ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #1996
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,359
Yamaha Confirms MotoGP Engine Lease Agreement

Doha (Qatar), 6th April 2013

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd can confirm it has entered into an agreement with the MotoGP World Championship Promoter, Dorna Sports S.L., to supply YZR-M1 engines on an annual lease basis to participating teams in the MotoGP Championship.

The initial program will operate for the 2014-15-16 seasons.

The agreement comes as a result of Yamaha’s work with Dorna and the sport’s governing body, the FIM, to further promote the MotoGP World Championship.

The lease agreement facilitates an increase in competitive engines being available for teams competing in the premier class. The teams will then be free to develop their own bikes around the Yamaha engine or contract an independent chassis manufacturer to construct the complete bike.

Full details of the engine lease supply offer will be available shortly to serious prospective enquirers.

Interested teams are requested to contact Dorna or Yamaha Motor Racing directly.
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #1997
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi_girl View Post
Well, I have my video pass and I have Apple TV. Can't wait for the race tomorrow, hoping for some great battles. So how do I set up the air-play between my iPad and appleTV?
I'm not in front of mine but if I remember its setup and then "air play" then follow simple online instructions.. Any video will have a small arrow in the lower right, hit that and whatever it on your device will be transferred over to your TV.

Oh and newer Macs will directly share the screen so no need for a mini mac.. unless you alreasdy have the cool little toy..
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #1998
tinhead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tinhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Riot Corner, CT
Oddometer: 192
I'm wondering if the motors in Yamaha's engine lease agreement will be doled out solely by Yamaha or if Dorna will stick their fingers into the allocation?

I'm American, I'm a homer, it'd be real cool if Stanboli's Attack team snags one and puts Nicky on the bike!
tinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #1999
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,509
I'm already trying to convince myself I "need" a MacBook Air. Now this.

Time to go shopping.
__________________
...Richard
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #2000
kawi_girl
Adventurer
 
kawi_girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
Should be automatic. Press the 'swoosh arrow' icon on your iPad and it gives you the option of playing back on the Pad or Apple TV. That's it!!
..and it's done! Wow, this is great! Thanks. Pumped for tomorrow's race
__________________
Current Ride: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

Previous Ride: 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500ex
kawi_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #2001
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhead View Post
I'm wondering if the motors in Yamaha's engine lease agreement will be doled out solely by Yamaha or if Dorna will stick their fingers into the allocation?

I'm American, I'm a homer, it'd be real cool if Stanboli's Attack team snags one and puts Nicky on the bike!
Why do you hate Nicky?
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #2002
azkiwi
message in a bottle
 
azkiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate AZ
Oddometer: 9,135
Dovizioso Out-Qualifies Rossi

Irony abounds:

1 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1:54.714
2 Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:54.916
3 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:55.151
4 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team Ducati 1:55.160
5 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda Honda 1:55.477
6 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:55.645
7 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1:55.711
8 Alvaro Bautista Go&Fun Honda Gresini Honda 1:55.870
9 Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:56.315
10 Andrea Iannone Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 1:56.523
11 Nicky Hayden Ducati Team Ducati 1:56.667
12 Aleix Espargaro Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:57.064
13 Andrea Iannone Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 1:57.203
14 Ben Spies Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 1:57.440
15 Randy De Puniet Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:57.551
16 Lukas Pesek Came Iodaracing Project Ioda-Suter 1:57.926
17 Yonny Hernandez Paul Bird Motorsport ART 1:58.058
18 Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia Blusens FTR 1:58.263
19 Colin Edwards NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 1:58.271
20 Danilo Petrucci Came Iodaracing Project Ioda-Suter 1:58.361
__________________

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #2003
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Kropotkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Dieren, The Low Low Lands of Holland
Oddometer: 7,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Yamaha Confirms MotoGP Engine Lease Agreement

Doha (Qatar), 6th April 2013

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd can confirm it has entered into an agreement with the MotoGP World Championship Promoter, Dorna Sports S.L., to supply YZR-M1 engines on an annual lease basis to participating teams in the MotoGP Championship.

The initial program will operate for the 2014-15-16 seasons.

The agreement comes as a result of Yamaha’s work with Dorna and the sport’s governing body, the FIM, to further promote the MotoGP World Championship.

The lease agreement facilitates an increase in competitive engines being available for teams competing in the premier class. The teams will then be free to develop their own bikes around the Yamaha engine or contract an independent chassis manufacturer to construct the complete bike.

Full details of the engine lease supply offer will be available shortly to serious prospective enquirers.

Interested teams are requested to contact Dorna or Yamaha Motor Racing directly.
Not just engines, will be complete bikes, with chassis built by outside firms.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #2004
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,078
So Honda is also trying to get their customer lease bikes done right? Behind schedule I think. Add suzuki and it seems like we are well on the way to goodbye CRT.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #2005
Fajita Dave
Studly Adventurer
 
Fajita Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Barboursville, VA
Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
So Honda is also trying to get their customer lease bikes done right? Behind schedule I think. Add suzuki and it seems like we are well on the way to goodbye CRT.
That kind of sucks. Even though they were slower I was starting to feel like the CRTs were more of a "prototype" than the factory machines. Eh, I guess the CRTs could be considered more of a frankenbike than a prototype.
__________________
2008 GSXR 600
2001 CR250R


Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #2006
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajita Dave View Post
That kind of sucks. Even though they were slower I was starting to feel like the CRTs were more of a "prototype" than the factory machines. Eh, I guess the CRTs could be considered more of a frankenbike than a prototype.
They will still be legal. But will they be competitive with the production Honda and the Yamahybrid?

The Aprilia is still the yard stick.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #2007
kawi_girl
Adventurer
 
kawi_girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
Irony abounds:

1 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1:54.714
2 Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:54.916
3 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:55.151
4 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team Ducati 1:55.160
5 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda Honda 1:55.477
6 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:55.645
7 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1:55.711
8 Alvaro Bautista Go&Fun Honda Gresini Honda 1:55.870
9 Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:56.315
10 Andrea Iannone Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 1:56.523
11 Nicky Hayden Ducati Team Ducati 1:56.667
12 Aleix Espargaro Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:57.064
13 Andrea Iannone Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 1:57.203
14 Ben Spies Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 1:57.440
15 Randy De Puniet Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:57.551
16 Lukas Pesek Came Iodaracing Project Ioda-Suter 1:57.926
17 Yonny Hernandez Paul Bird Motorsport ART 1:58.058
18 Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia Blusens FTR 1:58.263
19 Colin Edwards NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 1:58.271
20 Danilo Petrucci Came Iodaracing Project Ioda-Suter 1:58.361
Qualifying means nothing to Rossi.
He's BACK.
What a race.
__________________
Current Ride: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

Previous Ride: 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500ex
kawi_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #2008
tinhead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tinhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Riot Corner, CT
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
They will still be legal. But will they be competitive with the production Honda and the Yamahybrid?

The Aprilia is still the yard stick.
I'm a bit unclear about the fuel and engine rules for 2014 across the types of bikes. Will a Yamaha engine in a "private" chassis have to carry the same fuel as a Honda "production" racer? Will it depend on whether a standard ECU is used? 5 motors per season, 6, or 12? 20 liters of fuel, 21, or 24?

The permutations are staggering.
tinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #2009
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Kropotkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Dieren, The Low Low Lands of Holland
Oddometer: 7,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhead View Post
I'm a bit unclear about the fuel and engine rules for 2014 across the types of bikes. Will a Yamaha engine in a "private" chassis have to carry the same fuel as a Honda "production" racer? Will it depend on whether a standard ECU is used? 5 motors per season, 6, or 12? 20 liters of fuel, 21, or 24?

The permutations are staggering.
It's simple. There are two classes of entry: 1. MSMA entries (e.g. factory-backed), and 2. Non-MSMA entries.

MSMA entries are free to write their own software for the spec ECU. In exchange, they get 5 engines and 20 liters of fuel.

Non-MSMA entries use the spec software and spec hardware for the ECU, and get 24 liters of fuel and 12 engines.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #2010
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
It's simple. There are two classes of entry: 1. MSMA entries (e.g. factory-backed), and 2. Non-MSMA entries.

MSMA entries are free to write their own software for the spec ECU. In exchange, they get 5 engines and 20 liters of fuel.

Non-MSMA entries use the spec software and spec hardware for the ECU, and get 24 liters of fuel and 12 engines.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014