ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #916
kenny61
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 23,770
That yz's a sweet ride!
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age
Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #917
kenny61
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 23,770
On a side note, Took the family to their first MX race today. My daughter has since instructed me to prep the bike and get her to an open practice day...

Of course I will have to race too
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age
Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #918
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,417
I tried a 2005 YZ125 out on a friends private 110 acre tight woods singletrack loop,it was obvious from the 1st corner that it was a cheater bike,so light yet felt lighter then it really is,if that's possible.
And so much fun to pin it and click through the gears! The thing just wails and loves to scream,and stops on a dime.

Im thinking Id like to try one on our ultra tech singletrack trails in the local mountains,lotsa real tight turns and vertical stuff.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #919
pvangel OP
Team AARP
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
On a side note, Took the family to their first MX race today. My daughter has since instructed me to prep the bike and get her to an open practice day...

Of course I will have to race too

Well it's about time we got you outa the woods. There's a CRF150 in the garage any time she wants to borrow it. Maybe Rocky Hill one weekend?
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #920
pvangel OP
Team AARP
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
I tried a 2005 YZ125 out on a friends private 110 acre tight woods singletrack loop,it was obvious from the 1st corner that it was a cheater bike,so light yet felt lighter then it really is,if that's possible.
And so much fun to pin it and click through the gears! The thing just wails and loves to scream,and stops on a dime.

Im thinking Id like to try one on our ultra tech singletrack trails in the local mountains,lotsa real tight turns and vertical stuff.

It is a cheater bike Footdragger...don't let it get out though
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #921
kenny61
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 23,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Well it's about time we got you outa the woods. There's a CRF150 in the garage any time she wants to borrow it. Maybe Rocky Hill one weekend?

She got the XR100for now. Rocky hill? Sure!
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age
Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #922
Tbone
off-ramp slayer
 
Tbone's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 4,222
A 144 kit would get you a little more power without changing the characteristic of the bike.
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #923
Tbone
off-ramp slayer
 
Tbone's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 4,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
On a side note, Took the family to their first MX race today. My daughter has since instructed me to prep the bike and get her to an open practice day...

Of course I will have to race too
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #924
pvangel OP
Team AARP
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
A 144 kit would get you a little more power without changing the characteristic of the bike.
I have been thinking of one actually... My freind has a 167 and it kinda ruins what I like about a 125, it is very fast but doesn't rev or hit like a 125. A 144 would do it for me.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #925
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
I have been thinking of one actually... My freind has a 167 and it kinda ruins what I like about a 125, it is very fast but doesn't rev or hit like a 125. A 144 would do it for me.
Yeah the YZ125 seemed pretty good as a 125,it screamed but did so pretty smoothly,came on the pipe and just kept pulling with out doing anything real abrupt,the one I rode had a small flywheel weight added on,I dont know if that's better or worse, but the thing felt like riding a full sized mini bike somehow.
Tiny little engine.

I wonder how long a piston kit would last trailriding?
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #926
pvangel OP
Team AARP
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Yeah the YZ125 seemed pretty good as a 125,it screamed but did so pretty smoothly,came on the pipe and just kept pulling with out doing anything real abrupt,the one I rode had a small flywheel weight added on,I dont know if that's better or worse, but the thing felt like riding a full sized mini bike somehow.
Tiny little engine.

I wonder how long a piston kit would last trailriding?
My bike has 65 hrs on it now, all MX. I put a piston in at 30 and 60hrs both times they were still fine, cylinder still looks new. I would say 50 hrs would be fine if your trail riding, my friend with the 167 went 80 hrs on the last piston.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #927
pvangel OP
Team AARP
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Oddometer: 2,192
www.Tomahawkmx.com
First race of the year at Tomahawk in WV, 300 miles each way. Friday is an open practice which is good because I have never ridden there and it's nice to learn the track before you actually have to race it. Saturday race and we'll probably stay and leave Sunday morning so I am not driving all night to get home.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #928
kenny61
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 23,770
you racin the cr?
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age
Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #929
pvangel OP
Team AARP
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
you racin the cr?
Yep! I have a hard time switching back and forth so CR 125 and CRF150f that's enough!


pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #930
pvangel OP
Team AARP
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South Salem, NY
Oddometer: 2,192
The 150's (one's a 175 but we keep that quite) (#3)

pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014