ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #2851
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Lol! - Recognise the 'quote'...yeah it's something close to 'FYYFF'
I do like their distinctive 'Zef style' and I really liked 'Enter the Ninja' which brought them to my attention a few years ago...as for Yo-Landi being gorgeous? ...hmmm she is one of those women you can't make your mind up about ...not traditionally 'good looking' but there is something about her.....probably her 'spirited' attitude?
Agreed. I also love the Zef style and their whole attitude. And Yo-Landi, well, she's a "love it or hate it" type. I love her. I think she's beautiful and extremely "cool". And her voice just gives me the creeps... in a positive way.
Yep, the translation is pretty correct. That's why I like it. Fits the ADV spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Sounds like a great holiday riding Fat Boys on Maui ! I know what you mean about the 'scraping footpegs' problem, I had it when I rode the V-Rod here...... was still a 'hoot' though - plenty of 'grunt'.
Maui is just AMAZING. Best thing I've ever done. Breathtaking landscapes and the most realxed atmosphere you can imagine. Great climate as well. I'll definitely go back one day. And yeah, the 1600cc V-Twin has "some" grunt.. Traffic lights become fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Good to hear your riding season has started... still waiting here ...but should be any Sunday soon....
I decided to ignore the winter from now on and started taking the bike to work again. 0 °C in the morning is not exactly warm, but with proper clothes no problem. At least the snow is really gone. I enjoy my viffer!
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #2852
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodder066 View Post
Ps. Not sure what's going on with that Die Antword. Strangely alluring and worrying. Especially from a metal head like me.
Mind you, I'm a fricken metalhead as well. As metalhead as it can be.
I usually HATE hip-hop, rap and all kinds of electronic music, but Die Antwoord is just SO great. DJ Hi-Tek's beats just blow you away. And as I said, their style and attitude is unique. Like it.

Anyway, stay metal, mate!
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #2853
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Mind you, I'm a fricken metalhead as well. As metalhead as it can be.
I usually HATE hip-hop, rap and all kinds of electronic music, but Die Antwoord is just SO great. DJ Hi-Tek's beats just blow you away. And as I said, their style and attitude is unique. Like it.

Anyway, stay metal, mate!
will go to see Maiden and Rammstein soon
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #2854
Rodder066
Gotta Ride
 
Rodder066's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Canberra (it's the capital son) Australia
Oddometer: 12
Metal and bikes good combo

Now Bubu you are just making me jealous. Long time since Rammstein hit Aussie shores.
__________________
Don't lecture me! I'm goin riding
Rodder066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #2855
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodder066 View Post
Now Bubu you are just making me jealous. Long time since Rammstein hit Aussie shores.
just saw them in 2010, 2011, 2012, and ... will see them in june 2013
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #2856
wyno
guzzi 750
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Canberra Oztralia
Oddometer: 99
Now you're making me jealous too. Seeing them live every year is just not fair. I have to rely on cd and you tube.
wyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #2857
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyno View Post
Now you're making me jealous too. Seeing them live every year is just not fair. I have to rely on cd and you tube.
2012 saw them at Paris Bercy with Dark stars in first part!!! SOOOO GOOOOOOODDDDD
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #2858
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
will go to see Maiden and Rammstein soon
C'est pas trop mal ça.
Moi j'ai décidé... oh, pardon me..

I've decided against going to see Maiden on their Maiden England Tour this year. I don't know, I just prefer the small gigs. Those big open airs are just not the right thing. For me.
So far I've seen Korpiklaani, Alestorm and Ex Deo this year. Will go to 3 concerts - Stratovarius, Eluveitie and Moonspell - this month!
As for Rammstein, I've seen them twice in Berlin. Nothing like their home concerts. I've seen the guys quite often while I was living in Berlin, they were living not far from me. Nice fellas.
\m/
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #2859
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
C'est pas trop mal ça.
Moi j'ai décidé... oh, pardon me..

I've decided against going to see Maiden on their Maiden England Tour this year. I don't know, I just prefer the small gigs. Those big open airs are just not the right thing. For me.
So far I've seen Korpiklaani, Alestorm and Ex Deo this year. Will go to 3 concerts - Stratovarius, Eluveitie and Moonspell - this month!
As for Rammstein, I've seen them twice in Berlin. Nothing like their home concerts. I've seen the guys quite often while I was living in Berlin, they were living not far from me. Nice fellas.
\m/
why not meet us in one of this great moment?
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #2860
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Well 'Hallelujah'! - Spring arrived at the weekend....kinda - not nice enough to organise a full ride-out (rain was forecast yesterday) ..but nice enough to snatch a couple of hours out yesterday afternoon...and damn! it felt good ....so nice to hear the Yoshis howl again and feel that lunge forward with every twist of the wrist.
I was like a gixxer junkie getting a first 'fix' after a long, long period of 'cold turkey'.

'Welcome back to butter' moments.


Yesterday afternoon :-



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #2861
pedroguzzi
Adventurer
 
pedroguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Catalunya (Europe)
Oddometer: 14
really very good picks , thanks
__________________
In two or three wheels around the world
pedroguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #2862
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
the weather seems very great.
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #2863
Guccikins
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Boness, Scotland
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Well 'Hallelujah'! - Spring arrived at the weekend....kinda - not nice enough to organise a full ride-out (rain was forecast yesterday) ..but nice enough to snatch a couple of hours out yesterday afternoon...and damn! it felt good ....so nice to hear the Yoshis howl again and feel that lunge forward with every twist of the wrist.
I was like a gixxer junkie getting a first 'fix' after a long, long period of 'cold turkey'.

'Welcome back to butter' moments.


Yesterday afternoon :-



You should text man, I was out getting a fix too lol. It was awesome to be back out. Looking forward to the first run. Right I'm off out again now as it my birthday and the suns out. Take care
Guccikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #2864
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroguzzi View Post
really very good picks , thanks

Cheers.....I'm really pleased you like them .
Thanks for the comment.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #2865
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
the weather seems very great.
The weather this 'spring' has been dreadful...this was a rare treat to get out for a couple of hours. We haven't started our normal ride-outs yet ...normally we would have started a month ago.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014