User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
Robas OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Belarus, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Wilnius end of april 2013

hello. at the end of April 2013 I plan to visit Belarus, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Vilnius. I'm coming from the vicinity of Poznan KTM 990 adv. here's a rough journey map
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...1114e53b&msa=0
I invite you to join
Robas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
motobaer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robas View Post
hello. at the end of April 2013 I plan to visit Belarus, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Vilnius. I'm coming from the vicinity of Poznan KTM 990 adv. here's a rough journey map
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...1114e53b&msa=0
I invite you to join

Thank you for the invitation! Good idea. I would like to join you but has to work end of April. Belarus is still a white spot on my map. The Lake Ladoga area north of St. Petersburg is a good place to ride your KTM. You will love it.

G.
motobaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
mixermsk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Great idea, but I would suggest to think about going in May.
Winter in Russia is still not over(-8 in Moscow now, -10 in St. Petersburg, -13 on north coast of Ladoga ), and in Karelia snow in April - normal case
mixermsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Robas OP
n00b

Now in Pozen is about 0, I think end of april it will be quite ok in Belarus, Moskow and Petersburg. I was last year at 5 may in Kiev and it was 33 :) I now that is more on south but it was much higher temperature. When You have free time to go Motobear, Mixermsk? I think to go at 30 april because I have few days free... Probably I'll go with friend from Warsaw. Sorry for my English
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
mbravo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Hi Robas,

I'll be back home just a bit north of St.Petersburg on May 4th. If you arrive sometime after that, I'd be delighted to share a ride, show you the city or surroundings, etc. Feel free to PM me to swap contact details.
mbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Robas OP
n00b

I'm glad to hear that Mbravo :) of course I would like to share the ride and take Your help with the city. thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 03:08 AM   #7
Panda*
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Hi, Robas! And why, after St. Petersburg you go back through Russia to Lithuania, Vilnius? I think a lot more interesting after St. Petersburg's go to Estonia (Tallinn), then to Latvia (Riga), and then to Lithuania (Vilnius)

My husband and I have booked a hotel in Kiev (Ukraine) from May 1 to May 4, we will go there on moto with our friends. But if you will be in Moscow before or after these dates, you have my phone number - just call! Or you can take a ride with us in Kiev, if you have the time!

Panda* screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 07:02 AM
Panda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
Robas OP
n00b

yes, first I wanted to go throught estonia and latvia but I think trip is enough long. I want go back by Wilnius. I was in Kiev last May :) and really liked. Certainly, I'll be in Moskow after 4 may
Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
excTC
Carbon Ktm lifeform

Oddometer: 164
Hi robas. I would also suggest Riga and Tallin as good to see. I went through there last year. I am trying to plan a similar trip leaving from Poznan but I need to be in Moscow about the 12 may. If I can change the timing I will get in touch.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
Robas OP
n00b

I must slowly settle visas so is anyone seriously interested? We can determine the exact date together. 25 of may is rally in Brest :)