ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Mazaev OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Fly-n-ride suggestions/help

EDIT: Missed the flatistan forum; reposting there.

So I'm flying down to Miami from NYC tomorrow to pick up a bike. Was wondering if anyone that has done this managed to get temp tags in Florida to avoid potential problems further down the road (I can always slap my old plate on, but I got into some trouble the last time I did that in NY, so would like to minimize the risk this time around. When I picked up a bike from Maryland a couple years ago, the DMV said that I would have to pay the tax for the bike in order to get a tag. Is this the case in Florida? If so, is there anyway to recoup that so that I'm not paying tax twice on it?

Since I'm getting it on Sunday, I figured that I could spend the night near the northern border and hit the DMV in the morning.

Would anyone in the northeastern part of the state happen to have a couch I could crash on, or a yard to camp in?

Also, any route suggestions to test the new bike's twistie worthiness east of the blue ridge or not-to-be-missed food spots to check out on the way up?
Mazaev is offline   Reply With Quote