ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
WallyWhirled OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 816
Biggest Reason to NOT Relocate Sidestand

CADMV.

It would be less hassle to fix a cracked the case than to get a correct title in California. Bastards. Am trying to get correct title in CA for a bike purchased out-of-state. No other state that I know of requires it but CADMV requires the engine number to be recorded along with the VIN.

Been to DMV 4 times. First time they recorded the casting number instead of the engine number. When I got the title I noticed the incorrect number.

I have documentation from the factory cross-referencing both the VIN and the Engine number. The relocated sidestand obscures the first 2 digits of the engine number. They are the year it was produced: 07.

Like it's really going to make a difference. Hello. Engines can be replaced.

They recorded the engine number incorrectly in the first place. A title was issued with the incorrect number so what difference does it make even if the number were recorded incorrectly again?

I should probably just not worry about it and let it be an issue for the next owner.

8 out of the 10 numbers can be seen. The two that can't are the model year. There's paperwork to correlate. But NO.

I get to return to the DMV, yet again. This time with NO kickstand.

I wish I could just ride in and let the bike fall on it's side in the handicapped parking space but those handicapped parking spaces are already taken by these mentally handicapped DMV employees who have no common sense.