ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #17881
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,322
F800gs?

Was someone riding in on a 800 BMW with barkbusters up Reilly rd this morning? Nice bike!
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #17882
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,375
There are a few F800GS's on Bragg. One black and yellow one that I see quite frequently. Sadly though, I don't know any of the pilots.

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #17883
Dirigo
Curious

Oddometer: 416
I went out for a run at lunch. Passed by the motorcycle parking area and saw a 1200 GS with ADV stickers on it. I jogged back inside and left a sticky note on the windshield. I've seen a few of the 800s riding to and from work, but that was the first bike I've seen with an ADV sticker. Guess I need to place a sticker order, just need to figure out how paypal works now..
Dirigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #17884
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

I just can't bring myself to put a sticker on a bike.

I fly my ADV flag on my helmet, in the form of a FYYFF sticker. If you are following close enough to read it, I've got something to tell you.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #17885
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
I went out for a run at lunch. Passed by the motorcycle parking area and saw a 1200 GS with ADV stickers on it. I jogged back inside and left a sticky note on the windshield. I've seen a few of the 800s riding to and from work, but that was the first bike I've seen with an ADV sticker. Guess I need to place a sticker order, just need to figure out how paypal works now..
What command did you see it parked at? Probably know who's it is. PM me if you don't want to name the command on the thread.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #17886
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

You know, there are quite a few inmates on post. Maybe we should consider doing an occasional lunch meetup.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #17887
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
You know, there are quite a few inmates on post. Maybe we should consider doing an occasional lunch meetup.

In other news, the barn door windscreen for the tenere showed up today. Up to 80mph (courtesy of a very friendly or very apathetic hoke county deputy) with visor up and NO buffeting and completely dead air. I felt for the sides of the air pocket coming down 401 (and getting strange looks) and it's hitting right outside my shoulders, just over my head, and the little bit of air coming up between the fairing past the handlebars disipates before it hits my chest. Only complaint is the top of the screen is right at my line of sight and it'll be in the way if I do any technical offroad, which I won't do on a 650lbs pig. I think this is what a touring bike is supposed to feel like.

Obligatory garage door shot

And compared to stock
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #17888
GrayEagleRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Thanks for the info! One of the hardest things about this PCS is leaving my current riding buddy/group behind. Fellow riders (especially trials) that can actually go out riding not easy to find. Not looking at replacing current group, just make it easier knowing some fellow inmates down there.

I am not familiar with Tim Pullman, I am still fairly new to trials scene, but some of my riding group members probably do.

Thanks again, will have to link up this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
GER, Carolina Virginia Observed Trials Club held their 1st Trials meet of the year today up in Lawrenceville, VA. Check them out at cvotc.org.

There's also a good club in the Charlotte area called Metrolinatrials.org. Eyedragaknee and I attended a great Ryan Young clinic over in Shelby a month ago that was hosted at a Metrolina member's place. Great time!

There's a bunch of trials riding going on in the area. A couple of AMA National #1 riders in Raleigh. One of them happens to be a 14 year old girl. Met 3 more guys from the Raleigh area at the meet today, so if you like trials you're in luck. Area 53 is exclusively trials or mtb now.

Do you know Tim Pullman...Advanced rider from Maryland? Super dood and a super good rider.

Welcome to the area!
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #17889
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
Instead of lunch I recommend meeting up for a lunch time ride.

GER, Too easy to link up and ride some Trials.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #17890
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Instead of lunch I recommend meeting up for a lunch time ride.
If it is anything like a normal day at Bragg, that would mean riding out the gate at 1130 and turning right back around to get back in line so you can get back to work by 1300.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #17891
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
Quote:
If it is anything like a normal day at Bragg, that would mean riding out the gate at 1130 and turning right back around to get back in line so you can get back to work by 1300.
Lane splitting.

I mean it's just to get on a military base. It's not like anyone is paying attention
Old 04-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #17892
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
Lane splitting.

I mean it's just to get on a military base. It's not like anyone is paying attention
I have only lane split to get on base once. And that was to get past traffic for one gate to get to another gate. I can't do it. It's not like cutting off some jackass in a Lexus on the way into an office park. And the problem with not riding sport bikes and always being ATGATT is either of my bikes or my space man suit are instantly recognizable. It's a problem sometimes.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #17893
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Sounds like you were backed up at the Yadkin gate trying to get to the Reilly gate.

So how does lane splitting work on the Super Ten with those hard cases? I'm guessing scary enough to only try once.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #17894
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
I don't have my cases yet, but I'd guess they make little difference. That is of course if they are not wider then the bars.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #17895
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Quote:
Sounds like you were backed up at the Yadkin gate trying to get to the Reilly gate.

So how does lane splitting work on the Super Ten with those hard cases? I'm guessing scary enough to only try once.
Passed on the shoulder heading towards the chicken gate to get to longstreet. A couple people riding the line made it interesting. The cases are still inside the bars. Now once the crash bars show up this thing will have the dimensions of an ATV with half the wheels.