Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #2296
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
I'm hoping for pay as you go Internet access.

Sick of paying for shit I never watch.
I'd be all over that. Hell, I would be happy with just a live audio feed. The live audio they used to do a few years ago was better than the next day video broadcast they did the day after, considering they cut and spliced and skipped actual racing in order to fit 2 hours of racing into 20 minutes and then filled the rest of the hour with crowd shots and r/c cars.

If they could manage a live video feed with good coverage, cut out the fluff that no one likes anyway and stick to good racing, I'd fork over money for that, either a lump sum for the season or a little more for individual races. The bandwidth and technology to set it up quickly and reliably for each event should make this a whole lot easier to pull off now than ever before. It's freaking 2013 after all.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
'12 Beta EVO 2
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #2297
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,619
Yeah,they do it for the euro series MX-Life TV
I watched the USGP on it a few years ago.
It was a good quality program.

http://www.mx-life.tv/

Not really news but CR22 is out for tonight.
I was surprised how fast he was rehabbing.
He is still driven to succeed.

I think you'll see him next round and he won't lose many positions in the season O/A.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #2298
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
I'm hoping for pay as you go Internet access.

Sick of paying for shit I never watch.
They have done that for outdoors, free internet live feed on Alisports (or whatever it's called), I liked that, half the commercials and when there were commercials on the Speed (FuelTV?) live feed the internet feed stayed on the race but no commentators, that was really good.

Hope they do that again this year.

I'm stuck with Speed for tonight, my trip to Houston didn't work out, oh well.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #2299
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
I'd be all over that. Hell, I would be happy with just a live audio feed. The live audio they used to do a few years ago was better than the next day video broadcast they did the day after, considering they cut and spliced and skipped actual racing in order to fit 2 hours of racing into 20 minutes and then filled the rest of the hour with crowd shots and r/c cars.

If they could manage a live video feed with good coverage, cut out the fluff that no one likes anyway and stick to good racing, I'd fork over money for that, either a lump sum for the season or a little more for individual races. The bandwidth and technology to set it up quickly and reliably for each event should make this a whole lot easier to pull off now than ever before. It's freaking 2013 after all.
Moto-GP.com does a bang up job for that series,full on coverage of every warm up,practice,qualifying,everything. Live coverage of all races.

Now they have a feature you can click to shut off announcers and listen to the engines or go on board at will,or from different angles,its pretty cool.
But then that's a big money sport.

Im not paying for 3 or 400 channels so I can watch supercross on cable as I dont watch TV.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #2300
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken View Post
wonder if someone else will broadcast ,,,,this sucks,,enjoy the live broadcast while you can,,

UPDATE! Here is whats happening with Fox Sports formerly Speed Channel for us Race fans in the US: Fox Sports Media Group announced it is relaunching the Speed channel as Fox Sports 1, shifting focus away from motorsports to more mainstream sports. Speed will officially change to Fox Sports 1 on Aug. 17, becoming a 24-hour sports channel competing against the likes of ESPN, the CBS Sports Network and the NBC Sports Network. The change had been rumored to be coming for some time now, gaining steam in October 2012 when Speed lost the U.S. broadcasting rights to Formula 1 racing. Speed also lost the rights to air World Superbike racing which has since been picked up by beIN Sport. Fox Sports 1 has already signed up the broadcast rights to a number of sports properties including college basketball, college football, soccer and UFC.
Yet another reason to not pay for cable . FOX is just another lame stick/ball sports carrier. Supercross continues to grow in popularity so they dump it right away.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #2301
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,429
So I don't spoil it for any one and they get there big girl panties in a bunch...

Lights was good, happy to see the guy who won finally do it and the guy who finished second sure tried hard and I don't really like the guy who finished 3rd but am happy that the points are where they are.

450's, The guy who won is just a machine but the guy who finished in 2nd is really picking up his speed and 3rd place for that guy is respectable and will give him confidence in the coming rounds. The other guy who used to be really fast but seems to fall way to much just doesn't have it any more?

Ok thats my PC race report, hope I didn't offend anybody(except that french guy who finished 3rd in the lights)
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #2302
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,265
Just put up the vid already...

D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #2303
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN! View Post
Dude, there's no denying live shots are quality.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #2304
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
The bandwidth and technology
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #2305
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
All I can say is,bring on the outdoors.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #2306
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
All I can say is,bring on the outdoors.
To be fair, that is all you ever say.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #2307
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
To be fair, that is all you ever say.

Hey at least you're fair.There's nothing left in this season,Villopoto is slowly but surely lengthening his point lead,Dungey is moving towards second,unless you're into the 250,s(I am)it's over.Next two races on network tv.Lets hope no more injuries and its a competitive outdoors.I'll be at Redbud,maybe Mt Morris.There's hardly any chatter about the race,actually Tyler Bowers was great in the 250s.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #2308
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN! View Post

But, stills from the TV, really?

Old 04-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #2309
Fajita Dave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
So it seems like the asterick medical crew is finally taking flug's advice . They were late arriving on the scene being careful to "not get involved with the race" AND they red flagged the race for a minor "looking" accident.

I hate seeing red flags but it is nice that they're finally taking the riders health more into consideration.

Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #2310
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
There's hardly any chatter about the race,actually Tyler Bowers was great in the 250s.
they keep getting better. Milsapps goes down in his heat race and passed most of the field by the end of the first lap he was cutting through them like a hot knife through butter. awesome racing I can' think of another sport where you can bring it into a stadium like that and be able to equal or even eclipse it's original. the only thing you can't do or have is big hills but all things considered for them to be able to get that level of riding inside a stadium is remarkable. those were serious whoops that lites rider (can't believe I used that term) who lost his transfer in the LCQ found out the hard way as did quite a few others. Villopotto looks to be firmly in the drivers seat the guy just does not settle for anything less than a win. I wonder what Kawasaki will do when it is time to resign him he'll want big $$$. incredible race I'm not a big fan of Wharton byt Musquin said twice in his post race interview that he was faster then them and he knew it but it looked to me like he finished 3rd. It's not over yet!