOOOO GOOOOOOODDDDD
Old 04-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #2864
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
will go to see Maiden and Rammstein soon
C'est pas trop mal ça.
Moi j'ai décidé... oh, pardon me..

I've decided against going to see Maiden on their Maiden England Tour this year. I don't know, I just prefer the small gigs. Those big open airs are just not the right thing. For me.
So far I've seen Korpiklaani, Alestorm and Ex Deo this year. Will go to 3 concerts - Stratovarius, Eluveitie and Moonspell - this month!
As for Rammstein, I've seen them twice in Berlin. Nothing like their home concerts. I've seen the guys quite often while I was living in Berlin, they were living not far from me. Nice fellas.
\m/

Old 04-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #2865
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
C'est pas trop mal ça.
Moi j'ai décidé... oh, pardon me..

I've decided against going to see Maiden on their Maiden England Tour this year. I don't know, I just prefer the small gigs. Those big open airs are just not the right thing. For me.
So far I've seen Korpiklaani, Alestorm and Ex Deo this year. Will go to 3 concerts - Stratovarius, Eluveitie and Moonspell - this month!
As for Rammstein, I've seen them twice in Berlin. Nothing like their home concerts. I've seen the guys quite often while I was living in Berlin, they were living not far from me. Nice fellas.
\m/
why not meet us in one of this great moment?