ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #61
dpifko OP
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 327
Enjoy the ride, and see you at the Pyndon show on Friday night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
With the suggestions of several extremely gracious and helpful inmates I've devised a 500 mile mostly dirt and broken pavement route up to this Pyn event leaving early Thursday morning from L.A. ( of course barring a last minute work emergency). I'll be attempting to do a live ride report on my trip. Unfortunately I'll have no Dakar Bivy following me nor is it Pack Mule worthy. But all the same it's in the spirit of Pyn and this crazy world of advriders. Prelog will be posted later today in day trippin. Look forward to seeing you all there (I'll be the old guy dressed in sod).

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #62
dpifko OP

Dinner recommendations

There have been three restaurant recommendations nearby. Take your pick:

Basil Thai - http://www.yelp.com/biz/basil-thai-r...-san-francisco
Cat Head's BBQ - http://www.yelp.com/biz/catheads-bbq-san-francisco
Moya Ethiopian - http://www.yelp.com/biz/moya-san-francisco

See you there!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #63
dpifko OP

Just to be clear - yes, you can just show up and pay on the spot. Cash is better, but we'll take credit card too. All proceeds go to Pyndon.

Daniel

Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #64
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,327

I arrived on this 40 mile dirt section late in the day and was nearly traveling through it in the dark. I managed to cover the first 250 miles today, even with the rain delays. So, will I make it all the way to San Francisco tomorrow to see Pyndon? Stay tuned. Follow along in Day Trippin and keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #65
dpifko OP

Reminder - tonight!

Hi Everyone,

The weather here in San Francisco is beautiful, and Pyndon's all set up and ready to go. Come on out tonight, whether or not you've already bought a ticket!

Time: Tonight at 7:00 p.m.
1285 Folsom St., San Francisco, CA
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/YDYjA

See you soon.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #66
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,327
Lyndon rocked the house at Piston & Chain.

I love the creative vibe going on in San Francisco. Daniel hosted this event to introduce the adventure riding community to his brainchild SocialNav... a website for sharing ride routes. I suppose there might be a person interested in my four routes on this trip? Thanks Daniel, for inspiring, informing and entertaining us with this event featuring Lyndon Poskitt at Piston and Chain!!!

After a great 2 days of adventure riding... Could it get any better? Oh Yeah!!! 3 full hours of Pyn's riding history and full Dakar year in review. His presentation answered the questions before you could ask. Very thorough, very Pyn like. Worth every penny!

What a cool venue Piston & Chain is. Matt has created the ultimate club shop environment and displays his refined appreciation of motorcycles like fine art lining his walls.

The ever gracious Pyn staying after to answer questions from Advrider inmate Cyborg.

A big thanks to sponsor MX1West and Rally Management Services for helping out and supplying swag for the raffle. I learned that Dave has gone to every Dakar since 2004 as rally support. And his company MX1West will rally outfit your bike for any rally event in the world.

Everyone at PISTON & CHAIN from Matt, Erica and Rosh to the entire team orchestrated this event wonderfully. Thanks to all of you lucky club members... He'll yes I'm jealous!!!

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 07:03 PM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #67
kzahel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Glad I was able to make it to the awesome talk. Very inspiring and what a ride!
kzahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #68
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,099
50$ in tix and no rabbit. I so disappoint.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #69
Pyndon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,461
Who votes for KTM Race Beast availability through my web-site....?

Thanks to everyone that turned out for the San Fran show, especially those that rode 500 miles and flew in from Atlanta cos they missed the Nashville one...awesome.

Great riding on Saturday too, great to be out with good people, showing me the way around CA. Yeah I know, whenever I was in front we got lost!!!

Great to meet so many ADV Rider members that I have never been able to mett before.

Fun times....especially yesterday....

My Dakar Rally Experience
and blog www.LyndonPoskittRacing.com
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #70
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,099
That's no ordinary rabbit. Ill need the holy hand grenade of Antioch
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #71
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,239
What a great event! Thanks Pyn!!

It was great to see the clubhouse, meet the man, hear the stories and reacquaint myself with some old friends of Advrider. My boys boys thought it was the coolest thing in a very long time. I thought for sure they'd be bored with a 3-hour presentation, but they absorbed it all. Pyndon kept everyone's attention and has a knack for telling a great story. Hell, my boys didn't stop talking about it all the way on BART, even during the little police incident which delayed our return to home base that night. My wife was even impressed with the stories from their point of view. Can you believe I got a pat on the back from her? They only shut up about it when I took them dirt riding two days later.

Thank you Pyndon. And good luck with all of your future endeavors!

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #72
LeDakaR!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Yeah the clubhouse is pimp

www.route66moto.com
moto rental/sales and tours, location et vente moto, import-export
LeDakaR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #73
SOMA Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I have to concur with everyone else; the event was awesome! The 3+ hours that Pyndon used to cover his experiences in the Dakar went by quickly. In all truth, I probably could have listened for a couple more hours. I've heard a lot of excellent motivational/inspirational speakers at corporate events and he is at the top.

Piston & Chain blew me away as well; so much so that I signed up for a membership. Thanks to Dan and Matt for putting this together!

DesertSurfer, I'd love to know a little more about your route/trip that you took from LA to SF. If you ever feel inclined to share your GPS route/trip details, that would be fantastic.
SOMA Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #74
dpifko OP

Ducati designer Pierre Terreblanche at Piston & Chain in SF next Wednesday

I know this is a little off topic, but since the people in this tread were interested in one P&C event, you might be in another.

The Piston & Chain workspace/motorcycle club is putting on an event in SF next week that I thought you might like. The club is hosting Pierre Terblanche, Design Director for Ducati from 1997-2006, at the clubhouse on Wednesday, April 17 at 6:30 p.m. Ducati USA (based in Cupertino) is also sending up 3 bikes and 3 engineers to participate.

The event details are here: http://www.pistonandchain.com/produc...rre-terblanche . Parking shouldn't be a problem after the meters go offline at 6 pm.

I hope you can come. I haven't heard Pierre speak, but I'm curious myself to know what he was/is thinking when designing new bikes.

Daniel

Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #75
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyndon View Post
Who votes for KTM Race Beast availability through my web-site....?
Is this a vote?

It was great to meet you Pyndon and all the other ADV'rs. Fun to put faces to names.

A few pix I had:

On Sat, 3 of us who were at the presentation went and rode Mines Rd and Mt Hamilton Road. Great weather. I was sorry to have to fly back up to rainy Seattle Sun eve...

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote