User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
Serp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Complete set ordered

Ordered the works for my new 2013 I picked up from the dealer today.
Can't wait to get the cases on!

Laguna Seca MotoGP Trips-06/07/08/09/10/11/12/13. 2014 Loop Trip-Glacier/Yellowstone/GTs/Flaming Gorge/Arches/Mesa Verda/Monuments/Goosenecks/Capitol Reef/Bryce/Zion/GC/Joshua/Yosemite/Lassen/Crater Lake
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serp View Post
Ordered the works for my new 2013 I picked up from the dealer today.
Can't wait to get the cases on!
...and I can't wait to see pics of them mounted up - they're going to look great on the new bike!

For those that have asked, I got the headlight guard added to the website and it's now available for pre-order, with delivery anticipated in early May. All the pictures earlier in the thread are hyperlinked to the product page, or you can go there by clicking here.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me, email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

Jason

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 05:40 AM
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me today about the cases for my F8GS. I think I'm sold on the Holan for what I'm going for. I sent you a message on the website, but one more thing.

Can you post a few more pics of the aluminum cases with the black lids?

Thx,
Jason
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose View Post
Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me today about the cases for my F8GS. I think I'm sold on the Holan for what I'm going for. I sent you a message on the website, but one more thing.

Can you post a few more pics of the aluminum cases with the black lids?

Thx,
Jason
Jason, my pleasure. I don't have any pics of the panniers off the bike, but you can see pictures of them mounted on a new Wee-Strom here. Here's a close-up picture of the aluminum/black setup mounted on the Wee:

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #20
gr8ridn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Some pictures of the new heavy duty Holan R1200GS LC Adventure rear rack, top case plate, and optional support arms. The rear supports help provide extra load capacity for the larger top cases and tie the pannier rack and top case rack together.
Jason,
If you don't mount a top box, but plan to carry a dry bag further forward can this be used without the support bars in the rear?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #21
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ridn View Post
Jason,
If you don't mount a top box, but plan to carry a dry bag further forward can this be used without the support bars in the rear?
Hi gr8ridn - the support bars are primarily if you're running the 45L Large+, or 62L Extra Large top case, or are running a smaller top case and want the additional reinforcement of having the whole system tied together. Holan has the Adventure rack available as a combination luggage rack/top case bracket as well as just a luggage rack, with the latter probably working better for what you're describing.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jason

Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
gr8ridn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Thanks Jason. Probably what I am thinking about is the luggage rack rather than the top case rack/luggage rack. If the design is different do you have a picture of the luggage rack?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #23
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 58
Why more racks why not use the BMW supplied pannier fittings built into the bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
And the asymmetrical system...this will let you run full-size, asymmetrical panniers (i.e 31L + 38L with no exhaust cut) for maximum capacity but with a slightly wider system width. I don't have system widths or pricing yet for the various options, but will post up here when I do. For reference, the panniers mounted below are aluminum (standard finish), with a full-size 38L on the exhaust side and a 45L on the non-exhaust side.

Why more racks why not use the BMW supplied pannier fittings/mount points built into the bike? The OEM pannier that I am not a fan of do however mount so nicely & it looks so much cleaner why not use whats there?

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #24
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ridn View Post
Thanks Jason. Probably what I am thinking about is the luggage rack rather than the top case rack/luggage rack. If the design is different do you have a picture of the luggage rack?
I don't think the luggage rack that mounts directly to the bike (versus using the Holan Adventure rack) is completed yet, but will check in with them on ETA and pics. That would be a great solution for carrying a dry bag or similar and will be less expensive than the full Adventure rack/top case plate system.

Thanks!

Jason

Old 04-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #25
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljm View Post
Why more racks why not use the BMW supplied pannier fittings/mount points built into the bike? The OEM pannier that I am not a fan of do however mount so nicely & it looks so much cleaner why not use whats there?
Hi pauljm...the Holan racks provide a very solid mounting system for the panniers, and are heavy duty enough (18mm tubing with 2mm wall thickness) to act as a crashbar for the rear of the bike if it decides to take a nap with the bags off. Another benefit is the interchangeability of panniers to different models of bikes, versus building a model-specific mount. If you trade bikes, just get the appropriate new rack and hang your panniers on it.

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

The Pro crashbars for the new R1200GS LC are complete, and they look great! Holan has done it again...a comprehensive design that protects the vulnerable parts of the bike while still keeping a very narrow profile. We expect to have pricing information shortly and will link the photos to the product page for pre-order as soon that's confirmed. Our next order goes in to Holan on 4/22 and would expect we'll be able to order these on that production run...will keep you posted as soon as we hear more!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 03:20 AM
Old 04-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #27
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Just got word from Holan on pricing for the crashbars. There will be two versions - Pro (as shown above) which protects the upper bodywork/radiator and includes the light bracket mounting bar, and Standard, which primarily protects the engine and will only come up to the cylinder heads. Both types of crashbars will be available in black powdercoat, silver (as seen earlier on the Adventure rack), and matte gray (similar to the panniers).

Pricing for the Pro crashbars is $439.99 and the Standard model is $269.99. We will have the product page loaded on our site by the end of the week and can accept pre-orders to be included in our next factory order on or about May 7th.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jason

rotaryracer screwed with this post 04-25-2013 at 03:23 PM
Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #28
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Got some pictures (courtesy of Holan's Greece distributor) of the new top case plate that mounts to the OEM rear rack (versus the heavy duty Holan Adventure rack as shown earlier). The price is $129.99 you can click here or on any of the pictures below to be linked directly to the product page.

For those that were interested in either a top case plate only (without the heavy duty rack) or a luggage rack to strap a dry bag to, this will be a nice option and a bit more cost effective than the full Adventure rack setup.

Thanks!

Jason

rotaryracer screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 10:55 AM
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #29
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,374
Well I am torn between the black and natural. Does anyone have any good side pics of the entire bike with bags mounted in good light?

Also do the bare aluminum oxidize like the BMW OEM Adventure bags?
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #30
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick View Post
Well I am torn between the black and natural. Does anyone have any good side pics of the entire bike with bags mounted in good light?

Also do the bare aluminum oxidize like the BMW OEM Adventure bags?
Hi Hammick - I'll work on getting some additional pictures from Holan and uploaded them as soon as I can! The natural aluminum panniers don't oxidize or transfer to the contents of your pannier...we've spoken with Holan customers that have had these for years and haven't had any issues. Inner bags are available for convenience if desired, but are not necessary to protect your pannier contents from getting black marks.

Thanks!

Jason