ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #91
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Enforcement costs money, someone needs to pay for it,
There is a big difference between that and how the State of Washington uses WSP as a profitable revenue source.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #92
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer: 289
Alright

Who here voted?

George Carlin may have put it best;

"I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."

And when will Carlin get the recognition he deserves as one of our nations great minds?

Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #93
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
There is a big difference between that and how the State of Washington uses WSP as a profitable revenue source.
But its voluntary.

I like having "fun" as much as anybody else, but I've had only 1 moving violation in the past 20 years. A little bit of common sense, good judgment, and self control goes a long way.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #94
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
But its voluntary.

I like having "fun" as much as anybody else, but I've had only 1 moving violation in the past 20 years. A little bit of common sense, good judgment, and self control goes a long way.
I completely agree.

Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #95
PaperBoy
Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by yondering View Post
I like the one in Winthrop best.
Oroville has Officer Annie, in an old patrol car "manned" or "mannequined" by an old Resusci Annie (CPR training device). Uniform, blonde wig and OPD ballcap. She gets shuttled around town and works pretty well at slowing down cars and trucks speeding down US Hwy. 97. We've got lots of trucks coming from Canada and they don't always slow down to 25 mph thru town. Anyway, she's effective and so realistic people have been caught stopping to ask for information. Always slows me down when I see her and I think every once in awhile the chief sticks a patrol officer in the car that can breath on his own.
BMWMOA #142415
Valley BMW Riders member "Bigfoot"
PaperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #96
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by yondering View Post
I like the one in Winthrop best.
This one? Me too!

MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #97
Gramp-Z
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Not sure about how things work now , but 30 years ago all WSP motor officers were paid by the feds and had to write any infraction they saw . On the topic of this thread I will side against unmarked cars . Many years ago about a month after fixing my bike after getting rear ended I was passing a car on a divided roadway . As I was even with the car I saw car a coming up behind me rapidly . I downshifted and spun it up quickly and when I pulled into right lane the car behind was right up my ass . That is when I saw the grill lights and heard the crappy siren . The fine officer wrote me for 87 , he didn't even want to confirm that I had been run over 2 months before . Didn't care . A few years later I had 2 King County motor officers that were hidden in some brush up an old road write me for 80+ in a 45 because a white corvette passed me as I rode by their hideout . They didn't even see him , so when they pulled out all they saw was me . I have also witnessed an unmarked baiting people into breaking the law while they are out "catching" aggressive drivers . Got home and tried to call the local state patrol office but the number was disconnected . I just wish I was as good of driver as Windmill , I would have no worries ! Revenue NOT safety
Old Man plays with his Wee
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608068
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #98
tacosupreme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
I drive a lot. 500 mile days are not uncommon, average 1500 a week. I recently drove from Oregon to Kansas city, Mo and saw 4 cops. FOUR, the whole trip. Last week I drove from Pendleton, Or to Yakima and counted 9 in just a couple hours. I don't speed in the work truck, but WA has more cops per capita than anywhere I have ever been, and I've been to 27 countries and most states. It's only a matter of time before I get a ticket for something there.
tacosupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #99
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramp-Z View Post
Not sure about how things work now , but 30 years ago all WSP motor officers were paid by the feds and had to write any infraction they saw .
BS... I was in the WSP in the early eighties...

Phoenix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #100
Gramp-Z
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix101 View Post
BS... I was in the WSP in the early eighties...
I was NOT , that was the info I had been told as a Firefighter and Search and Rescue Diver . Thank you for straightening me out .
Old Man plays with his Wee
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608068
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote