Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #961
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyPa View Post
Went for a putt around MSF this morning. Beautiful day for it. Bumped into Chasbo. Small world. Nice mtg you Chuck.

My wife and I were driving around Michaux when I caught a glimpse of a 990 out of the corner of my eye. Turned around and met Tommy. Beautiful R Tom! I hope we get the chance to ride through the area soon. Nice meeting you man!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #962
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
Was out today myself. Other than that bicycle race, I didn't see anyone else on 2 wheels. Hardly anyone at all actually.

Was kinda fun banging around on the Road King, just to see how it handled it. Bottoms out easily, but otherwise it handled it all just fine. Ridge rd, Middle Ridge rd, and various others that I found.

Only bummer was it seemed that every gate was closed on all the alternate routes. Every gate I saw was closed.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #963
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,806
I will not be attending the ride this week. I am coming up on Friday with a trailer of Lumber (no room for bike).
then it might be May until I get to come back. (nephews wedding one week and a silhouette shoot the next)
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #964
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,132

Dry and ready to ride!!!

Just in case there is any doubt that Spring be sprung......

Little guy almost shuffled off to Buffalo... passed him at speed and went back to see if he was ok. Pleasantly, he was ok.

Saw one bike out yesterday.. Blue DR... I slowed to a stop but the rider kept on getting. Ah well.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #965
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
I spent several hours riding and fishing for brookies on Sunday. Snapped a quick pick at the old Camp Michaux barn ruin.

Both the riding and the fishing were great. I love spring in Michaux. Pretty soon the mountain laurel will be in bloom.
Paebr332 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #966
Denny Mann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Talked to Jeff @ Caledonia Power Sports and the ride is a go for Thursday night @ 5:30. Show up a little early so that we can leave @ 5:30 because I hope to be done by 7:30. The address is 6210 Chambersburg Rd. Fayetteville PA 17222 and my cel # is 717-404-0651.
Denny Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #967
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
Hey everyone, I just noticed this on Michaux's Facebook page...

"Michaux State Forest
Forest users, please be aware that beginning Monday, April 15th on Still House Hollow, Milesburn, and Ridge Roads there will be heavy truck traffic due to a road maintenance project. This is expected to last approximately three weeks. Thank you in advance for your cooperation."

Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #968
vwlandon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Dammit. That means a bunch of thick graded gravel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
vwlandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #969
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
Saw some signs of it last weekend. Mostly up around the north end. Lots of areas are bulldozed and torn up, like construction sites. Not the roadway, along side it. Hogshead or Big Pond Rds I guess were the worse.

Several random plops of soft gravel on the roadways as well. Not the usual thing where they cut a ditch, lay a pipe, and gravel it. Just random truckloads of gravel dumped in the roads here and there.

Nothing insurmountable. I was puttering through quite successfully on my lowered Harley Road King, so any bike can make it.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #970
Lupin 3rd
Raygun Gothic

Oddometer: 486
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
Nothing insurmountable. I was puttering through quite successfully on my lowered Harley Road King, so any bike can make it.
Yea, but did you drive a lowered miata through it?!?
Lupin 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #971
Denny Mann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
We got off to a good start with 3 riders on our first Thursday evening ride in Michaux. Even with a late start we got 40 miles in. I feel next week the ride will grow in size just remember this is a dirt road Adventure Ride and not a Dual Sport. I hope to see more folks next Thursday.
We got off to a good start with 3 riders on our first Thursday evening ride in Michaux. Even with a late start we got 40 miles in. I feel next week the ride will grow in size just remember this is a dirt road Adventure Ride and not a Dual Sport. I hope to see more folks next Thursday.
Well we got off to a good start with 3 riders on our first Thursday evening Michaux Adventure ride. We got off to a late start but still got in a 40 mile ride. I invite everyone to join us next Thursday evening @ 5:30.
Denny Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #972
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Mann View Post
I feel next week the ride will grow in size just remember this is a dirt road Adventure Ride and not a Dual Sport. I hope to see more folks next Thursday.
Where is the next Thursday night ride starting from? Pine Grove Furnace, perhaps?

Fred
FredRydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #973
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Mann View Post
Well we got off to a good start with 3 riders on our first Thursday evening Michaux Adventure ride. We got off to a late start but still got in a 40 mile ride. I invite everyone to join us next Thursday evening @ 5:30.
That's one hell of a skip you have there. Maybe you should change your needle.

Hmm, I wonder how many here are too young to know what the hell I am talking about.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #974
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
That's one hell of a skip you have there. Maybe you should change your needle.

Hmm, I wonder how many here are too young to know what the hell I am talking about.
Put a coin on the stylus, That should help
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #975
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post

Exactly what I was thinking