Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #2821
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Adjusted my bars and levers tonight. Didn't take much adjustment to make it feel just right. Then went for a ride.

Got 118 miles on this tank so far, and yes it went to 1 bar at 106 again. Going to try and go 150. Last time at 116 miles it only took 2.4 gals to fill it back up.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #2822
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Adjusted my bars and levers tonight. Didn't take much adjustment to make it feel just right. Then went for a ride.

Got 118 miles on this tank so far, and yes it went to 1 bar at 106 again. Going to try and go 150. Last time at 116 miles it only took 2.4 gals to fill it back up.
I never had a bike with a gas gauge so I have been following your comments. I thought I read somewhere that once the last bar is used up it starts flashing red? Maybe I dreamed that I dont know. I can understand how the thing can drive you nuts.

How are the mirrors? They look like they are jacked up pretty high with long stems in the pics. Its the only oddity I see visually. Do they ever get blurry?
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #2823
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolves View Post
NOT so good...

Thanks for askin!

Anybody seen any COMPLETE reviews of this beauty???
No, and I have looked everywhere for a full report. Surely somebody will have one out soon enough.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #2824
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
All that google found have already been mentioned here. The ones from Kevin Ash, and motorcycle paradise have the most actually ridden info on them.
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #2825
lambotte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
I never had a bike with a gas gauge so I have been following your comments. I thought I read somewhere that once the last bar is used up it starts flashing red? Maybe I dreamed that I dont know. I can understand how the thing can drive you nuts.

How are the mirrors? They look like they are jacked up pretty high with long stems in the pics. Its the only oddity I see visually. Do they ever get blurry?
The mirrors are clear and provide a large view. They are very substantial with excellent chrome.

Kevin
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #2826
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Does anyone else have issues with the high beam? My woman and I went for a longer than planned ride and got home well after dark. I flicked on the high beam and was very disappointed.................it shines W I D E but not what I was expecting from a high beam on a motorcycle.
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #2827
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
BIKE magazine out of the UK published one the fullest early reviews of the CB1100 at 6 pages long. They absolutely gushed over the bike but provided no performance details. I don't think BIKE posts their print content online unfortunately.

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #2828
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:

I read in the O. M. its supposed to start flashing red with 8/10 gallon left..we shall see
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #2829
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plungerhead View Post
Does anyone else have issues with the high beam? My woman and I went for a longer than planned ride and got home well after dark. I flicked on the high beam and was very disappointed.................it shines W I D E but not what I was expecting from a high beam on a motorcycle.
Perhaps with the added weight on the back the headlight was aimed higher than it would riding solo. Please dont read anything into this statement other than simple physics.
This would then seem like it was not working properly. Headlights are seldom adjusted correctly straight out of the crate. The assymbler, unless checking it at night or in a darkened room, would not know if it was aimed correctly.
I'm sure in your owners manual there is some kind of mention on how to adjust it correctly.
Good luck!
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #2830
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plungerhead View Post

Take a couple wrenches that fit the bucket bolts out to a straight flat dark road.
Stop and flip on high beams. Adjust light so it shows you the longest view and tighten it up. Doesnt matter where low beam is, you dont need it when its dark, you need the high beam.

Yes a passenger will make the beam shine higher than ideal.

If you are going to ride 2 up primarily, set up high beam with passenger on back.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #2831
jamboa
jamboa

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck80mph View Post
Sounds as if you need to update your signature.
Well since U did I guess I will. When i am ready!!!! LOL!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #2832
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambotte View Post
I agree but I think the dart fly screen will look great and probably make 70 mph less difficult.

Kevin
The Dart small screen did virtually nothing for my Bonnie or Triumph Scrambler in the coverage dept.
U who want smaller screens may want to try Givi and color match it. I will do this maybe next year for now I am going with a cheap clear screen like the NC Plexifairing 2 or Plexifairing GT.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #2833
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:

They work great at 85.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #2834
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
Such a good looking bike shouldn't wear a big ugly windshield.
U should see my B King!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #2835
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
FWIW, I added the factory Touring Screen to my KTM 690 Duke. It is similar to a Dart, and all it did was move the wind force from my entire torso to a more concentrated place on my upper chest. It does keep some bugs off my jacket but creating an improved riding experience, it doesn't.
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote