ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #91
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 168
Thumb Lovin' it...

Filling up my DS Weekends calendar nicely ...

Goodbye to April Pauchaug Dualspork, Pauchaug State Forest, CT: April 26-28

Berkshire Big Adventure Ride, Tolland, MA: May 18, 19

Smokin Hole Rally, Jim Thorpe, PA: June 1-3

Probably do a Solo run of the Trans New Jersey Trail (For those that don't know this one, believe it or not, it takes four - yes "4" - days to ride this backroads and lottsa-NJ-Pine-Barrens-sand trail... . Purposely designed as a VERY circuitous route... )

BK.RDRun Version 5.0, Catskills, NY: August 17, 18 - Love the Catskills and BIG Thanks to Fran!

Color in the Catskills, Hunter Mountain, NY: October 5, 6 (In case you haven't been, they lead multiple rides daily, up to the top of Hunter Mountain on your own DS/Dirt Bike AND every hour, on the hour, they have about 20 Beemer Demo's that they lead on 45 minute "spirited" Test Rides on some nice twisty sweepers --- courtesy of MAXBMW --- Long story I won't get into here, but this will be my 4th year, but my first with my Husky TE610 (on my Honda Shadow ACE years past). Riding to the top of Hunter and looking down from the summit will be a "Triumphant Moment of Closure" for me --- sounds very dramatic, I know...

In short, I'm looking forward to a riding season full of and I'm sure a little and yeah, some

I'm sure I'll run into a few of you somewhere along the way between now and August 17th...

Until then
Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #92
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
This will be a good time guys. We have been having these for years and they always bring out good food and good laughs with some great riding!

Doesn't matter what you bring as long as it's registered and you'll have terrain to ride on. Shit, bring Brent, Nick, and Nicks' neighbor down ( young kid w/ a 2 smoke KTM ).

Our gun laws are fucked but we can still ride for now at least!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #93
Rodknee
Aggrivator

Oddometer: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Boy, a couple of little Kia cracks, and somebody gets butthurt all over again.

it's ok, i am secure enough in my manhood to drive a kia. you on the other hand...
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #94
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by COorbust View Post
Filling up my DS Weekends calendar nicely ...

Goodbye to April Pauchaug Dualspork, Pauchaug State Forest, CT: April 26-28

Berkshire Big Adventure Ride, Tolland, MA: May 18, 19

Smokin Hole Rally, Jim Thorpe, PA: June 7,8, 9

Probably do a Solo run of the Trans New Jersey Trail (For those that don't know this one, believe it or not, it takes four - yes "4" - days to ride this backroads and lottsa-NJ-Pine-Barrens-sand trail... . Purposely designed as a VERY circuitous route... )

BK.RDRun Version 5.0, Catskills, NY: August 17, 18 - Love the Catskills and BIG Thanks to Fran!

Color in the Catskills, Hunter Mountain, NY: October 5, 6 (In case you haven't been, they lead multiple rides daily, up to the top of Hunter Mountain on your own DS/Dirt Bike AND every hour, on the hour, they have about 20 Beemer Demo's that they lead on 45 minute "spirited" Test Rides on some nice twisty sweepers --- courtesy of MAXBMW --- Long story I won't get into here, but this will be my 4th year, but my first with my Husky TE610 (on my Honda Shadow ACE years past). Riding to the top of Hunter and looking down from the summit will be a "Triumphant Moment of Closure" for me --- sounds very dramatic, I know...

In short, I'm looking forward to a riding season full of and I'm sure a little and yeah, some

I'm sure I'll run into a few of you somewhere along the way between now and August 17th...

Until then

I fixed it for you

link V8.13 Smokin Hole

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861665
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #95
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommu56 View Post
I fixed it for you

link V8.13 Smokin Hole

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861665
THANK YOU for the "fix" ! Not only is it good to have the CORRECT June 6, 7, 8th dates listed for Smokin' Hole, but those dates even work BETTER for me than 1st-3rd. Thought I was going to have to shift a bunch of stuff around, but now I don't have too --- Great news!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #96
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Eh?

OK. ONE last try here: June 7, 8, 9!!!

Can I take my off now???

Quote:
Originally Posted by COorbust View Post
THANK YOU for the "fix" ! Not only is it good to have the CORRECT June 6, 7, 8th dates listed for Smokin' Hole, but those dates even work BETTER for me than 1st-3rd. Thought I was going to have to shift a bunch of stuff around, but now I don't have too --- Great news!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #97
ny-wolcott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny-wolcott View Post
i see that there might be an interest in a pavement ride option. If so, i'd be happy to lead, but:

Group size - no more than 6 bikes.
Bike types - sport bikes, sport tourers, gs types, supemotos, sporty standards, etc. Sorry, but cruisers and big tourers would not be comfortable.
Gear- full protective gear (full face helmets, leather or fabric protective riding suits, boots, gloves) no levis, sneakers.
Tires - good condition. Plan on 300-400 miles of fast riding, possibly more depending on the group.

I ride in a spirited, but not over-the-top manner. I cruise at anywhere up to 70 mph (75 on your speedo 'cause its off by 10%). The nysp gives you 15 over the limit before ticketing. Can't vouch for sheriffs or locals. I do pass on the double yellow if conditions are comfortable. If this makes you nervous, don't join us.

General rules: Basically as stated in the old motorcyclist article titled "the pace" by nick ianatsh. No racing. Smooth but quick.stay in you lane (or consider it a crash). If you don't like to ride behind whoever's in front of you, reposition at a stop. You're responsible for the rider behind you. If you lose him, wait for him, etc. The next rider up should do the same for you. Regroup at all road changes.

If you're comfortable with all this, i'll lead you on some great twisty paved roads through several counties.

Ride is cancelled if it rains.

Of course, all this has to meet with fran's approval.

Edit---
got fran's approval.

Will do a sign-up post a couple weeks before the ride.
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #98
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny-wolcott View Post
Bump
Hey Dick, I'll probably be in for this.
tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #99
Wreckster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Just traded the KLR on a good shape FZR600 a week ago. Sounds like I'm in for the street ride granted I feel comfortable enough for a spirited group. Been a long time since I've rode street with other riders.
Wreckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #100
rainmaker8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
eager to ride it again

... except this time I'll bring the right eye protection / helmet combination !

I'll be right there on your dual sport ride. Thank you in advance for all your hard work in organizing this.

Oh, and Count me in for the recon rides!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
* THIS IS AN INFORMAL GROUP RIDE. SHOW UP WITH YOUR BUDDIES, AND GO*

Here we go again!

2) After attempting to organize an A/B ride format for the last 2 years, It seems that may not be the best solution. Between my confusing routes, and not having someone with an intimate level of local knowledge to lead the second group, the feedback I have gotten is that format has lead to some frustration for folks...

---So, I will be planning and leading one ride, each day, just like years past. You are welcome to follow me/ that group, if you like. The pace is likely to be brisk, possibly spirited at times.

Recon rides will be Wednesdays and or Sundays this year if anyone wants to tag along, or show me around some new roads (or trails ).

rainmaker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #101
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,188
Does anyone have a connection to some ADVrider people near Barcelona, Spain?
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #102
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,279
Check the hub on HU
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #103
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,188