|04-08-2013, 10:52 AM||#1|
S'en fout la mort!
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Back in the SF Bay!
GMT Light Mount Remake - R1150
Since it took me well over 8 months before finding a set of GMT light mounts for my 1150 (thanks to MikeO in the UK for accepting a trade!), I was able to motivate a friend to make a batch in his state of the art machine shop located in Sunnyvale, California.
As you see from the photos below, these 10 pairs are an exact copy from the past versions JuanG (original design owner) and YBViking were able to make. The only difference is tied to a little (removable) pin added which will not allow the blinker to twist around the mount. The rest is identical with a superb finish! Mount your spot/ driving lights or mount a GoPro on these. Mount can be either under or above the blinker.
Price… After consulting with various parties, we have decided to set the price at $230 per pair shipped to the continental US. Cost will be $250 shipped international. Unfortunately, we were not able to offer a more competitive price. Explanation is primarily tied to the whole initial effort for the CAD design (started from scratch) + labor tied to a 3 steps CNC machine operation, material and surface treatment (expensive!). In addition, this is a small batch, therefore the overhead costs are added to this small volume, all made and hand finished in CA.
Now, like you, I have a “real job” and would like to sell these in a “coordinate fashion”… Since we have only 9 pairs left (one just sold and is heading to Australia), here is how it is going to work:
1) If you are “in”, call “dibs”, right here, now, on this thread below
2) Pm me immediately to let me know you want a set. I will check my pm every day after work (Pacific time)
3) I will answer all pm in the order received (time stamp on the thread should clarify who answered and when). Should a set be available, I will request immediate payment on my Paypal account. I will send you my address at that point. Should payment not be received within 24 hours from my reply, I will consider you no longer interested and therefore out.
4) Paypal payment received, I will confirm with you about the shipping address and will then ship USPS Priority (US) or international within 5 working days. For international, please clarify the declared value you wish to see on the customs form.
5) There are no “installation instructions”. I expect that all the combined ADV knowledge be enough to help those of you in need. I will of course do my best to assist in any way I can.
Depending on how this project goes (with minimal headaches?), we may decide to make another batch OR thinking of making copies of the Terranova bar for 1150 (with prior approval from Kaumajet).
Only considered trade (+$?) will be for a set of clean Stanton head guards…. It is the only desired/ left farkle for the 1150 I am missing… Thanks, Olivier
Below, prototype (before surface treatment) mounted above the blinker:
09 Yamaha 500 Tmax - Love it!
02 "BigTTine" 1150 GS Adv.
01 KTM 400 EXC
O-livier screwed with this post 04-09-2013 at 01:47 PM Reason: zeu english grammar...
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|