Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #241
Av8rPaul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Late to the thread here but... Rossi's charge was legendary stuff. To all the naysayers believing he was washed up...hardy har har. When he was about 3 seconds or so behind the gang of three you could see predator out for the kill. Absolutely joyful race to watch.

That being said, I hope Ducati can get their bikes up to speed.
IBA #33
KTM 950 Adventure, Buell 1125R, Ducati ST4S, BMW R100/7 (x2), Triumph T140E, Suzuki GS1100G, Yamaha SR500, Honda CB750K, and a bunch of dirt bikes...
Av8rPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #242
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rPaul View Post
Late to the thread here but... Rossi's charge was legendary stuff. To all the naysayers believing he was washed up...hardy har har. When he was about 3 seconds or so behind the gang of three you could see predator out for the kill. Absolutely joyful race to watch.
That race reminded me of Rossi's first couple of seasons on the 500. I don't remember specific races, but it seemed to be a regular occurrence for VR to come from somewhere way in the back and challenge for the win. It's great to see that he still has that, and it's great to see that MM has it too. Lorenzo and Pedrosa are fantastic riders, but really don't bring that "edge of your seat" spectating excitement for me very often. I'm hopeful that either VR or MM can do battle with Lorenzo like Rossi did a few years back.

Jorge Lorenzo was just about perfect yesterday. I'm really curious to see what happens when (if?) MM, VR or even CC start providing pressure. The Dani/Jorge battles somehow just lack excitement... almost too perfect maybe?
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #243
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
for posterity

It's been a while since my GF has heard me screaming at the tv and shouting wildly from excitement at a Moto GP race.

All thanks to Mr. Rossi

+ 2 !!!!!!

The Dr is IN !
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #244
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rPaul View Post
That being said, I hope Ducati can get their bikes up to speed.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #245
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Is it too early to pronounce Rossi as the champ?

Waaaay too early to pronounce. But not too early to bet!

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #246
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,350
Rossi did the business @ Qatar. Who knows, maybe he could´ve fought JLo, if he didn´t make that bad mistake early on? Equally possible he could´ve crashed out at that point (and now everyone would say forget him, he´s over the hill... )

Maybe this race, with the sand, and the new qualification system and all, did not give a clear indication of where exactly the top-4 really stand next to each other? And also Texas will be a fully new circuit, although the top guys have tested there not long ago. In fact Jerez could be the first “real” indicator.

I´m thinking first of all Pedro will up his game, A LOT, and JLo won´t be able to take so many runaway victories.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #247
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Lorenzo and Pedrosa are fantastic riders, but really don't bring that "edge of your seat" spectating excitement for me very often. I'm hopeful that either VR or MM can do battle with Lorenzo like Rossi did a few years back.

Jorge Lorenzo was just about perfect yesterday. I'm really curious to see what happens when (if?) MM, VR or even CC start providing pressure. The Dani/Jorge battles somehow just lack excitement... almost too perfect maybe?
That just about sums the last couple of seasons up perfectly.
Stoner had that edge too, and (bless him) Marco of course. But there just weren't enough to consistently provide good racing in the top class.
Now I am hopeful we have all the ingredients to make Moto GP as exciting as Moto2 and 3 have been.
Cal does seem to be there now, hopeful we finally have a Brit genuinely able to challenge for wins...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #248
ssason
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmills View Post
That just about sums the last couple of seasons up perfectly.
Stoner had that edge too, and (bless him) Marco of course. But there just weren't enough to consistently provide good racing in the top class.
Now I am hopeful we have all the ingredients to make Moto GP as exciting as Moto2 and 3 have been.
Cal does seem to be there now, hopeful we finally have a Brit genuinely able to challenge for wins...
Yeah, and hopeful some highlights from Stephan Bradl, maybe not to challenge for wins, but some podiums?!?

www.arcor-kompass-trophy.de
ssason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #249
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
it seemed to be a regular occurrence for VR to come from somewhere way in the back and challenge for the win. It's great to see that he still has that, and it's great to see that MM has it too.
Rossi didn't always qualify well, and if he did then he'd blow the start and get swamped - then we had the thrill of watching him work his way through the field. It was almost like he did it on purpose, all for the show. MotoGP needs riders like Rossi...and hopefully MM.
motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #250
DC2wheels OP
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
So your thinking a satellite team yamaha is faster then a factory Honda? Maybe he had top speed but acceleration is everything.
Having a jockey like Pedrosa pinning the throttle doesnt hurt much.
Neither of the Repsol pilots are carrying much excess body weight.

Could you imagine what Cal would have looked like on a 125?
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #251
Rajin Cajun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
I can't help but notice how Nicky looks so worn out now. Over the last couple of years he has always had an upbeat attitude but after watching his post-race interview at the Qatar race he looks so frustrated. I'm sure the fact that he was beaten by Dovi doesn't help but it looks like more than that to me. I'm really beginning to wonder what he knows and about the future of Audi/Ducati in MotoGP.... Maybe I'm just reading to much into it?
Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #252
Twinz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Maybe Nicky is just responding to more of the same old same old slow Ducati. I'd sure love to see him on a faster bike and be competitive once again.
'94 R1100RS, '84 R100CS, '76 R75/6 (S fairing)
'80 Guzzi V50 II, '73 Guzzi V7 Sport
Twinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #253
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
Maybe Nicky is just responding to more of the same old same old slow Ducati. I'd sure love to see him on a faster bike and be competitive once again.
The Ducati is plenty fast,it just doesnt have good front end grip and tends to dump it's pilots on their heads at the oddest moments. Some say if you can keep it pinned and ride at 10/10th's every second it may not throw you on the ground.

Nicky has been trying,maybe why hes looking worn out. It seems like a tough go to sign up for more of the same,maybe he knows something we dont.

Id like to see Nicky come back and run some Mile races,hes real good on dirt as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #254
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,187
A great race for 2nd.
"The Hammer" seems a suitable name for JLo. We'll see how he holds up in battle with Rossi and Marky over the season, unless he manages to 'Vettel' it and jump away at the start.
Rabbit starts will Pedrobot's only hope. He'll lose out in the fights, and there will be fights.
The Ducs will get better, but it'll be mid season when that happens.
Cal is going to just end up trying too hard on the slower bike.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #255
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,350
Check out Brno -12 last laps, if you think Pedro can't come on top in a dogfight these days.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote